Estrogen issues

Gorillaquills

I need some help with my rats labs. I've been using ideal Labs supplements for quite some time and nothing seems to be working. I just recently did several blood tests markers. I checked my prolactin which seem to be low. It was in the 7 range. I did an estradiol test which was at the very top range of the scale almost ready to leave the scale. My estradiol was 42. I did an Estrone blood test which came back low according to the current scale. Estrone blood levels were 54. The scale is between 0 and 174. I know they use prolactin as a good way of measuring total estrogen load. But it's low so I'm confused. One thing that does concern me is my TSH is in the 7. My t4 is almost in the top 50% but my t3 is in the lower 25%. I was surprised that my DHEA levels were in the middle of the scale 233ug/dl.

I just did another blood test for pregnenolone, progesterone, DHT and reverse t3. I wonder if I should check my LH hormone?
I definitely have the pear-shaped body of a 45-year-old man that has low testosterone. Haircut talks about the body shape a lot as we get older. Usually indicates a cortisol or estrogen problem. I have difficulty getting rid of love handles and belly fat. I have a lot of difficulty building muscle and gaining strength. Strength is a big one that I can't seem to get.
It's very frustrating to figure out what's going on with my rat. I've tried all sorts of diets, did genetic testing and even tried fasting. I did lose a substantial amount of weight fasting than I read it back really quick just like haduit has mentioned in many of his threads. And in fact I looked sick not healthy when I lost all that weight. Any helpful advice would be very welcomed.

youngsinatra

I need some help with my rats labs. I've been using ideal Labs supplements for quite some time and nothing seems to be working. I just recently did several blood tests markers. I checked my prolactin which seem to be low. It was in the 7 range. I did an estradiol test which was at the very top range of the scale almost ready to leave the scale. My estradiol was 42. I did an Estrone blood test which came back low according to the current scale. Estrone blood levels were 54. The scale is between 0 and 174. I know they use prolactin as a good way of measuring total estrogen load. But it's low so I'm confused. One thing that does concern me is my TSH is in the 7. My t4 is almost in the top 50% but my t3 is in the lower 25%. I was surprised that my DHEA levels were in the middle of the scale 233ug/dl.

I just did another blood test for pregnenolone, progesterone, DHT and reverse t3. I wonder if I should check my LH hormone?
I definitely have the pear-shaped body of a 45-year-old man that has low testosterone. Haircut talks about the body shape a lot as we get older. Usually indicates a cortisol or estrogen problem. I have difficulty getting rid of love handles and belly fat. I have a lot of difficulty building muscle and gaining strength. Strength is a big one that I can't seem to get.
It's very frustrating to figure out what's going on with my rat. I've tried all sorts of diets, did genetic testing and even tried fasting. I did lose a substantial amount of weight fasting than I read it back really quick just like haduit has mentioned in many of his threads. And in fact I looked sick not healthy when I lost all that weight. Any helpful advice would be very welcomed.
At that level of TSH I would definitely investigate thyroid supplementation.

High TSH with „in the normal range“ fT4 and fT3 is called subclinical hypothyroidism. Do you have hypo symptoms?

Would be nice to see where your reverse T3 is at, when you get your results back.

Hypothyroidism impairs the detoxification of estrogen through the liver.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

At that level of TSH I would definitely investigate thyroid supplementation.

High TSH with „in the normal range“ fT4 and fT3 is called subclinical hypothyroidism. Do you have hypo symptoms?

Would be nice to see where your reverse T3 is at, when you get your results back.

Hypothyroidism impairs the detoxification of estrogen through the liver.
Yes I have very hard time losing weight and getting my testosterone to go up, but I don't have classic symptoms like cold hands and feet. But I have always been suspicious of my slow heart rate. It used to be around 55 now more like 65.
What also make me really wonder about being hypo is that my cholesterol is 246, triglycerides are definitely elevated 168mg/do and LDL is 149mg/dl.

Actual labs
TSH 7.14 ulU/ml
Free T3 3.3 pg/ml
Free T4 1.10 ng/dl

I tried taking supplements like selenium and iodine to help but never seemed to work or I really didn't notice a change.

Also when I check my armpit temperature in the morning it's always around 96f or sometimes 95f which is very concerning.

I've always wondered if I was hypothyroidism for a long time. I know Ray Pete says that taken thyroid can really help. I have just recently started taking ideal Labs tyromix. I wonder if I should be taking the tyroMax instead and work my way up to two grains a day.

I've had this problem for over a decade if not longer. My genetic testing also told me that I am predisposed to have a higher TSH but again with genetic testing you have to take it with a grain of salt.

youngsinatra

Yes I have very hard time losing weight and getting my testosterone to go up, but I don't have classic symptoms like cold hands and feet. But I have always been suspicious of my slow heart rate. It used to be around 55 now more like 65.
What also make me really wonder about being hypo is that my cholesterol is 246, triglycerides are definitely elevated 168mg/do and LDL is 149mg/dl.

Actual labs
TSH 7.14 ulU/ml
Free T3 3.3 pg/ml
Free T4 1.10 ng/dl

I tried taking supplements like selenium and iodine to help but never seemed to work or I really didn't notice a change.

Also when I check my armpit temperature in the morning it's always around 96f or sometimes 95f which is very concerning.

I've always wondered if I was hypothyroidism for a long time. I know Ray Pete says that taken thyroid can really help. I have just recently started taking ideal Labs tyromix. I wonder if I should be taking the tyroMax instead and work my way up to two grains a day.

I've had this problem for over a decade if not longer. My genetic testing also told me that I am predisposed to have a higher TSH but again with genetic testing you have to take it with a grain of salt.
Yeah, iodine and selenium never made my hypothyroid symptoms better, actually made them worse and I never lower body temperature than when I took iodine.
It took me a very long time until I started thyroid.

TyroMix or Max is a good one. How much do you take?

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Yeah, iodine and selenium never made my hypothyroid symptoms better, actually made them worse and I never lower body temperature than when I took iodine.

I agree about iodine and selenium. I felt Mostly nothing. So I currently am taking tyromix from ideal Labs. 4 drops 3 times daily. So getting roughly 36mcg of t3 daily. I don't think it is working just do to temps and heart rate. Not sure though. Been using it consistently for about two half months. May need to switch

youngsinatra

I agree about iodine and selenium. I felt Mostly nothing. So I currently am taking tyromix from ideal Labs. 4 drops 3 times daily. So getting roughly 36mcg of t3 daily. I don't think it is working just do to temps and heart rate. Not sure though. Been using it consistently for about two half months. May need to switch
Yeah maybe. I never experimented with idealabs thyroid (the customs ceased my package) but I had heard so-so experiences (some very good, others felt literally nothing) with TyroMix. Most people I chatted with said that TyroMax is very strong in terms of potency.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

One thing that I have really noticed is that at my age of 45 as a male rat, I have noticed that I have been getting a lot more body hair. I've really noticed it.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Yeah maybe. I never experimented with idealabs thyroid (the customs ceased my package) but I had heard so-so experiences (some very good, others felt literally nothing) with TyroMix. Most people I chatted with said that TyroMax is very strong in terms of potency.
I think once I finish this tyromix I will switch to tyromax

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I have had a lot of other makers checked on my rat as well.
I've been told that my blood glucose is high. Even when fasting it's always in the range 103 -115.
Always.
I do have high ferritin which I try to keep down giving blood occasionally.
My blood sodium is always at the top range also 140 meg/l
My chloride is always high to.
I have problems with blood pressure too. I hang around 140/90
Have great vitamin d status 52 ng/dl
Shbg is good to I believe 27.5 nmoL/l
I have good carbon dioxide 32 meq/l

I think my issues are just like you said an what I have suspected for years. I have a thyroid problem. Something Ray peat has talked about extensively

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I also don't like seeing my rats albumin levels at 5.1g/dl and definitely don't like seeing liver enzymes ALT at 71u/l

Something is causing stress of some sort.

mostlylurking

One thing that does concern me is my TSH is in the 7. My t4 is almost in the top 50% but my t3 is in the lower 25%.
These test results point to hypothyroidism. I'm hypothyroid and in the U.S. I got to an aged (86+) endocrinologist who put me on prescription Acella NP Thyroid which is a desiccated thyroid product that works very well. Excellent product.

The thyroid needs thiamine to work properly. Every cell in your body needs thiamine to work properly. Because both thyroid hormone (T3) and thiamine are both needed for oxidative metabolism, a thiamine deficiency and hypothyroidism have some identical symptoms.
Suggestions:
Thiamine (B1) and also magnesium. I take thiamine hcl and magnesium glycinate.

"Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Testosterone
Crucial to the neurological system, insufficient B1 may cause long term cognitive damage. In the short term, it can have grave impacts on nerve damage, fatigue, irritability, muscle weakness, focus and short term memory impairment.

Because vitamin B1 may affect muscle mass, it can also play a role in testosterone."

The liver needs thiamine to function and be healthy. If your liver isn't functioning well your body won't be able to detoxify estrogen.

Magnesium lowers cortisol.
"Cortisol: Magnesium indirectly reduces the release of ACTH by modulating the neurotransmission pathways, and therefore decreases cortisol levels in the body [42]"

LLight

Hi,

You could try supplementing selenium and inositol, which is thought to be helpful regarding thyroid (especially Hashimotos, and also PCOS which in its male version could looks like what you have). You could also try to limit your fluid intake to optimize your thyroid and TSH.

Last edited:
OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I have another doctors appointment in August for lab follow up. Every time I tell him I think I have a thyroid problem they say no your levels are good. They just want to put me on trt which I did once and I didn't like it. I felt like my libido came back for the first week or two and then things just went downhill. I sent stop taking that after a month.
These test results point to hypothyroidism. I'm hypothyroid and in the U.S. I got to an aged (86+) endocrinologist who put me on prescription Acella NP Thyroid which is a desiccated thyroid product that works very well. Excellent product.

The thyroid needs thiamine to work properly. Every cell in your body needs thiamine to work properly. Because both thyroid hormone (T3) and thiamine are both needed for oxidative metabolism, a thiamine deficiency and hypothyroidism have some identical symptoms.

Suggestions:

Crucial to the neurological system, insufficient B1 may cause long term cognitive damage. In the short term, it can have grave impacts on nerve damage, fatigue, irritability, muscle weakness, focus and short term memory impairment.

Because vitamin B1 may affect muscle mass, it can also play a role in testosterone."

The liver needs thiamine to function and be healthy. If your liver isn't functioning well your body won't be able to detoxify estrogen.

"Cortisol: Magnesium indirectly reduces the release of ACTH by modulating the neurotransmission pathways, and therefore decreases cortisol levels in the body [42]"
That is so funny you mentioned thiamine. I have done lots of research on this b vitamin that doesn't get enough attention. I have done a lot of reading on a guy named Elliot Overton. He's knows a tone about this b vitamin. And one of the for most experts Dr Chandler marrs hormones matter on thiamine deficiency. My rat was taking a product for some time called thiamax from objective nutrients. Haven't in a while though. Probably should though.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Thiamax-V3-Front-Large-1.jpg

Suggestions:

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Hi,

You could try supplementing selenium and inositol, which is thought to be helpful regarding thyroid (especially Hasimotos, and also PCOS which in its male version could looks like what you have). You could also try to limit your fluid intake to optimize your thyroid and TSH.
I've been taking this supplement every night before I go to bed for almost three weeks now. Not sure if anything is working. Need to do labs later.
Testro-X_v08_Flat_SFP_2000x2000_3357c984-4475-4d0c-93fe-906c089fd290_1000x.progressive.jpg
81tvPJi2-qL.jpg

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I have sleep apnea. Ray peat has mentioned that individuals that are using a sleep machine are hypothyroid and low in progesterone. Will see when I get rats labs back in the next few days

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I don't know if it's totally true, but ashwaganhda can elevate serotonin. So I've read. So taking this supplement testro x might be good might not be. Things effect everyone differently

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals