Slade's Summer Fatloss Fad

superhuman

Why would I start this thread if I have a positive body image? Its clearly negative, I need to lose weight.

I think you will understand what @tca300 are saying once you get down to 200 lbs and see for yourself.

Usually people need to loose double the amount of fat they think they need or they carry double the amount of fat/weight they think they do. People also think they carry double the amount of muscle they actually do.

Once again, diet down to low body fat levels and everything will be reveled to you.

encerent

Is it better to go nearly no fat or use a moderate amt of coconut oil (say 40 grams). Peat has some outrageous anecdotes about coconut oil causing amazing fat lose.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

@superhuman @tca300
If I was 200 lbs I would be just or very close to as lean as that british grenade chump is. A few years ago I did actually get down to 190 and I was lean and ripped similar to that, maybe I can dig up an old pic.

The difference is that I am now even stronger, all my lifts are higher, so my muscle mass has increased and I estimate by about 10 lbs hotblooded muscle meat.

Just give it a couple months and you'll see. Youll all see. You and your little pal tca300 will have to swallow your words, and hope you dont choke.

Last edited:

Koveras

:lol:

So @200lbs you will be considerably leaner than this guy

I look forward to the pictures.

No not leaner, genius, just more muscular. More muscle = lower bf% That guy looks like he is a professional bicep curler and ab roller.

I can bench 275 x6, squat 365x5,with a full range of motion. I think this is actually why I weigh so much, my years of lower body development from squats and powercleans. I threw discus/shotput and played american football for 8 years.

Great to hear, you should update us with pics and stats every week or so, as I am about to do.

Right. Now.

View attachment 5195 View attachment 5196

As you can clearly see, I am way more muscular and handsome than the chump in the video posted by @tca300 (catchy name)

My 2c on the fence here

@tca300 DEXA is still fallible, and I imagine the 8% is overestimating Jamie's bodyfat there. Creatine loading, muscle glycogen content, and hydration still impact lean tissue estimations from DEXA, so if you go in 'depleted' it's going to make you appear smaller and fatter then you would be otherwise.

Manipulation of Muscle Creatine and Glycogen Changes Dual X-ray Absorptiometry Estimates of Body Composition. - PubMed - NCBI
DXA Estimates of Body Composition and Carbohydrate Loading. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of an Acute High Carbohydrate Diet on Body Composition Using DXA in Young Men. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of hydration status on the measurement of lean tissue mass by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. - PubMed - NCBI

@sladerunner69 re: More muscle = lower bf%

This is only marginally true

For example if someone were 10% BF and wanted to drop to 5%

If your starting point was 200lbs total, 180lbs lean, 20lbs fat - and you maintained your lean mass at 180 exactly and cut 10lbs of fat - you would end up at a bodyweight of 190, with 180 lean, 10 fat, and be at 5.26%

With the same starting point as above (2oo total, 180 lean, 20 fat, 10%) - and you maintained your fat mass at 20lbs exactly and only focused on gaining muscle, you would need to double your lean mass to halve your bodyfat percentage - ending up at 380 total, 360 lean, 20 fat and 5.26%

Personally I'd never use bodyfat % for anything other than tracking progress and even then if that was the goal I would just use a direct measurement like skinfold thickness.

How someone looks and performs is inevitably more impressive then a calculated variable

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

My 2c on the fence here

@tca300 DEXA is still fallible, and I imagine the 8% is overestimating Jamie's bodyfat there. Creatine loading, muscle glycogen content, and hydration still impact lean tissue estimations from DEXA, so if you go in 'depleted' it's going to make you appear smaller and fatter then you would be otherwise.

Manipulation of Muscle Creatine and Glycogen Changes Dual X-ray Absorptiometry Estimates of Body Composition. - PubMed - NCBI
DXA Estimates of Body Composition and Carbohydrate Loading. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of an Acute High Carbohydrate Diet on Body Composition Using DXA in Young Men. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of hydration status on the measurement of lean tissue mass by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. - PubMed - NCBI

@sladerunner69 re: More muscle = lower bf%

This is only marginally true

For example if someone were 10% BF and wanted to drop to 5%

If your starting point was 200lbs total, 180lbs lean, 20lbs fat - and you maintained your lean mass at 180 exactly and cut 10lbs of fat - you would end up at a bodyweight of 190, with 180 lean, 10 fat, and be at 5.26%

With the same starting point as above (2oo total, 180 lean, 20 fat, 10%) - and you maintained your fat mass at 20lbs exactly and only focused on gaining muscle, you would need to double your lean mass to halve your bodyfat percentage - ending up at 380 total, 360 lean, 20 fat and 5.26%

Personally I'd never use bodyfat % for anything other than tracking progress and even then if that was the goal I would just use a direct measurement like skinfold thickness.

How someone looks and performs is inevitably more impressive then a calculated variable

All fair points, but let's consider IFBB pros vs Mr. "Grenade" here. Most pro bodybuilders are 275-350 lbs in the off season, and drop 5-10% of their bodyfat for contest prep. Some get as low as 3% bodyfat, but dont look much leaner than Mr. Grenade. Why is that?

I understand that the measurement may be marginal when considerring how much weight one wants to lose- good point there.
This is more about how Mr. Grenade may only weigh 175 lbs, maybe 10-15lbs of it is fat (or less). So he gets 8%bf. Meanwhile a very muscular bodybuilder at 275 lbs with 15 lbs of fat on him would be 4-5% bf. And a 275lb bodybuilder at 8% bodyfat will be not very defined, at least not enough for contest.

So at 230 lbs I stand somewhere in the middle. At around 15% bodyfat, that's 40 lbs fat tissue. If I lost 30 lbs of fat, that is 10lbs fat tissue. That is 200lbs, at 5%bf which is very lean and cut-up, I actually don't know it I can do that. 8% for me is probably something like 10% for Mr Grenade, because he does not have as much muscle mass.

Koveras

All fair points, but let's consider IFBB pros vs Mr. "Grenade" here. Most pro bodybuilders are 275-350 lbs in the off season, and drop 5-10% of their bodyfat for contest prep. Some get as low as 3% bodyfat, but dont look much leaner than Mr. Grenade. Why is that?

I understand that the measurement may be marginal when considerring how much weight one wants to lose- good point there.
This is more about how Mr. Grenade may only weigh 175 lbs, maybe 10-15lbs of it is fat (or less). So he gets 8%bf. Meanwhile a very muscular bodybuilder at 275 lbs with 15 lbs of fat on him would be 4-5% bf. And a 275lb bodybuilder at 8% bodyfat will be not very defined, at least not enough for contest.

So at 230 lbs I stand somewhere in the middle. At around 15% bodyfat, that's 40 lbs fat tissue. If I lost 30 lbs of fat, that is 10lbs fat tissue. That is 200lbs, at 5%bf which is very lean and cut-up, I actually don't know it I can do that. 8% for me is probably something like 10% for Mr Grenade, because he does not have as much muscle mass.

Definitely, lower body fats are much harder to achieve with greater amounts of muscle mass (naturally).

T

tca300

@Koveras I know dexa scans are somewhat inaccurate, I posted about their inaccuracy a few weeks ago with studies. In the natural bodybuilding thread.
My point was, people outside the fat cutting world throw around bodyfat percentages without truly understanding what someone looks like @ below 10%. The video I posted clearly demonstrates a person around 10% body fat.
And I mean absolutely no offense to slade but there is just no possible way ~30lbs lost off his frame will get him at around or below 8%. I've done this too long, and have too much experience to think that's even remotely possible.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

@Koveras I know dexa scans are somewhat inaccurate, I posted about their inaccuracy a few weeks ago with studies. In the natural bodybuilding thread.
My point was, people outside the fat cutting world throw around bodyfat percentages without truly understanding what someone looks like @ below 10%. The video I posted clearly demonstrates a person around 10% body fat.
And I mean absolutely no offense to slade but there is just no possible way ~30lbs lost off his frame will get him at around or below 8%. I've done this too long, and have too much experience to think that's even remotely possible.

Whoa:oldman: you really think that Mr. Grenade guy is at around 10% huh?

All of the guys below are at 5% bodyfat. Mr Grenade looks even leaner than they do, and he isn't even taking pictures and is not pumpep. He has striations between his abs. The reason the scans show him at 10% is because they are innacurate, he is really around 5-6%

again, all 5%:

Attachments

• 9d85f706a1dd29b303dc147ff95ca0c5.jpg
    9d85f706a1dd29b303dc147ff95ca0c5.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 61
  • d5e2d-IMG_1052.jpg
    d5e2d-IMG_1052.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 66
  • sdSk5.jpg
    sdSk5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 87
  • doc-savage-reflections-in-bronze.jpg
    doc-savage-reflections-in-bronze.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Regina

Whoa:oldman: you really think that Mr. Grenade guy is at around 10% huh?

All of the guys below are at 5% bodyfat. Mr Grenade looks even leaner than they do, and he isn't even taking pictures and is not pumpep. He has striations between his abs. The reason the scans show him at 10% is because they are innacurate, he is really around 5-6%

again, all 5%:
Maybe like these guys.

Why do you believe that eating low fat could drive me crazy? So far I ahve actually felt pretty good. I noticed that eating fat actually makes me feel sluggish, lethargic, and gives me dissociation feelings.

Strange. I can see how polyunsaturated fats might have this effect but for saturated fats I can't help but wonder what the mechanism behind this might be.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Ah, so coconut oil could also be problematic then?

Honestly that's up for debate. Peat thinks coconut oil can significantly raise the metabolism, so that it effectively contains negative calories. I think that is because of the very low unsaturaded fat levels meaning low oxidaiton of fatty acid chains, as well as high levels of MCT's...

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Progress report: So far I have gotten my weight up to 234. Going to need to cut back on the white wine I suppose. Will report back in a few days with photos!

Perhaps it was all muscle!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom