Extreme Sensitivity

maxonz

Hello, I’m dealing with some severe sensitivity to certain foods and all supplements. I suffer from anxiety and almost all supplements ive ever tried increases it to panic levels.

The only supplement that im okey with is pure glycine powder, but I cant eat gelatin/bonebroth.

Ive tried all peaty supplements from diffrent vendors and always get the same reactions even with minimal doses. Also im extremely sensitive to caffiene and havnt had any for 2 years.
I have GERD that makes it hard to eat alot of calories so im sure im undernourished.

Anyone have any ideas that I can try to improve my situation?

DavidGardner

I experienced something similar last year, though maybe not to your degree. Are you at least eating breakfast? I was fasting a lot at the time I was having these issues and found that sugar in the morning from milk, honey, or even just table sugar really helped. Also, are you taking any psychiatric medications? Quetiapine helps me quite a bit, but I don't know how applicable it would be for you. Depends on the diagnosis.

Kinda goes without saying here but I'll say it anyway. Definitely minimize PUFA. It will jack up your cortisol and worsen anxiety. Plus, you want an efficiently operating liver that can handle whatever you put in your body, intentionally or otherwise. Saturated fats are best for improving liver function, as we all know here...

tara

If you want:
-Do you want to spell out which foods you seem to be able to eat without too much trouble?
-Have you had a go at running it through cronometer or similar to get a rough idea of what nutrition you are getting from your food?

OP
M

maxonz

Been supplementing some betaine hcl which seems to help with appetite making me able to eat more. Still getting adrenaline surges a few times a day. Sometimes anxiety gets bad and i take a benzo to relax. No othet supplement or food seems to relax me like it.

My problem is that i ruminate everything bad that ever happened in my life alot.

Pointless

How do you deal with white sugar mixed in with milk or juice? Sugar is excellent for reducing stress and providing necessary fuel that is always in demand when using Peaty supplements. In my experience, nothing can replace white sugar in large amounts.

Vinero

Avoid all supplements and eat hypoallergenic foods at first, such as white rice and meats. You want to rule out any possibility of triggering a bad reaction to a food or supplement.
After your health improves with that, and your GERD and sensitivities decrease, add milk, cheese, fruits.
Then try using supplements to see which ones don't give you a negative reaction.

cyclops

Avoid all supplements and eat hypoallergenic foods at first, such as white rice and meats

You think white rice is a hypoallergenic food? Meat too? These would probably be closer to the the bottom of my list of allergenic foods. Never really heard of people being allergic to either.

Vinero

You think white rice is a hypoallergenic food? Meat too? These would probably be closer to the the bottom of my list of allergenic foods. Never really heard of people being allergic to either.
I mean White Rice and Meat are the least likely to cause an allergic reaction. That's why you want to eat those. Until your symptoms get better than you can add more "peaty" foods such as milk, fruit juice, cheese etc.

cyclops

I mean White Rice and Meat are the least likely to cause an allergic reaction. That's why you want to eat those. Until your symptoms get better than you can add more "peaty" foods such as milk, fruit juice, cheese etc.

Oh my mistake, I misread that. You did say hypo-allergenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals