Extracting smaller doses from 100mg Progesterone capsules

GodsHound

I have some pharmaceutical progesterone (Utrogestan). They are in 100mg capsules. Utrogestan is micronized, body identical, progesterone suspended in a soybean oil (nice) emulsion.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to extract smaller doses from one of these capsules? I would like something like 5mg doses instead.

Note. A couple of weeks ago I used a couple of these capsules topically, to treat sunburn, by piercing open the capsule and spreading the oil over my skin after some coconut oil first. I used over half the capsule so >50mg, but didn't notice any obvious effects - so perhaps this was not an effective way to take use it.

I remember Peat say once that micronzed progesterone suspended in emulsion wont absorb into the skin efficiently as there is a minimal number of the progesterone particles in contact with the skin.

I have some pharmaceutical progesterone (Utrogestan). They are in 100mg capsules. Utrogestan is micronized, body identical, progesterone suspended in a soybean oil (nice) emulsion.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to extract smaller doses from one of these capsules? I would like something like 5mg doses instead.

Note. A couple of weeks ago I used a couple of these capsules topically, to treat sunburn, by piercing open the capsule and spreading the oil over my skin after some coconut oil first. I used over half the capsule so >50mg, but didn't notice any obvious effects - so perhaps this was not an effective way to take use it.

I remember Peat say once that micronzed progesterone suspended in emulsion wont absorb into the skin efficiently as there is a minimal number of the progesterone particles in contact with the skin.
Ray Peat says Progest-E is quicker absorbed and more cost effective to use it in the lips or gums. Use what you need and store the other part in the fridge.

OP
G

GodsHound

Thanks Rinse. Yeah I think most pharmaceutical bio-identical progesterone is in this format of micronised particles suspended in emulsion. I believe it to be a completely inefficient delivery method and could be the reason why many women on menopausal HRT are diagnosed as 'progesterone resistant'.

Thanks Rinse. Yeah I think most pharmaceutical bio-identical progesterone is in this format of micronised particles suspended in emulsion. I believe it to be a completely inefficient delivery method and could be the reason why many women on menopausal HRT are diagnosed as 'progesterone resistant'.
When I used it I was using it topically, but I switched to the lips and feel a quicker response from it now, the occasional times I use it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals