Is there any possibility that high prolactin in blood mean low estrogen in tissues?

tastyfood

There are arguments that explain that certain estrogenic high values in blood would mean low levels in tissues: Estradiol and estrone are two that come to mind.

Is there any possibility that a high result for prolactin in blood means low estrogen in tissues, or is high prolactin ALWAYS related to high levels of estrogen in the body?

I am asking this question assuming that thyroid, total cholesterol, vitamin D and PTH results are good.

Thank you!

Blue Water

There are arguments that explain that certain estrogenic high values in blood would mean low levels in tissues: Estradiol and estrone are two that come to mind.

Is there any possibility that a high result for prolactin in blood means low estrogen in tissues, or is high prolactin ALWAYS related to high levels of estrogen in the body?

I am asking this question assuming that thyroid, total cholesterol, vitamin D and PTH results are good.

Thank you!
In my case, I believe I have estrogen insensitivity, so high blood estrogen and low tissue estrogen. I believe it has caused copper deficiency issues. My prolactin is high. I am no expert but it does seem plausible to me. It seems very complicated. What is the first cause? How do we treat high prolactin?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

In my case, I believe I have estrogen insensitivity, so high blood estrogen and low tissue estrogen. I believe it has caused copper deficiency issues. My prolactin is high. I am no expert but it does seem plausible to me. It seems very complicated. What is the first cause? How do we treat high prolactin?

I'm still trying to figure out why my prolactin is high. My latest suspicion is high levels of aluminum which my Idealabs nail test showed. Thanks for the comment.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Mine was like 17.8 on a range where the top of the range was 17. Also this was not even super early in the morning so prolactin should have been able to decrease by then.

I've tested it mostly upon waking up, and a few times later in the day. I recently learned that prolactin peaks around 4am, so in theory it shouldn't be too high upon waking up.

I had a 6.2 result at 11AM two years ago. It makes you wonder why it was that low once, and since then, for the last two years, I have always had 14+.

7 years ago, when my health hit rock bottom and I was doing stupid diets like Paleo, I had a 7 (unknown testing time). Prolactin in blood works in mysterious ways, and I'm so looking forward to Idealabs testing it in hair and nails.