Estrogen Dominance & Low Estrogen At Same Time?

Ilda

Hi, hoping to find some answers on this forum and thank you in advance for those who can help!

After using Peat's carrot salad, my estrogen dominance disappeared but my period is now very light. I assume it's low estrogen. Can we have estrogen dominance and low estrogen at the same time?

I am 40 years old; suffered from hypothyroidism and low progesterone.

freyasam

I don't think that a light period necessarily means low estrogen. But to answer your question, yes you can have low estrogen but still estrogen dominance.

schultz

By "low estrogen" do you mean low blood estrogen? You can have low blood estrogen but still be estrogen dominant by having high tissue estrogen.

Menopausal women tend towards estrogen dominance but can have lower blood estrogen than younger females so if you looked at a blood test you might think they need HRT.

Ray says...

"The concentration of a hormone in the blood doesn't directly represent the concentration in the various organs."

and...

"The amount of estrogen in tissue is decreased when progesterone is abundant. In the absence of progesterone, tissues retain estrogen even when there is little estrogen circulating in the blood."

So younger females with adequate progesterone will have lower tissue estrogen but possibly higher blood estrogen than an older female.

Great article by the way...
Tissue-bound estrogen in aging

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals