Slade's Summer Fatloss Fad

Regina

Yeah, a little too much. Used plenty of mineral sunscreen but still got burnt badly. And dont go to the evergladrs unless you dont mind getting about 3 million mosquito bites.
The stress of the everglades
Yeah, a little too much. Used plenty of mineral sunscreen but still got burnt badly. And dont go to the evergladrs unless you dont mind getting about 3 million mosquito bites.
I used to have a boyfriend who LOVED canoeing in the everglades. We were such a mismatch.
Sorry slade for just blurting that out. It brought back an insane memory for me. (everglades = trigger word :): )
How was your trip? What else did you do? I went to high school in Miami and going back to see the fam in a couple of wks. (and not going canoeing in the everglades ;o))

Last edited:

jitsmonkey

Nice I think we seriously underestimate the value of sun exposure in ref to all things metabolic.
Glad you had a good trip and dropped a few too.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Nice I think we seriously underestimate the value of sun exposure in ref to all things metabolic.
Glad you had a good trip and dropped a few too.

I gained a few on the trip haha

But you might be right about the benefits of sunlight. Even though I was drinking and not eating very peaty I seemed to be in pretty good shape, and felt good laying out in the sun or soaking in the salt water. Actually salt water may have itse on healing properties I think we should look into more. The sunlight does seem to provide benefits of my red light bulb at home, without the anxiety and strange mental effects that can happen if I sit 7nder it too long. The problem is UVB rays which require the use of chemical sunscreen, so perhaps ysing sunlight for a limited amount of time with something like solban, coconut oil or zinc sunscreen for at least minimum protection. BtW I was badly burnt, but only for a day or two. 3 days later the sunburn has disappeared, as Raymond has said he thinks sunburns are closely associated with PUFA in the tissues, which I have low PUFA but not as low as some on here who apparently don't really burn at all...

Iron Man

Have there been any updates on this? I really want to drop 10lbs and it seems to be getting harder to do this.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Yes sorry I would have updated this more frequently but it seemed like no one was following the thread. I have lost about 10 pounds but have not been consistent with my diet. The times I have strictly adhered to this dietary protocol, I have noticed fatloss. It isn't all that fast but losing 2 or even 3 lbs a week is probably achievable if I really dial in the macros and don't eat too much and stay active.

Iron Man

Yes sorry I would have updated this more frequently but it seemed like no one was following the thread. I have lost about 10 pounds but have not been consistent with my diet. The times I have strictly adhered to this dietary protocol, I have noticed fatloss. It isn't all that fast but losing 2 or even 3 lbs a week is probably achievable if I really dial in the macros and don't eat too much and stay active.
Thanks!
Can you share the protocol? I am a weight lifter and have good diet, but belly fat is a real dog to beat for me.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Just an update, I am down to 215 lbs. That is about 10 lbs of weightloss, less than half of my objective last summer, and it only took me until the following summer!
I sure hope slow weightloss is as great as Peat claims!

DaveFoster

Just an update, I am down to 215 lbs. That is about 10 lbs of weightloss, less than half of my objective last summer, and it only took me until the following summer!
I sure hope slow weightloss is as great as Peat claims!
Any updates?

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Any updates?

Thanks for inquiring, Dave!

That summer, which was two summers ago now, I managed to get down to 210lbs by the fall rolled around. That's not substantial, but I am never very committed long term with weight loss and am worried about restricting too much sugar because it is the most reliable way of suppressing cortisol, which helps me keep my hair.

Anyways, a year later-this past fall- I had gained some of the weight back and weighed 222lbs. So I began eating very consciously, this time more committed and carefully than before. I made an effort to eat less fat. This worked well, I was able to lose 10 lbs in under a month. This has led me to believe that fat intake is my diet's biggest contributor to getting fat. It is much more difficult to metabolize all of the fat in my diet than the sugar. It also depends how active I am. If I am sitting down most of the day, which I try not to do (I even bought a standing desk) then sometimes I sense that I didn't burn through the carbs I ate that day, so adding fat on top of that is sure to end up in fat storage in my opinion.

Anyways, I hope you stick in there if you are trying to lose some weight. I am still trying to lose about 15 lbs and get under 200lbs.

DaveFoster

Thanks for inquiring, Dave!

That summer, which was two summers ago now, I managed to get down to 210lbs by the fall rolled around. That's not substantial, but I am never very committed long term with weight loss and am worried about restricting too much sugar because it is the most reliable way of suppressing cortisol, which helps me keep my hair.

Anyways, a year later-this past fall- I had gained some of the weight back and weighed 222lbs. So I began eating very consciously, this time more committed and carefully than before. I made an effort to eat less fat. This worked well, I was able to lose 10 lbs in under a month. This has led me to believe that fat intake is my diet's biggest contributor to getting fat. It is much more difficult to metabolize all of the fat in my diet than the sugar. It also depends how active I am. If I am sitting down most of the day, which I try not to do (I even bought a standing desk) then sometimes I sense that I didn't burn through the carbs I ate that day, so adding fat on top of that is sure to end up in fat storage in my opinion.

Anyways, I hope you stick in there if you are trying to lose some weight. I am still trying to lose about 15 lbs and get under 200lbs.
Interesting, thank you. I remember reading that standing desks have some negative health consequences.

"...before we all throw out our chairs, it is important to discuss the past and recent research that indicates that prolonged standing can also have detrimental effects on the human system. It is crucial that we expand our idea of a healthy work environment to one that facilitates movement and change in position and empowers the worker to understand their role in their own musculoskeletal and physiological health and wellness, beyond the use of equipment."

Ergonomics and the standing desk. - PubMed - NCBI

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom