Quick Intro, Might Interest Someone

Diddleum

Hello,

Im an very lean peater about 7% bf 6ft 77kg... I simply don't store alot of fat. Ive had a good few years of eating as much fat as i can with few carbs which has led to certain health problems. I would literally drink a cartoon of cream at points. The good news is that other than the occasional doughnut or mac donalds binge, my pufa intake probably hasnt been to bad.

The reason I was eating low carb was becase carbs always apparently made me feel like crap, dizzy, foggy etc. Even from small amount of carbs. I tried peating in the past and it was horrendous. IT is only now that I realised I was drinking full fat milk, and that was not correct in peat terms.

Cutting out fat I can eat as many carbs as I want without the symptons, yestarday I had 700g carbs, gummy bears, oj,fruit etc. It is clear to me that my worst symptons was caused by insulin resistance because of the high fat. I had symptoms of poor blood flow, heammorhoids, erection issues, purple feet, all have improved some since lowering fat.

Not sure if its a great theory but if I had few fat stores, then all the fat I poured down my throat must of sat in my blood for a large part. I guess I am slowly metabolizing/detoxing them?

I am tired and sleep alot, but that is better than the symptons I was having, and I have hope that will improve..

Constatine

Hello,

Im an very lean peater about 7% bf 6ft 77kg... I simply don't store alot of fat. Ive had a good few years of eating as much fat as i can with few carbs which has led to certain health problems. I would literally drink a cartoon of cream at points. The good news is that other than the occasional doughnut or mac donalds binge, my pufa intake probably hasnt been to bad.

The reason I was eating low carb was becase carbs always apparently made me feel like crap, dizzy, foggy etc. Even from small amount of carbs. I tried peating in the past and it was horrendous. IT is only now that I realised I was drinking full fat milk, and that was not correct in peat terms.

Cutting out fat I can eat as many carbs as I want without the symptons, yestarday I had 700g carbs, gummy bears, oj,fruit etc. It is clear to me that my worst symptons was caused by insulin resistance because of the high fat. I had symptoms of poor blood flow, heammorhoids, erection issues, purple feet, all have improved some since lowering fat.

Not sure if its a great theory but if I had few fat stores, then all the fat I poured down my throat must of sat in my blood for a large part. I guess I am slowly metabolizing/detoxing them?

I am tired and sleep alot, but that is better than the symptons I was having, and I have hope that will improve..
That is great to hear. As your body reclaims ito health it will improve its insulin sensitivity and you'll likely feel very energized after each meal. Make sure to eat a caloric surplus and maybe take supplements to improve insulin sensitivity. I've heard good things about cinnamon and insulin resistance.

tara

:welcome Diddleum.

paymanz

If its possible check your thyroid hormones,

And if a peaty diet for few weeks or few months is not enough to increase my temp/puls/energy level then I would consider starting thyroid supplementation at low dose to see how it changes things.

OP
D

Diddleum

That is great to hear. As your body reclaims ito health it will improve its insulin sensitivity and you'll likely feel very energized after each meal. Make sure to eat a caloric surplus and maybe take supplements to improve insulin sensitivity. I've heard good things about cinnamon and insulin resistance.

That sounds like a dream, I simply dont remember when I last felt good after a meal. Since being on the correct path though, I simply feel nothing after eating, rather than dizziness and fog. I Can eat 200g sugar and not even notice it. That is a big triumph to me, to realise it was all the fat I was eating.

I am not sure if I have gone to low fat to start with, I have been having < 20g (coconut oil). My theory was the less fat the better and the more pufa might be released, I understand now the aim is for it NOT to be released. My hands and feet have got freezing for the first time in my life (despite tons of sugar), and im attributing that to the lower fat. I plan to slowly increase my coconut oil, I dont want to become insulin resistant again, I think I am quite sensitive.

OP
D

Diddleum

So today I made a discovery.

Protein on its own seemed to make my heart race and welbeing drop somewhat. Today I had the same protein with plenty of juice and my heart rate did not change much. I assume because protein on its own creates insulin response which was lowering my blood sugar and then stress hormones bringing it back up increased my heart rate.

I had already noticed that a teaspoon of coconut oil increased my heart rate, this lunch I eat a potato and added a tablespoon of butter. This has increased my heart rate.

I am hoping that from what ive read here that my conclusion is correct... That the butter/coconut oil is improving the ratio of SFA to UFA and thus uninhibiting my metabolism to increase my pulse. I can't see how it is a stress response when I am eating a small amount of fat and some starch. I guess I could try just eating the butter straight with some juice to eliminate the possibility of the starch causing the increase.

This is encouraging, I am wondering if eating SFA around exercise will help my PEM which I have a theory is due to the increased UFA acid concentration during any physicial exertion.

I want to see how little butter/CO gives me the same increased heart rate so I can maximise the benefits without eating unecessary amounts of fats.

If the SFA pushing the PUFA aside and improving metabolism, then one would guess a little and often approach to SFA would be the best strategy.

I am taking low dose asprin, I am yet to try Vitamin E or Niacinamide yet. Rather see how far I can get with diet tweaks before I try more supplements.

OP
D

Diddleum

:-( So I just had butter on its own, it did not increse my heart rate, if anything lowered it. Unfortunately I think it is likely that potato plus butter increased my heart rate because of temporary insulin resistance of some sort, it was the same effect I used to experience low carbing, but was more mild and finished quickly. Butter or potato alone doesnt cause the significant increase, unless the two work synergistic to improve metabolism, I feel it is more likely that it was a mild stress response. It suggests that I should keep fat away from carbs generally. I want to see if coconut oil increases my heart rate when consumed alone...

Coconut oil on its own didnt change my heart rate either.. So I conclude, at least for now! that the raised heart rate when eating fats and carbs together is temp insulin resistance and a stress response.

Last edited:

tara

Protein on its own seemed to make my heart race and welbeing drop somewhat. Today I had the same protein with plenty of juice and my heart rate did not change much. I assume because protein on its own creates insulin response which was lowering my blood sugar and then stress hormones bringing it back up increased my heart rate.
Seems plausible.

I tend to eat mixed meals. When I pay attention, I've noticed my heartrate increasing after meals (unless I was strung out from hunger to begin with, in which case it reduces). I figure it could be both the increased fuel supply and the fact that the digestion normally has to do a bit of work to handle the meal.

OP
D

Diddleum

Seems plausible.

I tend to eat mixed meals. When I pay attention, I've noticed my heartrate increasing after meals (unless I was strung out from hunger to begin with, in which case it reduces). I figure it could be both the increased fuel supply and the fact that the digestion normally has to do a bit of work to handle the meal.

A steady slight increase in heart rate is normal for me (4-16bpm), and the heart beat intensity stays calm. However I have reactions where the heart rate increase greatly (20-26bpm) and the heart feels like it is pounding, and I can feel it beating without trying. There is definately a difference.

Fat+carbs together seems to cause the pounding, adrenaline? Temp Insulin Resistance - low blood sugar from reactive hypoglycemia (I have had this tested positive at a hopsital on a glucose intolerance test)?

Protein Can cause the pounding for me on its own, particularly larger amounts (low blood sugar from insulin?)

Fat on its own does nothing, and actually seems to lower eart rate if anything.

Carbs, or carbs with protein seems to give a steady healthy feeling increase in heart rate -> More likely to be improved metabolism.

OP
D

Diddleum

Last night, being valentines night, I took my girlfriend out for a meal. We went to a decent restuarant, and while I doubt they used any pufas, alot of olive oil and butter was involved and some pasta. There wasn't many carbs on the plate really so my heart rate didnt go crazy after.

It may or may not be related to the meal last night, but this morning I woke and my waking heart rate has increased a fair bit. Today it was 68bpm, usually it is 44-48bpm when I wake. This could be a few things, but I am hoping its a sign of improved metabolism, I shall see if it holds up.

OP
D

Diddleum

After a strong coffee and lots of sugar, my pulse lowered to around 60, I had a little salad and alot of coke all day and its lowered further to 52.

Caffiene is giving me a short lived feeling of energy, followed by a shaky weak feeling, even despite of lots of sugar. Deffinately no racing heart beat or adrenaline from low blood sugar though.

Reason for caffeine lowering pulse? A quick google suggest caffeine raises blood pressure, which in turn tends to lower heart rate.

Only eaten fruit and liquids today, I feel freezing, quite unlike me. Mood and energy levels have been good though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals