Environmental causes of vertigo? My brother's health is slowly deteriorating

ursidae

My brother is suffering debilitating vertigo. He was bedridden for a while. Doctors found out he has BPPV and prescribed him piracetam and exercises. It didn't work. I don't normally live with my brother. But the two times I stayed over at his place this year, I got pretty bad vertigo... I think it's clear what's happening. It happens within days of staying at his place and never happens to me anywhere else. Really need convincing reasons to investigate this because my father who is a DOCTOR is (as always) in denial of the environmental side of disease and claims we need to get an exorcist to remove the bad energy from the flat 😒
I also get insomnia here and so does my brother. I need to figure this out because my father and brother are in poor health and it's damaged them the point that they're extremely passive. Just these past two years my brother got
-angina
-chronic sinusitis that required surgery to remove a cyst from his sinuses
-severe cystic acne
-insomnia
-broken bones
-IBS
-debilitating vertigo

my father gets sick all the time, is dependent on antihistamines, got a tooth abscess- his lymph node was very swollen, has histamine intolerance that caused dry red patches all over his face, is emotionally unstable. There might be more problems that he doesn't talk about because he is in denial

I really need to get my family to snap out of this... they're so drained of energy that it's made them indifferent. If I find the cause and present convincing evidence I might get them to realise this is slowly destroying them

As for the place
- there's mold in the bathroom and water damage severe enough that the downstairs neighbour was complaining the ceiling below the bathroom is soaked in water
-the place is extremely filthy. They don't clean because they're running low on energy. It's only cleaned when I come over twice a year and it takes me 6-7 days of cleaning to make a difference
-The area of the city is one of the most polluted
-whenever I enter the building I pick up the smell of gas

Last edited:

Immanency

My brother is suffering debilitating vertigo. He was bedridden for a while. Doctors found out he has BPPV and prescribed him piracetam and exercises. It didn't work. I don't normally live with my brother. But the two times I stayed over at his place this year, I got pretty bad vertigo... I think it's clear what's happening. It happens within days of staying at his place and never happens to me anywhere else. Really need convincing reasons to investigate this because my father who is a DOCTOR is (as always) in denial of the environmental side of disease and claims we need to get an exorcist to remove the bad energy from the flat 😒
I also get insomnia here and so does my brother. I need to figure this out because my father and brother are in poor health and it's damaged them the point that they're extremely passive. Just these past two years my brother got
-angina
-chronic sinusitis that required surgery to remove a cyst from his sinuses
-severe cystic acne
-insomnia
-broken bones
-IBS
-debilitating vertigo

my father gets sick all the time, is dependent on antihistamines, got a tooth abscess- his lymph node was very swollen, has histamine intolerance that caused dry red patches all over his face, is emotionally unstable. There might be more problems that he doesn't talk about because he is in denial

I really need to get my family to snap out of this... they're so drained of energy that it's made them indifferent. If I find the cause and present convincing evidence I might get them to realise this is slowly destroying them

As for the place
- there's mold in the bathroom and water damage severe enough that the downstairs neighbour was complaining his ceiling was soaked in water from our bathroom
-the place is extremely filthy. They don't clean because they're running low on energy. It's only cleaned when I come over twice a year and it takes me 6-7 days of cleaning to make a difference
-The area of the city is one of the most polluted
-whenever I enter the building I pick up the smell of gas
Hello,do your brother eat some of the "health"foods you ate/eat,such as sweet potato,coconut water,certains fruits?

Immanency

no
since the start of puberty. It got worse in the last 3 years.
most of the times i experienced acne,bone pain, insomnia,stomach/upper g. i. bloating,potentially whole g. i. symptoms, i experience most of them together,when i reached this state, i was less resilient to potential environnementals "stressors" such as perceivable/smellables chemicals in the air, wifi,potentially moldy places and some other stuffs

the times i experienced theses,eating liver from very healthy young lamb fixed all these symptoms,i suggest your brother eat some to see how it improve his state

did he ever took accutane or this kind of anti acne medications ?

youngsinatra

Mold is very neurotoxic and should not be underestimated. You cannot heal in such an environment. It causes chronic systemic inflammation.

But most people unfortunately don’t consider moving out „just“ because of mold or they have limited financial capacity. I know a female friend of mine who really deteriorated neurologically due to chronic mold exposure.

Since that I became extremely careful in my appartements with temperature, air humidity and so on to prevent mold. I also prefer relatively newly built appartment-blocks, because that seems to lower the chance of mold contamination as they have better insulation, ventilation etc.

OP
U

ursidae

Mold is very neurotoxic and should not be underestimated. You cannot heal in such an environment. It causes chronic systemic inflammation.

But most people unfortunately don’t consider moving out „just“ because of mold or they have limited financial capacity. I know a female friend of mine who really deteriorated neurologically due to chronic mold exposure.

Since that I became extremely careful in my appartements with temperature, air humidity and so on to prevent mold. I also prefer relatively newly built appartment-blocks, because that seems to lower the chance of mold contamination as they have better insulation, ventilation etc.
My brother is 19 and a student so he can't move. My father has more than enough money but I think he has been exposed for so long that he's become extremely nonchalant in the face of all this and also very dismissive. He's using antihistamines all the time and they make him hazy. Whenever I present good arguments, he explains it away with superstition.

I think I might have to pay for some kind of test for mycotoxins in the air here. Or have them test themselves for anti-mold antibodies

OP
U

ursidae

For now, I'll look into getting an air purifier

I got a dehumidifier for the bathroom before and they removed it because "it's annoying"

OP
U

ursidae

Im thinking there must be something else in addition to the mold though because I've been in moldy flats and I get problems but don't get vertigo.

ThinPicking

The mention of sinusitis is interesting Ms. For vertigo and issues in the ear canal frequently go hand in hand.

A colleague of mine used to have this complaint. I thought it was an excuse for him to slow his work rate until a doctor treated him as though he had an ear infection. Even though he had no symptoms of that or lab confirmation. A course of drops and antibiotics put a stop to it. I knew it was true from improvement in his work rate.

chimdp

The mold is very likely an issue. Especially if its combined with EMF. Are they near powerlines, cell towers, etc.? If you can get your hands on Trimeter it'd be interesting to measure their place. And all the other factors you mentioned don't help either. What city are you talking about ?

I would suggest buying the ERMI test and running it on their place. its not overly expensive, fairly easy to do, and If they have a toxic mold present you'll be able to show them concrete data. I've used it myself to help verify I needed to leave a previous place I lived.

Give a decent effort in trying to help them, but don't let it get to the point where it drags your own health down from exposure or mental stress

HeyThere

"- there's mold in the bathroom and water damage severe enough that the downstairs neighbour was complaining the ceiling below the bathroom is soaked in water"

END OF THREAD. Anything else discussed is a vapid black hole of nonsense ignoring the stupidly obvious.

ThinPicking

END OF THREAD. Anything else discussed is a vapid black hole of nonsense ignoring the stupidly obvious.
HeyThere, what a crock :D

Believing that a human can't occupy the same space as a nondescript amount of "mold" without assurance of malady, and believing that removal of that "mold" or the human from that space is all it would take for them to be well is lame. It can't help but it's not going to be the straw that broke the camels back either. The "stupidly obvious" is that humans at their best are quite strong, not weak little beings that can't handle a little grime.

Merry Christmas :santa:

HeyThere

HeyThere, what a crock :D

Believing that a human can't occupy the same space as a nondescript amount of "mold" without assurance of malady, and believing that removal of that "mold" or the human from that space is all it would take for them to be well is lame. It can't help but it's not going to be the straw that broke the camels back either. The "stupidly obvious" is that humans at their best are quite strong, not weak little beings that can't handle a little grime.

Merry Christmas :santa:
Blocked.
Merry Christmas to YOU.

OP
U

ursidae

The mention of sinusitis is interesting Ms. For vertigo and issues in the ear canal frequently go hand in hand.

A colleague of mine used to have this complaint. I thought it was an excuse for him to slow his work rate until a doctor treated him as though he had an ear infection. Even though he had no symptoms of that or lab confirmation. A course of drops and antibiotics put a stop to it. I knew it was true from improvement in his work rate.

Could be. I discussed this with them and they think it's viral because when his vertigo started lots of people were suddenly suffering from it. Those people recovered though while it's chronic for him

OP
U

ursidae

The mold is very likely an issue. Especially if its combined with EMF. Are they near powerlines, cell towers, etc.? If you can get your hands on Trimeter it'd be interesting to measure their place. And all the other factors you mentioned don't help either. What city are you talking about ?

I would suggest buying the ERMI test and running it on their place. its not overly expensive, fairly easy to do, and If they have a toxic mold present you'll be able to show them concrete data. I've used it myself to help verify I needed to leave a previous place I lived.

Give a decent effort in trying to help them, but don't let it get to the point where it drags your own health down from exposure or mental stress
I'll have to check. It's a large capital city with poor air quality and there's lots of EMF. Southeastern Europe.
He used to complain to me that he couldn't sleep because he was being disturbed by a weird vibration in his room. He could only sleep in one room in the flat. I switched rooms with him because i didn't feel any vibration. I couldn't stay asleep in there for more than an hour. Was taking a crazy amount of supplements and sleeping pills and the insomnia was relentless.

I'll look into that test. I just discussed the mold with my family. They think I'm a lunatic because I used to talk about mold a lot...Argument got pretty heated. I hope my money doesn't go to waste

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals