Bi-polar Brother Needs Bloodwork (and Work In General)

mrdannyg3

Guys, I have a brother, 38, who had a very tough last 5 years. Lots of stress, overworked, alcohol abuse, on a cocktail of medications (depakote, lexapro for sure, but I think 1-2 others). He has the classic bi-polar symptoms: fidgety, insomnia, racing thoughts, mania, def has had gut problems for years via diarrhea/constipation. Anyways, my family tries to help but they're sucked into the mainstream, authoritarian dogma and would gladly abide by any doctor's or psychiatrist's orders. I'm kinda sick of seeing him being pulled this and that way as I know I probably have a way better alternative for him. The only type of eating that has truly helped me is a Peat-inspired diet. I want to gradually shift him over, but in the meantime I think that lab tests are warranted. It will be interesting as I expect to see numbers way out of whack. Any bloodwork you guys would have done in particular given his diagnosis? I'm gonna do TSH, Vit D, Lipids, Prolactin, Phosphorus, Reverse T3 right now. Thanks!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Guys, I have a brother, 38, who had a very tough last 5 years. Lots of stress, overworked, alcohol abuse, on a cocktail of medications (depakote, lexapro for sure, but I think 1-2 others). He has the classic bi-polar symptoms: fidgety, insomnia, racing thoughts, mania, def has had gut problems for years via diarrhea/constipation. Anyways, my family tries to help but they're sucked into the mainstream, authoritarian dogma and would gladly abide by any doctor's or psychiatrist's orders. I'm kinda sick of seeing him being pulled this and that way as I know I probably have a way better alternative for him. The only type of eating that has truly helped me is a Peat-inspired diet. I want to gradually shift him over, but in the meantime I think that lab tests are warranted. It will be interesting as I expect to see numbers way out of whack. Any bloodwork you guys would have done in particular given his diagnosis? I'm gonna do TSH, Vit D, Lipids, Prolactin, Phosphorus, Reverse T3 right now. Thanks!
Add in noradrenaline, adrenaline, dopamine, cortisol and serotonin.
Fidgety, insomnia, racing thoughts and mania are caused by elevated glutamate, dopamine, noradrenaline and adrenaline and low GABA. Lithium, a cholinergic antagonist, a 5-HT2A antagonist, and a glutamate antagonist would work well.
Diarrhea is most often caused by CRF, which activates parasympathetic nervous system activity and mast cell degranulation is the colon area and this creates and releases serotonin, histamine and inflammatory mediators, which stimulate diarrhea.

OP
M

mrdannyg3

Add in noradrenaline, adrenaline, dopamine, cortisol and serotonin.
Fidgety, insomnia, racing thoughts and mania are caused by elevated glutamate, dopamine, noradrenaline and adrenaline and low GABA. Lithium, a cholinergic antagonist, a 5-HT2A antagonist, and a glutamate antagonist would work well.
Diarrhea is most often caused by CRF, which activates parasympathetic nervous system activity and mast cell degranulation is the colon area and this creates and releases serotonin, histamine and inflammatory mediators, which stimulate diarrhea.
Awesome, man

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom