Best lab tests for estrogen status

OP
M

mad539

Hey Mad539,

How are you doing now? Have you found any relief from the joint pain?

I'm dealing with joint pain now too, and my estradiol levels are about the same as yours (just got them tested as well). I think our levels are a bit low and I'm not sure If I buy the fact that estrogen is high in the tissues then, it doesn't really make sense that we would be experiencing the joint pain then right...
I'm still trying things out. I know now that extreme joint pain comes from thyroid: I'm on T3 replacement for around 4 months, and when i'm dosing T3 too low/too high (could not distinct these yet, maybe both), i get extreme joint paint, where i can't even walk without pain. If the dosing is right, i don't have pain. The mental issues don't change though, which are way worse than the joint pain.

I think it has something to do with "adrenal fatigue" and DHEA-S. When DHEA-S is low, which is common in adrenal fatigue, maybe not enough is converted to estrogen. But then is the question, why the convertion happens to testosterone (in my case, it was high, even with low DHEA-S). Maybe something with the aromatase enzyme?

I've even tried pure estrogen (1mg per day as estrofem) for 5 days: I debloated a lot and my skin felt smooth, but i got weak in the gym and my mental issues didn't change. Can't recommend.

DHEA as Pansterone makes me extremly sleepy even on a 1mg drop. My best bet is currently on the CT3M (circadian T3 method), which fixes cortisol and should hopefully DHEA-S, as the T3 stimulates ACTH, which should make the adrenals work.

How are your thyroid labs?

Julian

I'm still trying things out. I know now that extreme joint pain comes from thyroid: I'm on T3 replacement for around 4 months, and when i'm dosing T3 too low/too high (could not distinct these yet, maybe both), i get extreme joint paint, where i can't even walk without pain. If the dosing is right, i don't have pain. The mental issues don't change though, which are way worse than the joint pain.

I think it has something to do with "adrenal fatigue" and DHEA-S. When DHEA-S is low, which is common in adrenal fatigue, maybe not enough is converted to estrogen. But then is the question, why the convertion happens to testosterone (in my case, it was high, even with low DHEA-S). Maybe something with the aromatase enzyme?

I've even tried pure estrogen (1mg per day as estrofem) for 5 days: I debloated a lot and my skin felt smooth, but i got weak in the gym and my mental issues didn't change. Can't recommend.

DHEA as Pansterone makes me extremly sleepy even on a 1mg drop. My best bet is currently on the CT3M (circadian T3 method), which fixes cortisol and should hopefully DHEA-S, as the T3 stimulates ACTH, which should make the adrenals work.

How are your thyroid labs?

Hmm sucks bro.

I don't know my thyroid labs, but I'm pretty sure they are better than ever. Since I've been eating more 'Peaty' and added more carbs I almost never have cold hands and feet anymore. I'm pretty sure there is something else going on.

Have you seen this topic?

Estrogen Is Absolutely Critical For Men

It seems like we're not alone in this. Low estrogen can really f*ck up things.

Julian

Hmm I just found out my DHEA-S is very low as well.

Estrogen 18.52 pg/ml
Testosteron 326 ng/dL
Free Tesosterone 76.2 pg/mL
SHBG 25 nmol/l
Kreatinine 0.95 mg/dL
DHEA-S 0.88 mg/L

What could be the cause of this...

I did supplement around 3-6 mg of DHEA for a few weeks. Could it be that this lowered my own body's ability to synthesize DHEA-S?

Last edited:
OP
M

mad539

As far as i know, the DHEA-Sulfate is the storage version of DHEA, and this shouldn't be low. It seems we have the same issue, low DHEA-S, low estrogen.
Did you supplement while taking the lab test? Or how much time is in between?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals