Estrogen issues

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I forgot to post FSH levels also
FSH 6.39 mlU/ml. Range 1.00-14.00 mlU/ml
Not sure if this is good or not for a male rat. I will post LH labs when done.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I was also thinking about something else this morning, I kind of wonder if it's a mineral deficiency too.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm low in copper. Copper is very important for us especially for men in their testosterone. The reason I say this is I did a hair test tissi a few years back. The results surprised me! I thought I was eating good.

Here's a snapshot.
Now I don't have a a calcium problem that I'm aware of due to the blood test. But that doesn't mean the tissues have calcium.

Attachments

• Picsart_23-08-01_09-08-21-109.png
    Picsart_23-08-01_09-08-21-109.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 6

youngsinatra

I don't think that HTMAs are that useful. It does not seem to clearly show what you need more of, or less of.

It's a too speculative science for me. I also see some people obsessed with mineral balancing and working with HTMAs and never going anywhere with their health unfortunately.

I personally spoke with Morley Robbins multiple times on the phone (who is a fan of the HTMA) and he told me that zinc, copper and iron (on a HTMA) are not good indicators for assessment. That's why he developed a collection blood test called "Full Monty Iron Panel" which includes ferritin, hemoglobin, serum iron, transferrin, TSAT, serum copper & ceruloplasmin, plasma zinc as an addition to the HTMA.

He also thinks that the HTMA tells us more about our metabolic patterns (looking at special ratios, that indicate adrenal health, thyroid function, blood sugar stability...) than giving an objective overall nutrient assessment.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I don't think that HTMAs are that useful. It does not seem to clearly show what you need more of, or less of.

It's a too speculative science for me. I also see some people obsessed with mineral balancing and working with HTMAs and never going anywhere with their health unfortunately.

I personally spoke with Morley Robbins multiple times on the phone (who is a fan of the HTMA) and he told me that zinc, copper and iron (on a HTMA) are not good indicators for assessment. That's why he developed a collection blood test called "Full Monty Iron Panel" which includes ferritin, hemoglobin, serum iron, transferrin, TSAT, serum copper & ceruloplasmin, plasma zinc as an addition to the HTMA.

He also thinks that the HTMA tells us more about our metabolic patterns (looking at special ratios, that indicate adrenal health, thyroid function, blood sugar stability...) than giving an objective overall nutrient assessment.
Well said! Yes you're absolutely right about more about specific ratios. But I did not know that these are really not good markers for overall health. I did not know about that full monty iron panel. I will have to look into that. Thanks

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Is Morley Robbins the guy I'm thinking of, they call him Mr magnesium.
I think it is. If so I found him a while back. He talks about all the iron overload issues and people not eating enough beef liver. He talks about how important copper is like the general of an army that tells the iron where to go.

I know because I found out that I have hereditary hemochromatosis. Good thing is Only have one dirty Gene and not two dirty genes. I hear people with full-blown hemochromatosis issues have a terrible problem in life.
I have done iron blood tests but not the one that used talked about in the thread. Everything came back okay except for my ferritin and iron binding capacity. I don't understand that one. Maybe some options on why.
Screenshot_20230801-101237.png

youngsinatra

Is Morley Robbins the guy I'm thinking of, they call him Mr magnesium.
I think it is. If so I found him a while back. He talks about all the iron overload issues and people not eating enough beef liver. He talks about how important copper is like the general of an army that tells the iron where to go.

I know because I found out that I have hereditary hemochromatosis. Good thing is Only have one dirty Gene and not two dirty genes. I hear people with full-blown hemochromatosis issues have a terrible problem in life.
I have done iron blood tests but not the one that used talked about in the thread. Everything came back okay except for my ferritin and iron binding capacity. I don't understand that one. Maybe some options on why.View attachment 53566
Holy smokes! Did not know that you have high iron.

Iron overload is associated with all kinds of diseases - hypogonadism (low testosterone), low thyroid, cancer, heart disease.

Have you donated blood to get it down?

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Holy smokes! Did not know that you have high iron.

Iron overload is associated with all kinds of diseases - hypogonadism (low testosterone), low thyroid, cancer, heart disease.

Have you donated blood to get it down?
I fact did forget to mention that. Yes I donate blood several times a year. Infact I just donated again a week ago. But iron is still high. Not sure what is going on

youngsinatra

I fact did forget to mention that. Yes I donate blood several times a year. Infact I just donated again a week ago. But iron is still high. Not sure what is going on
Interesting! I know sometimes people with hemochromatosis need to donate more frequently under their doctor‘s supervision. Like every 2 weeks in the beginning, then depending on blood work less frequently.

For healthy folks, you can only donate every 6 weeks.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Interesting! I know sometimes people with hemochromatosis need to donate more frequently under their doctor‘s supervision. Like every 2 weeks in the beginning, then depending on blood work less frequently.

And in fact I even gave my DNA report to my doctor showing that I have hereditary hemochromatosis. They didn't really think it was an issue but I did. I have since look for another doctor. And yes I'm really aware of the dangers of excess iron. Iron is in everything we eat. They fortify everything with iron. So I try to be strict but I'm not overly strict and try to donate blood often. Even though I'm heterozygous I still potentially could get iron overload which is clearly evident in the blood test. This is a reason why try not to eat too much red meat and stick to fish.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

When I found this out I did a lot of research on it. They call it the Celtic curse. They think that people living in the Europe areas because I come from European descent, there wasn't an abundant amount of red meat and they think the genes over evolutionary times mutated due to the lack of red meat around. So the gene in our gut did what they could to absorb iron in times of fathom. Unfortunately and today's food culture, food is everywhere. That can be problematic with people with certain genetic anomalies.

youngsinatra

And in fact I even gave my DNA report to my doctor showing that I have hereditary hemochromatosis. They didn't really think it was an issue but I did. I have since look for another doctor. And yes I'm really aware of the dangers of excess iron. Iron is in everything we eat. They fortify everything with iron. So I try to be strict but I'm not overly strict and try to donate blood often. Even though I'm heterozygous I still potentially could get iron overload which is clearly evident in the blood test. This is a reason why try not to eat too much red meat and stick to fish.
Yeah, trying to avoid fortified food should be priority number 1, as some food items contain a ridiculous amount of iron. Like Morley told me his favorite cereal of the past contains 70mg of iron in a portion he would eat. (the portion sizes are ridiculous on those products nonetheless and each portion of like 40g contains like 18mg of iron)

RP generally recommends a low iron diet - dairy, eggs, shellfish, coffee to lower iron absorption.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Yeah, trying to avoid fortified food should be priority number 1, as some food items contain a ridiculous amount of iron. Like Morley told me his favorite cereal of the past contains 70mg of iron in a portion he would eat. (the portion sizes are ridiculous on those products nonetheless and each portion of like 40g contains like 18mg of iron)

RP generally recommends a low iron diet - dairy, eggs, shellfish, coffee to lower iron absorption.
I agree 💯

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I like eating beef liver for it's absolutely high nutritional value but it's so high in iron. Not good for me. I found that squid is a really good source of copper and is really low in iron and just a good protein source over all.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I wonder if my high iron is linked to my high TSH. Ray has said that it is a sign of inflammation issues and high iron will definitely do this I think.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Well I got labs back. Wow! Really interesting. Unfortunately still waiting for rt3. Here are lab values for LH, progesterone, DHT and pregnenolone.

My LH seems good 5.07ml/ml
rage 1.40-7.70 mlU/ml

Not sure about progesterone 1.3ng/dl.
Range <.2 ng/dl

My DHT seems a little low 210.4 pg/ml
Range 106-719 pg/ml

Now my pregnenolone, wow, something is not right in the steroid pathway 321ng/dl
Range 23-173ng/dl

Help!!

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if my pregnenolone is that high that means it's not getting turned in to hormones downstream. Something in the pathway is not getting converted.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I'm really starting to wonder if it's all boiling down to being pre hypothyroid. Especially when my TSH is a 7.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I see doctor today at 3:30. I am going to recommend some thyroid support and an aromitase inhibitor exemestane. Will see how it goes

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Well here is the plan for six weeks from doc. Start 1/2 grain armor thyroid, 12mg exmastane twice a week and testosterone cipinate 30mg twice a week and see if we can get things two start leaving out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals