Estrogen issues

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Oh wow, thats a long time until the next thyroid lab! That sucks!
The other thing is I like working out all the time at the gym, but sometimes I think it's really counterproductive due to my issues I'm having. Because no matter what I do I never get any stronger and I feel like I never get anywhere. Now granted I'm not 18 anymore I'm 46. But still I consider myself pretty active and try to stay moving. I hate how watery my skin feels. Anyways that's another rant.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Oh wow, thats a long time until the next thyroid lab! That sucks!
I mean look at this chimpanzee, are closest relative. He hasn't worked out a day in his life and he's more rip than 80% of the men on this planet. That's because he's not bombarded by chemicals in our food system, pesticides, EMF, stress and a whole host of other issues.
NINTCHDBPICT000453604234-e1543852310346.jpg

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Well it's been six weeks and things have not changed much. My follow up appointment is October 4th. I will get my labs a week prior.

Recap doctor meds, I'm on 30mg armor thyroid, 30 mg testosterone cipinate twice a week and exmastane 12 mg twice a week.

So things i have noticed, I have noticed a slight strength increase while working out but have not noticed any muscle growth. I lost 12lbs in the first 3 weeks but weight has steadily increased and now I weigh 272 with my same amount of chest fat, adominal fat and fat all over where men shouldn't carry fat.

I'm walking like 12 miles a week on the treadmill ensuring I get proper rest and food. It's just weird that my body fat just doesn't want to come off.

I've cut my calories back, reduced alcohol consumption vastly, eating more protein and fewer carbs. Better blood sugar too.

Like yesterday,I fasted till 11:00, had my first meal, salmon and a glass of milk.
Second meal tai food with chicken and veggies. That's it. That ain't ***t for calories.

Waking body temperature hasn't changed much at all. Blood pressure is slightly better.

I don't know what is going on with my body weight. I want to try a glp-1 agonist, semaglutite.

I've discussed a lot of my lab markers. Any thoughts on the markers and why oh why is my serum pregnenolone so high?

DHT 210.4 pg/ml seems low
DHEA 233 ug/dl seems low
Prolactin 7.1ng/ml
Pregnenolone 321 ng/dl. High
Progesterone 1.3 ng/dl

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

It's so weird!! It's like I'm genetically predisposed to carry a lot of his body fat. Some people just can eat whatever the hell they want and walk around with 6% body fat which I'm extremely jealous about. I eat one meal and I gain weight fast.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my metabolism being so slow. And I know my testosterone is in the garbage can.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I know a lot of people are skeptical about genetic testing. But I'm starting to wonder. I'm starting to believe that genetics have a lot to do with things.

So I ran my genetic test through Nutrahacker. The results were pretty interesting.

A total of 41 mutations were detected at this time for your genome out of the 195 polymorphisms assessed.
There were 18 homozygous mutations.
There were 23 heterozygous mutations.

Having that many homozygous mutations can be problematic especially if it's methylation.

One of the homozygous mutations is a little worrying!

These mutations below:
Screenshot_20230919-095049-512.png

Anything that's messing with your HPA access and endocrine system could be a problem. My percentage is pretty high and the consequences. I'm not sure if this is good being resistant to glucocorticoids or not. But the possibility of having higher cortisol levels could be a big problem.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

The other thing is I am a non-secretor for the B12. And the other problem is I'm not very good according to my genes converting beta-carotene into vitamin A.
Screenshot_20230919-095724-433.png

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Something else I found out. There are a lot of vitamins on the market. In all different forms of that particular vitamin. For instance like zinc and magnesium. Some people have no problem taking zinc gluconate, zinc glycinate or other forms. I found out that my body likes zinc citrate much better and I respond better. This company Nutrahacker lays out a vitamin supplement based on your genetic profile according to the backed research. And there's tons of it. Something else I found out that my body does not like methyl groups too much. For instance my body likes Hydroxocobalamin B12 much better.

It doesn't even matter what multivitamin you take or the food you get. You can have high levels of copper, magnesium, zinc in your serum blood but if it can't get into the cell and pass the phospholipid membrane, you're going to have deficiencies inside the cell where the magic happens. Krebs cycle, citric acid cycle and the one that we all strive to get ATP.

I guess what I'm saying, everybody has enzymes and some of these enzymes either function fast normal or too slow. And I wouldn't call it a mutation, more like a copying error in your genetic makeup passed on from your mother and father and so on for 1000 of years.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I've been taking Thorne to a day multivitamin for quite some time. You would think if you're deficient in things you would notice changes.

So here is my new multivitamin stack based on my genetic makeup. It's quite different from the two a day Thorne multivitamin. It has ones that you wouldn't think would be in there like betaine , vanadium, phosphatylserine and NAC
Screenshot_20230919-105650.png

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I'm looking into getting an intracellular blood test. Test will look it over a hundred different vitamins and minerals and amino acids inside the cell.

In the meantime I will wait to see my results here in the next blood test;
most important ones to get checked are a complete thyroid panel since I am on armor thyroid, full iron panel with copper blood test(ceruloplasmin) since I have elevated ferritin levels. Magnesium blood test, total testosterone, free testosterone and the percentage of unbound testosterone since I'm on trt. I need to get my estrogen levels check since I'm taking exemestane ( estrone, estradiol blood test).

also,
Copper
Serum Ceruloplasmin
US Units: ~30 mg/dL
SI Units: ~0.3 g/L
A marker of “bio-available” copper, which regulates iron.
Serum Copper
US Units: ~100 ug/dL
SI Units: ~15.7 umol/L
Measures the total amount of copper in your blood

These are the labs that I'm going to get done for my next appointment. October 4th

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Well got labs back. Some dramatic changes!
TSH CRAZY DROP

TSH Was 7 now it's 1.18.

Testosterone was 300, now it's 791
Free was 5.3, now it's 18.91
Estradiol was 42 now it's 25
Cholesterol dropped from 246 to 218
T3 went up from 3.3 to 3.5
T4 dropped from 1.1 to .96

Insulin 16.20
A1C 5.4%

Ferritin come down some. 440 to 418
Copper 103 ug/dl
Ceruplasum 22.4 mg/dl
Magnesium RBC is 5.2 mg/dl. Not sure if this is good or bad.
Over all significant changes
Doctor visit tomorrow to go over things

Thoughts?

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

So I wanted to comment again about estrogen issues. I still feel like I'm having bloating, weight gain around the midsection and the back fat. Fat under my triceps and fat between my thighs where guys should not carry it. My estradiol came down but I still feel like I have lots of estrogen.

I know many threads on this forum have talked about using androsterone and DHEA to help. I think higher doses of androsterone may help me a lot more.

One thing I also forgot to mention was that my total t4 pool is lower than it should be. The doctor wanted to give me a higher dose of armor thyroid but he said he wasn't sure yet and wanted to wait a little longer. I didn't like that idea but I didn't have a choice.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I have noticed that my libido has increased quite a bit but I still feel like I'm suffering from a lot of estrogen problems

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Is there an actual lab test where you can get your androsterone checked or is tissue sample the best way of determining overall hormones

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

It seems like ideal Labs is the only place I can get androsterone that I know is going to be pure. Does anybody know where else you can get it?

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

The price is high and I know it's because the material has to come from somewhere. It would only last like 12 days if I was to take 20 mg a day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals