Possible help with interpretation

unsubscribed

Hi all,

Been battling away for about 18 months with a few things. Previously I never really had any issues. Up until the c0Vid narrative anyway. Stress knocked me on my ****. I'm a lean 80kg male and I lost 15kg. Dead man walking. My cortisol was super high all day and only came within range as I was to go to 'sleep'. I was wired but exhausted. I was weak and in a desperate dark place. Anxiety, sleep issues, I could not handle the smallest of stresses etc. I went Carnivore for about 4 months then started to incorporate Milk, dairy products etc. I've been drinking plenty of Pineapple Juice (can't quite handle OJ at the minute), eating fruits and am back to my 80kg healthy frame. I feel pretty good but I have some questions and would appreciate some help interpreting some numbers?

These are my Thyroid Test Results. Low TSH, within range T4, Low T3, Low Antibodies.

TSH 0.60 mIU/L (SCALE 0.5 - 4)​

FT4 14 pmol/L (SCALE 10-20)​

FT3 3.3 pmol/L (SCALE 2.8 - 6.8)​

TPOAb 30 U/mL​

TGAb < 10 U/mL​

Thank you kindly,

Kurt

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you have cold hands and feet? What are your temps and pulse?
Have you tested for cortisol as well?
0.6 TSH is good, but it's most likely suppressed by cortisol, since your fT3 is also low. You can always look at total T3 to see total T3 production. Estrogen can upregulate thyroid binding protein, thus reducing fT3.

OP
unsubscribed

unsubscribed

Do you have cold hands and feet? What are your temps and pulse?
Have you tested for cortisol as well?
0.6 TSH is good, but it's most likely suppressed by cortisol, since your fT3 is also low. You can always look at total T3 to see total T3 production. Estrogen can upregulate thyroid binding protein, thus reducing fT3.
Thanks Hans, I've been listening to your podcast - very very good stuff :)

I've had cold feet and hands for at least the last 5 years. My morning temps sit between 36 and 36.5 degrees Celsius. Midday temps get up around the 36.8 mark.
Pulse is around the 65 - 70 bpm consistently through out the day.

Breakfast upon rising: Overnight Oats/A2 Milk/Organic Greek Yoghurt/Maple Syrup
Next meal - Fatty Steak
Lunch - White Rice/Ghee/Kangaroo
Dinner - Fatty Steak

I drink juice with coconut water throughout the day.

Currently taking Tyromix (2 drops in the morning/2 drops at night), cyproheptadine, progesterone/Dhea.

I had my cortisol checked at around the same time I did thyroid. Very high.

Cortisol Daily Total 100.4 nmol/L (Scale 11 - 76)​

Cortisol Morning 52.7 nmol/L (Scale 6 - 42)​

Cortisol Midday 25.6 nmol/L (Scale 2 - 11)​

Cortisol Afternoon 15.3 nmol/L (Scale 2 - 11)​

Cortisol Evening 6.8 nmol/L (Scale 1 - 8)​

DHEA-S 6.4 nmol/L (Scale 5 - 30)​

DHEA-S/Cortisol Ratio 0.12 (Scale 0.2 - 0.6)​

1626985901617.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans, I've been listening to your podcast - very very good stuff :)

I've had cold feet and hands for at least the last 5 years. My morning temps sit between 36 and 36.5 degrees Celsius. Midday temps get up around the 36.8 mark.
Pulse is around the 65 - 70 bpm consistently through out the day.

Breakfast upon rising: Overnight Oats/A2 Milk/Organic Greek Yoghurt/Maple Syrup
Next meal - Fatty Steak
Lunch - White Rice/Ghee/Kangaroo
Dinner - Fatty Steak

I drink juice with coconut water throughout the day.

Currently taking Tyromix (2 drops in the morning/2 drops at night), cyproheptadine, progesterone/Dhea.

I had my cortisol checked at around the same time I did thyroid. Very high.

Cortisol Daily Total 100.4 nmol/L (Scale 11 - 76)​

Cortisol Morning 52.7 nmol/L (Scale 6 - 42)​

Cortisol Midday 25.6 nmol/L (Scale 2 - 11)​

Cortisol Afternoon 15.3 nmol/L (Scale 2 - 11)​

Cortisol Evening 6.8 nmol/L (Scale 1 - 8)​

DHEA-S 6.4 nmol/L (Scale 5 - 30)​

DHEA-S/Cortisol Ratio 0.12 (Scale 0.2 - 0.6)​

View attachment 25706
Thanks man, appreciate you spending the time listening. :)

I'd highly recommend you get off of low carb ASAP. Carbs will help to lower cortisol, restore thyroid function and increase body temps. If you're under stress, T4 will convert to rT3, which will block the effects of T3. So even if you supplement thyroid, it will most likely not do much to help with your symptoms.
I'd try to add at least some whole fruit or 1-2 cups of fruit juice with each protein meal.
Also 1-2 cups of milk with honey/maple syrup between meals is a good way to up calories and carbs.

OP
unsubscribed

unsubscribed

Legend thanks Hans.

If I simply add whole fruit/fruit juice with a Ribeye steak that should better balance the carbs/fat/protein per meal yeah?
Even if I smash 2 steak meals a day?
Plus the milk/maple syrup between meals to up calories/carbs too.

My digestion does so much better with the meat but I'll up my carb intake for sure :)

I'm doing a lot better now than I was when these tests were taken but I kind of got lost in the weeds a bit there!

Thanks so much again Hans.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Legend thanks Hans.

If I simply add whole fruit/fruit juice with a Ribeye steak that should better balance the carbs/fat/protein per meal yeah?
Even if I smash 2 steak meals a day?
Plus the milk/maple syrup between meals to up calories/carbs too.

My digestion does so much better with the meat but I'll up my carb intake for sure :)

I'm doing a lot better now than I was when these tests were taken but I kind of got lost in the weeds a bit there!

Thanks so much again Hans.
Yeah the 1 cup per meat meal recommendation is only as a minimum. You can always go higher. Typically, people do better with a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein as they recover, but can drop to 1:1 ratio if someone is in good health. But higher carb intake usually makes people feel better overall.

Sefton10

If you're under stress, T4 will convert to rT3, which will block the effects of T3. So even if you supplement thyroid, it will most likely not do much to help with your symptoms.
In this scenario, could small doses of T3 only help, Hans?

Hans

Forum Supporter
In this scenario, could small doses of T3 only help, Hans?
For sure. You'll have to play around with how much you need and how frequently. Something like 5-10mcg T3 every 3-4 hours. Some people might need bigger doses, but you'll have to see for yourself.

After rT3 has dropped to normal, then a mix can be used again so that you can dose less frequently.

jomamma007

For sure. You'll have to play around with how much you need and how frequently. Something like 5-10mcg T3 every 3-4 hours. Some people might need bigger doses, but you'll have to see for yourself.

After rT3 has dropped to normal, then a mix can be used again so that you can dose less frequently.
Apart from using T3 to hopefully drop rT3, what else can be done? Saying it’s high due to stress is tough as we live in a un supportive environment and besides diet and supplementation I’m not sure if I see many options. It seems those “diagnosed” with Chronic fatigue syndrome often have high Rt3… I’ve heard of people actually dropping it with cynoplus, despite everyone thinking t4 will automatically cause an increase in rt3. Perhaps the t3 in cyno is enough to lower stress to increase the conversion of t4 to t3?

also what is normal for rt3? Bottom 1/3rd of the typical range?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Apart from using T3 to hopefully drop rT3, what else can be done? Saying it’s high due to stress is tough as we live in a un supportive environment and besides diet and supplementation I’m not sure if I see many options. It seems those “diagnosed” with Chronic fatigue syndrome often have high Rt3… I’ve heard of people actually dropping it with cynoplus, despite everyone thinking t4 will automatically cause an increase in rt3. Perhaps the t3 in cyno is enough to lower stress to increase the conversion of t4 to t3?

also what is normal for rt3? Bottom 1/3rd of the typical range?
Engineering lifestyle in a way to minimize stress as much as possible. Also supporting the metabolism with anti-stress nutrients. A few supplements to reduce stress can help. But other than that, not a lot of things can lower rT3, given that it's increased by stress.
It's best to have rT3 close to the bottom of the range, but it's more so the T3 to rT3 ratio.

jomamma007

Engineering lifestyle in a way to minimize stress as much as possible. Also supporting the metabolism with anti-stress nutrients. A few supplements to reduce stress can help. But other than that, not a lot of things can lower rT3, given that it's increased by stress.
It's best to have rT3 close to the bottom of the range, but it's more so the T3 to rT3 ratio.
I've heard a 20:1 ratio thrown around, but that would literally be T3 at the very top of the range and Rt3 at the bottom, which for most would be impossible.