Estrogen issues

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I have started the carrot salad with coconut oil and some red wine vinegar just this past week. Trying to do it twice a day and see if that helps. I also started buying grass fed milk 0%fat. Lots of orange juice too. That may explain why my triglyceride are high, orange juice. Not sure though

LLight

I've been taking this supplement every night before I go to bed for almost three weeks now. Not sure if anything is working. Need to do labs later. View attachment 53375View attachment 53376
If I remember correctly, people were given 600mg a day in the studies so you are taking 1/3 of the inositol dose.
Regarding selenium it was about 80 microgrammes.
At least one of the studies lasted 6 months so effects might appear in the long term.

mostlylurking

I have another doctors appointment in August for lab follow up. Every time I tell him I think I have a thyroid problem they say no your levels are good. They just want to put me on trt which I did once and I didn't like it.
You probably need a different doctor. I've found that it can be helpful to ask local pharmacists for doctors' names that prescribe natural desiccated thyroid (NP Thyroid by Acella is very good). If the pharmacist knows of one, it would cut down on the search time. Most doctors are absolutely clueless about hypothyroidism, the testing, etc. Ray Peat's article on thyroid explains the problem:
That is so funny you mentioned thiamine. I have done lots of research on this b vitamin that doesn't get enough attention. I have done a lot of reading on a guy named Elliot Overton. He's knows a tone about this b vitamin. And one of the for most experts Dr Chandler marrs hormones matter on thiamine deficiency. My rat was taking a product for some time called thiamax from objective nutrients. Haven't in a while though. Probably should though.
My husband takes thiamax. I couldn't tolerate it so I take thiamine hcl. I'm familiar with Elliot Overton and Dr. Chandler Marrs. Dr. Lonsdale's articles about thiamine posted on Dr. Marrs' website are very good.

I also found Dr. Costantini's website and information very helpful.
this is a really good product with no fillers and magnesium added be you need magnesium for thiamine to work
I take a higher dose of magnesium; about 3/4 teaspoon of magnesium glycinate/day. According to the info at this link this equals to 400mg of pure magnesium. I've found this dosage to be very helpful. The high dose thiamine hcl that I take has massively improved my tolerance for magnesium.
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I have sleep apnea. Ray peat has mentioned that individuals that are using a sleep machine are hypothyroid and low in progesterone. Will see when I get rats labs back in the next few days
As I understand it, sleep apnea is caused by a deficiency in carbon dioxide. Poor oxidative metabolism results in low carbon dioxide because the end product is lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. Hypothyroidism causes this problem, but so does thiamine deficiency.

a video about thiamine and sleep apnea:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJajkK2PuMg

Last edited:
OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

If I remember correctly, people were given 600mg a day in the studies so you are taking 1/3 of the inositol dose.
Regarding selenium it was about 80 microgrammes.
At least one of the studies lasted 6 months so effects might appear in the long term.
Ok I will keep that in mind

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

1289_mainimage.png
I take this supplement daily also

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

I feel like I'm trying lots of important options to improve health. Inositol is a new one for me for sure. I will try on rat

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

There's something else I want to discuss. I don't know if any rats noticed this, but every time I eat spaghetti tacos or anything that seems to have tomatoes in it, I get really bloated. I mean bloated. I don't know if it's the tomatoes or if it's some certain spices but I'm really starting to notice it as I get older. Any thoughts?

mostlylurking

There's something else I want to discuss. I don't know if any rats noticed this, but every time I eat spaghetti tacos or anything that seems to have tomatoes in it, I get really bloated. I mean bloated. I don't know if it's the tomatoes or if it's some certain spices but I'm really starting to notice it as I get older. Any thoughts?
You may have a sensitivity to nightshade plants. I've had problems with nightshade plants for 10-15 years but I'm much better now, I think because my gut has healed, thanks to high dose thiamine and magnesium.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

You may have a sensitivity to nightshade plants. I've had problems with nightshade plants for 10-15 years but I'm much better now, I think because my gut has healed, thanks to high dose thiamine and magnesium.
Nightshade family. That's right, tomatoes are part of that family. Good point. I think that can overlooked at times. I will try that. See if that makes a difference. Thanks.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

What about inositol? I've been doing some reading on it but I'm not quite sure how it works in lowering TSH and possibly helping with your hypothyroidism. I know it's a sugar of some sort. I know some people take it to lose weight. I have read that not it activates the gaba receptors. Not sure if that's totally correct.

I'm wondering in that testro x product why glycine, l-theanine and inositol are in there. I wonder if they're stimulating the gaba receptors at night to help you relax and then trigger the LH hormone to be released. Don't know if any of that's correct. I think I'll do some more reading on that. If anybody has any other thoughts please feel free to add comments.

In the meantime I just bought 100 mg tablets of thiamine and 500 mg tablets of inositol. I will start monitoring how I feel on these supplements. I wonder if I should take them at night before I go to bed or in the morning?

mostlylurking

What about inositol?
Ray Peat on inositol vs niacinamide:

View: https://youtu.be/VgZ0NWITuXc?t=2928

Ray always specifically recommended niacinamide. I take 90mg, 4Xday. Here's a collection of Ray Peat quotes on niacinamide:
In the meantime I just bought 100 mg tablets of thiamine and 500 mg tablets of inositol. I will start monitoring how I feel on these supplements.
Which kind of thiamine? If it's TTFD,100mg is a hefty dose; if it's thiamine hcl, 100mg isn't enough to do much because it doesn't get through the intestinal wall efficiently.

It is very hard to determine what is doing what if you test out multiple things at the same time.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Ray Peat on inositol vs niacinamide:

View: https://youtu.be/VgZ0NWITuXc?t=2928

Ray always specifically recommended niacinamide. I take 90mg, 4Xday. Here's a collection of Ray Peat quotes on niacinamide:

Which kind of thiamine? If it's TTFD,100mg is a hefty dose; if it's thiamine hcl, 100mg isn't enough to do much because it doesn't get through the intestinal wall efficiently.

It is very hard to determine what is doing what if you test out multiple things at the same time.

Yes I totally agree
Taking multiple supplements makes it very difficult to tell what's working. I plan on just taking the thiamine HCL for a month and then retest a few markers and see if that works.

LLight

What about inositol? I've been doing some reading on it but I'm not quite sure how it works in lowering TSH and possibly helping with your hypothyroidism. I know it's a sugar of some sort. I know some people take it to lose weight. I have read that not it activates the gaba receptors. Not sure if that's totally correct.

I'm wondering in that testro x product why glycine, l-theanine and inositol are in there. I wonder if they're stimulating the gaba receptors at night to help you relax and then trigger the LH hormone to be released. Don't know if any of that's correct. I think I'll do some more reading on that. If anybody has any other thoughts please feel free to add comments.

In the meantime I just bought 100 mg tablets of thiamine and 500 mg tablets of inositol. I will start monitoring how I feel on these supplements. I wonder if I should take them at night before I go to bed or in the morning?
Here is an excerpt of the mechanisms:
fendo-12-662582-t001.jpg

Many clinical studies have shown that after treatment with Myo-Inositol plus Selenium (MYO+Se), TSH levels significantly decreased in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism with or without autoimmune thyroiditis. The TSH reduction was accompanied by a decline of antithyroid autoantibodies. Moreover, Myo-Inositol supplementation seemed to be involved also in the management of thyroidal benign nodules, with a possible effect in the size reduction. This review proposes a summary of the role of inositol, especially of Myo-Inositol, in the thyroidal physiology and its contribution on the management of some thyroid diseases.

Based on that, I doubt niacinamide could substitute inositol.

Note that some people have side effects when they take inositol but that's maybe not at this dose (some people take grams of it).

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

fendo-12-662582-t001.jpg

Note that some people have side effects when they take inositol but that's maybe not at this dose (some people take grams of it).
Wow! Thanks for all that information. That was a really good read.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

fendo-12-662582-t001.jpg

I have a whole new appreciation for inositol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals