Environmental causes of vertigo? My brother's health is slowly deteriorating

CLASH

Seems likely to be EMF and/or Mold.

I've lived with both previously and no amount of supplements, dietary adjustments, etc were able to completely eliminate the negative effects. The effects were directly reflected in my labs as well.

Furthermore, my fiancee developed psoriasis while living under these circumstances that only resolved upon leaving.

Comstock

Many people have mentioned the mold, which is probably a culprit, but I would also consider the smell of gas. I think petroleum fumes can cause vertigo like symptoms. I once lived in an apartment where I could get a strong smell of gas in my room. Shortly after, I started having trouble driving, after having been an excellent driver. I moved out as soon as possible, but I still don't feel comfortable driving, even a couple years later.

I would convince them to take a short trip somewhere, maybe for a week or two. Make it a family vacation. If the vertigo symptoms go away or become less severe, it could convince them that there's something wrong with their apartment. This can be hard too, since hotels and vacations rentals can often have issues of their own, but I think getting away from the gas smell could make a big difference.

OP
U

ursidae

Update: I got quite sick in there. Fever got up to 38.5C. Recovered after spending several days away from their place.

Today my brother's head was scanned
No abnormalities in the brain, but his sinuses are full. Drainage will require surgery. He doesn't have the classical symptoms of sinusitis this time around. Instead of them he has the vertigo. I did point out that the two could be related, but my father is insistent that it has nothing to do with his sinusitis and the condition is idiopathic. He got quite angry about it and said I shouldn't bring up the possibility that his sinusitis plays a role. He plans for the sinus drainage to be done in 8-9 months from now.

It goes without saying that sinusitis is aggravated by mold. Especially in my family as we have allergies to dust, mites, pollen and mold.

Last edited:

HeyThere

Update: I got quite sick in there. Fever got up to 38.5C. Recovered after spending several days away from their place.

Today my brother's head was scanned
No abnormalities in the brain, but his sinuses are full. Drainage will require surgery. He doesn't have the classical symptoms of sinusitis this time around. Instead of them he has the vertigo. I did point out that the two could be related, but my father is insistent that it has nothing to do with his sinusitis and the condition is idiopathic. He got quite angry about it and said I shouldn't bring up the possibility that his sinusitis plays a role. He plans for the sinus drainage to be done in 8-9 months from now.

It goes without saying that sinusitis is aggravated by mold. Especially in my family as we have allergies to dust, mites, pollen and mold.

To say sinusitis or ANY sinus issues can't create vertigo is either idiocy or denial. Sorry to be so blunt.

Where do you live that you have to wait 8-9 months for such a needed surgery??

OP
U

ursidae

To say sinusitis or ANY sinus issues can't create vertigo is either idiocy or denial. Sorry to be so blunt.

Where do you live that you have to wait 8-9 months for such a needed surgery??
We don't have to wait 8-9 months, my father is being stubborn and saying the sinusitis isn't causing classical sinusitis symptoms therefore it's not the cause of the vertigo so surgery can be delayed until summer because his plugged up sinus is just an "asymptomatic inconvenience". My father is a renowned surgeon so this behaviour is not for a lack of medical knowledge. He behaves irrationally for some reason. And now Im forbidden from bringing up sinusitis or mold in our household.

OP
U

ursidae

Cant you talk only with your brother?
I tried. He's 19 years old, not in the medical field, doesn't understand my arguments, blindly trusts my father and is just brushing off all my concerns. I think Im done here. It was unfortunate to hear that his only wish for 2023 is to be healthy but if he's gonna mock everything I say, there's nothing I can do besides leave the air filter on

HighT

If he knows basic english you can be sending him articles and threads about mold on regular basis. Like once in a week. Even if he don't read them at least some will be clickbait enough. You could be consistent in trying to help, without emotions and not get tired of it.

HeyThere

We don't have to wait 8-9 months, my father is being stubborn and saying the sinusitis isn't causing classical sinusitis symptoms therefore it's not the cause of the vertigo so surgery can be delayed until summer because his plugged up sinus is just an "asymptomatic inconvenience". My father is a renowned surgeon so this behaviour is not for a lack of medical knowledge. He behaves irrationally for some reason. And now Im forbidden from bringing up sinusitis or mold in our household.

It is possible to have a sinus infection wayyy up in the sinus. My last one last year was this way and my nose wasn't plugged at all until one morning in the shower i felt the urge to blow my nose and 3 times in a row I had a big palmful of neon green snot. Everything broke loose in the hot shower that morning. Again, I was a little perplexed why I felt like a sinus infection but my nose was wide open. No head pain either, just a little pressure and feeling off and off balance. Sound familiar?

I use a neti pot machine, those are miracles. The machine is far better than the tilt ones. Add saline packet thing, add 1/2 tsp of Xylitol sugar, a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide and a drop of Grapefruit Seed Extract. You can even add 1 drop of baby shampoo as this breaks through biofilm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals