Drinking 8 Cups Of Coffee A Day

biggirlkisss

coffee makes my digustion problems disappear i want to drink some ever hour is there anything i acn do i can have it in the evening and still sleep?

Luann

Long story short, coffee will increase your metabolism to the point where you pee out your sodium, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins at a rate you can't replace them. That is probably too much coffee.

Luann

@superhuman Ok? How? When you drink coffee, you pee a lot, your heart rate goes up, these are things associated with a faster metabolism.

superhuman

@Liubo have you actually read RP`s work? if you increase your metabolic rate without stressing it up you dont pee alot. You sweat and expand more heat and increase metabolic rate/increase thyroid means you retain more minerals like magnesium and sodium. So please dont throw out statements that RP never has said and actually is the opposite of what he says

DaveFoster

Superhuman is correct; with proper thyroid function, magnesium is retained within the cell, as is sodium. A healthy cell prefers potassium over sodium, and so this excretes more rapidly.

This may be why fruit contains a high ratio of potassium to sodium.

Herbie

I drink 8 cups of coffee per day with milk and sugar and still have a good nights sleep without excessive urination.

sladerunner69

Superhuman is correct; with proper thyroid function, magnesium is retained within the cell, as is sodium. A healthy cell prefers potassium over sodium, and so this excretes more rapidly.

This may be why fruit contains a high ratio of potassium to sodium.

Well magnesium stores are notoriously difficult to hold onto. That is why so many choose to supplement magnesium at 200-500mg per day, it will disappear within a couple days no matter how strong your metabolism is.

Jsaute21

Do healthy people ever get a crash from coffee? I find myself pretty healthy and got a crash today. I have been consuming anywhere from 3-5 cups a day lately. Could be over use?

DrJ

I think both Ray and Haidut mentioned that, in Eastern European countries where blood tests are expensive, a test for checking liver function was to give coffee late in the day and see if it kept one from sleeping. If it did, it was an indication that liver function was not optimal. Because a well-functioning liver can metabolize caffeine quickly, reducing its half-life in the body and allowing one to sleep fine even when taken late in the day.

My own experience since getting my metabolism up and following a "Peaty" diet that probably restored my liver to proper function is that I can drink coffee up til at least 5pm and sleep fine, whereas before having coffee after lunch would prevent me from sleeping. I drink coffee all day, and after about 3 cups I have to pee a couple of times, after that I won't need to run to the bathroom much at all. Doesn't seem to be a big deal, but certainly your mineral intake will affect that.

Constatine

Much respect to you Liubo, for admitting to mistakes like that. I very rarely see people do that these days. They would rather be right about something wrong.
I'm also impressed. We need more of this on this forum....wait sorry I'm wrong.

sladerunner69

The only problems I have with "extreme" amounts of coffee are:
A) Nitric Oxide becomes very low and I can no longer achieve good "pumps" in the gym or in my pants :banghead:
B) My butt becomes more and more sore, similar to eating hot sauce or having diaherrea :rotatinglight::toilet:

If it weren't for these couple issues, I would never put my coffee down.:microscope:

Constatine

The only problems I have with "extreme" amounts of coffee are:
A) Nitric Oxide becomes very low and I can no longer achieve good "pumps" in the gym or in my pants :banghead:
B) My butt becomes more and more sore, similar to eating hot sauce or having diaherrea :rotatinglight::toilet:

If it weren't for these couple issues, I would never put my coffee down.:microscope:
That's why I carry NO boosters when I go out ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals