Estrogen issues

youngsinatra

Well here is the plan for six weeks from doc. Start 1/2 grain armor thyroid, 12mg exmastane twice a week and testosterone cipinate 30mg twice a week and see if we can get things two start leaving out.
Very reasonable in terms of dosing, you seem to have a great doctor, rare to find these days!

Interesting to see that you have robust FSH and LH with low testosterone. I personally would try thyroid and the low dose AI before a trial TRT, but that’s just my take.

Working on drastically reducing dietary iron intake (no red meat - no fortified foods) and donating blood every 2 months would probably improve the testicular health.

I know that TRT greatly reduces hepcidin, which increases iron absorption, raises hemoglobin etc.

Last edited:
OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Very reasonable in terms of dosing, you seem to have a great doctor, rare to find these days!

Interesting to see that you have robust FSH and LH with low testosterone. I personally would try thyroid and the low dose AI before a trial TRT, but that’s just my take.

Working on drastically reducing dietary iron intake (no red meat - no fortified foods) and donating blood every 2 months would probably improve the testicular health.

I know that TRT greatly reduces hepcidin, which increases iron absorption, raises hemoglobin etc.
Yes I thought he was much better than the last one. And it is very rare.

He thought the same thing about my FSH and LH.

This is the first doctor that agreed that my TSH was way too high. He's the first one that agreed it should below 1. Most doctors think anything between 3-5 and you're still okay. He was the first doctor that understood that my pituitary is screaming at my thyroid to make more hormones.

This was the first doctor that thought maybe my vitamin D was a little too low for me. Some people might be okay at 50. He said I might be better off being in the 70s.

He told me the AI should help a lot. He said not everyone but some people and some men are just very sensitive to estrogen. I might just be that person.

I wasn't crazy about the trt but he said let's just try it for a few weeks and see if we can't get your other hormones to level out and get your testosterone to come up a little bit. If things get better we can just keep you on thyroid and an aromatase inhibitor. That's kind of his plan.

He also said in 6 weeks that he's going to do a full iron panel. In the meantime I'll keep giving blood and keep an eye on iron containing foods.

I will keep everyone posted

youngsinatra

Yes I thought he was much better than the last one. And it is very rare.

He thought the same thing about my FSH and LH.

This is the first doctor that agreed that my TSH was way too high. He's the first one that agreed it should below 1. Most doctors think anything between 3-5 and you're still okay. He was the first doctor that understood that my pituitary is screaming at my thyroid to make more hormones.

This was the first doctor that thought maybe my vitamin D was a little too low for me. Some people might be okay at 50. He said I might be better off being in the 70s.

He told me the AI should help a lot. He said not everyone but some people and some men are just very sensitive to estrogen. I might just be that person.

I wasn't crazy about the trt but he said let's just try it for a few weeks and see if we can't get your other hormones to level out and get your testosterone to come up a little bit. If things get better we can just keep you on thyroid and an aromatase inhibitor. That's kind of his plan.

He also said in 6 weeks that he's going to do a full iron panel. In the meantime I'll keep giving blood and keep an eye on iron containing foods.

I will keep everyone posted
Sounds like a very knowledgeable doc. Good for you brother!!

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Well I finally got my reverse t3 back. It's not that high 10.3 ng/dl. At least I don't think it is. I could be wrong. That's a good thing I think

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I just think that my thyroid is not nearly making close to enough hormones for my body. This is why my TSH is so high. My pituitary is just screaming at my thyroid to make more. Just like Ray Pete says, it's very difficult with food alone to keep the metabolic rate up. Everybody benefits from thyroid supplementation. I definitely think half grain is not even close enough what I need.

youngsinatra

I just think that my thyroid is not nearly making close to enough hormones for my body. This is why my TSH is so high. My pituitary is just screaming at my thyroid to make more. Just like Ray Pete says, it's very difficult with food alone to keep the metabolic rate up. Everybody benefits from thyroid supplementation. I definitely think half grain is not even close enough what I need.
Half a grain is a good start nonetheless!

Ray recommended half a grain to start with and then adding half a grain every 2 weeks until body temperature, pulse issues and symptoms resolve.

Your doc will help with blood work and increasing your dose until you find your sweet spot.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Half a grain is a good start nonetheless!

Ray recommended half a grain to start with and then adding half a grain every 2 weeks until body temperature, pulse issues and symptoms resolve.

Your doc will help with blood work and increasing your dose until you find your sweet spot.
I sent a message to my doctor telling him that I will record my waking temperature and pulse rate see if things are changing. Currently my waking temperature is 96.3 pulse rate 72

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I just read that article. This is some good stuff. I didn't know a lot about thyroid and now I'm starting to get very knowledgeable. Things are starting to make way more sense. Thanks

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Hello all, here is an update, still no changes in weight or body temperature. Woke up this morning around 3 super tired. Currently taking 30mg of armor thyroid, 12.5 exemestane twice a week and 30 mg of testosterone cipinate twice a week.

Here is waking body temperature, pulse and blood pressure for the last ten days.
IMG_20230814_051542997.jpg

I just sent this to my doctor this morning. I told him that I need to increase thyroid dose. I have cut calories too but weight is now 270 lds. 😔 My metabolism is so so slow. Something also was very interesting this morning. After I woke and did all my body checks, I had some raw honey and a can of tuna fish. After 30 minutes I checked my armpit temperature, it had dropped to 95.6 meaning I was on stress hormones. Feel very tired and crappy this morning. Home things change in the months to come.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Well just an update, I'm not sure what is going on but I have been feeling really tired every day and feel like I'm not sleeping well. I've feeling pretty bad fatigue last two days. Really needing a nap badly. I wonder if my stress hormones are dropping causing me such fatigue?

I've been trying to eat plenty of protein and getting plenty of carbs. Drinking lots of fat free milk and orange juice.
Any thoughts would be helpful

youngsinatra

How much thyroid are you taking at the moment?

Thyroid definitely can cause this, as it lowers stress hormones big time. Some get low cortisol symptoms from thyroid. Some pregnenolone can make the adaptation phase easier for some.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

How much thyroid are you taking at the moment?

Thyroid definitely can cause this, as it lowers stress hormones big time. Some get low cortisol symptoms from thyroid. Some pregnenolone can make the adaptation phase easier for some.
I don't know what's different today but I have had energy all day long and haven't felt sleepy one bit and I'm still going. I haven't done anything different. I had a bunch of shrimp today, fat free milk, orange juice and a bunch of other things. It's just so weird!! I just received Cyproheptadine from ideal Labs today. I've been reading about this substance on this form a lot. In my gene report I have one of the dreaded serotonin receptors.
SNP: HTR3B A386C rs1176744 (+/+, CC) fast
This CC variant causes a 7X increase in single-channel mean
open time compared with wild type in vitro. This
represents a significant increase in receptor signaling to
serotonin. This increased affinity for serotonin may
increase the risk for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy as
well as nervousness. C allele is also associated with alcohol

dependency.

Ray peat and haduit have tons of articles on
serotonin.
Anyways like I said I started taking this supplement. I've taken 4 mg today and haven't felt tired one bit. Many people say that 1 mg makes them feel like a zombie. I have not felt that yet. Maybe it's helping I don't know or it could just be a placebo effect.

youngsinatra

How’s your temperature and pulse going?

Half a grain might be insufficient for you, but you are likely waiting for a retest of labs with your doc right?

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

How’s your temperature and pulse going?

Half a grain might be insufficient for you, but you are likely waiting for a retest of labs with your doc right?
Oh I think it's definitely not enough. But I don't get retested till October 4th.
My pulse and body temperature haven't changed much. Waking pulse is usually around 60bpm plus or minus maybe five points. Body temperature is still around 96.2f give or take a few points. Taken under the armpit.

Weird thing is even after being up for about 2 hours and having a really strong cup of coffee, I checked my pulse rate and oxygen with a with a pulse oximeter 98% oxygen, 59bpm pulse sitting on the couch drinking my coffee. I would think it would be much higher than that.

I'm going to have two more lab markers check also. I'm going to get my B12 in my zinc levels checked. Now I know blood serum levels on these can be a little bit not representative but it might show something.

youngsinatra

Oh I think it's definitely not enough. But I don't get retested till October 4th.
My pulse and body temperature haven't changed much. Waking pulse is usually around 60bpm plus or minus maybe five points. Body temperature is still around 96.2f give or take a few points. Taken under the armpit.

Weird thing is even after being up for about 2 hours and having a really strong cup of coffee, I checked my pulse rate and oxygen with a with a pulse oximeter 98% oxygen, 59bpm pulse sitting on the couch drinking my coffee. I would think it would be much higher than that.

I'm going to have two more lab markers check also. I'm going to get my B12 in my zinc levels checked. Now I know blood serum levels on these can be a little bit not representative but it might show something.
Oh wow, thats a long time until the next thyroid lab! That sucks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals