Drinking 8 Cups Of Coffee A Day

Constatine

Aren't you the fella who swears by keeping his serotonin as low as possible? I believe anything that raises N.O. symmetrically raises serotonin, and vice versa. What kind of NO boosters do you speak of?
Yes I do swear by keeping serotonin as low as possible. I do not take N.O boosters regularly as of course they are quite bad for you. I just take them before sex as I do not have sex often enough for this protocol to be bad for my health :sob: as I am not in a dedicated relationship. The NO booster I speak of is pure icariin. Icariin taken regularly is perceived as healthy when one is influenced by scientific dogma but in my humble opinion it is pretty terrible for you. It seems to be very estrogenic, increase SIRT1 and so on. That being said it also has some positive effects (that do not justify the negative effects) such as making a good boner pill, increasing bone density,etc... It is just a sort of cheat supplement for me.

schultz

coffee makes my digustion problems disappear i want to drink some ever hour is there anything i acn do i can have it in the evening and still sleep?

Does decaf give you the same relief from your digestive issues?

pboy

caffeine can be a potent NO buster, it depends...the thing is it will 'force' your cells to metabolize, and move blood into places and cells that might have been surpressed by things like NO, fibrin, serotonin, low thyroid maybe mucopolysaccharides and or glycoproteins. It isn't the end all be all, and quality matters a lot...the more roasted, the more offensive it is...burnt mostly, and don't know if it has pesticide residues and things if it isn't organic. But I'm pretty sure the caffeine can donate methyl groups thereby giving your liver the ability to detoxify as well as potentially synthesize choline and or betain...so its actually a nervine, not to mention it has a good amount, and appreciable, of some b vitamins, potassium, magnesium, and is nearly alkaline which can be balanced easily. Its very related to thyroid, leakiness, nitric oxide, serotonin, and other things...the more 'shaky' if makes you feel, and again low quality can do this, but basically is dependent on your bodies current integrity. If stuff seemed somewhat ok, but likely slower than optimal, but wasn't really...that it was being 'slowed' by things like reverse T3, NO, serotonin, low thyroid, or other factors, and coffee suddenly busts through some 'blockages', you'll feel shaky and uneasy. If your thyroid is abundant, your overall energy and blood and nerve flow is good, you are near isotonic, not hypotonic, have enough blood sugar and/or sugar usable in system, aren't deficient in things, aren't filled with crushing peccimism though caffeine can even help break that up potentially...I think its propensity in a raw state is towards that, you'll be able to handle a lot of caffeine and it will be more like a nervine, not a stimulant. Its up to you whether to use or not, it can be a useful and beneficial 'tool', food/brew, its possible to not use it and still be good, it depends what else you're consuming, and it also might be part of a very good plan

Texon

Long story short, coffee will increase your metabolism to the point where you pee out your sodium, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins at a rate you can't replace them. That is probably too much coffee.
I know that this forum tends to somewhat poo poo genetic influences, and the subject is currently faddish, but if you search for the latest research on what happens when someone is +/+ for 2-3 of the well researched COMT snps, you will find a major part of the reason for caffeine intolerance IMO. These snps also dramatically slow (to the tune of 300-400%) clearance of other excitatory neurotransmitters, so achieving balance can be a real tightrope act. Consuming excessive methyl donors will highly aggravate the whole thing. The outcome according to current knowledge AFAIK displays as worrier vs warrior personality traits generally speaking plus other neuro/mental effects. Dr. Rostenberg seems to have a pretty good understanding of all this, including hormonal tie-ins, but I have never personally consulted with him. Am I discounting the importance of a healthy liver...IN NO WAY. I have actually found great benefit lately from taking a TUDCA supplement. I believe it is restoring my liver function (tendency toward NAFLD) plus conferring a lot of other benefits in ways that nothing else ever has. Also, there is no doubt about the influence of optimal hormone status.

I hope all this is taken in the spirit intended. Dr. Peat's info has been a great help to me in many ways. Just trying to cover all the bases...@tyw I enjoy your posts so would be interesting to hear your views either way on this.

Lol, have fun.

You'll get stained teeth and act like an anxious freak.

Months later down the line you'll be asking yourself wtf drove you to such measures.

Or at least, that was my experience.

GreekDemiGod

When I was low-carbing, drinking black coffee on an empty stomach did give me a nice boost, but I could sense it was skyrocketing my cortisol. And on my 3rd or 4th cup of coffee in a day, I would get jitters and no benefits from it anymore.
Now since I've been peating, drinking coffee always with sugar and milk, and always after having eaten in the morning, I can handle coffee in much larger amounts, it gives me a relaxing effect, however I don't feel a mental boost or more energy from it :(
Any thoughts?

My sleep has been bad too, so I know there are multiple confounding factors that could play a role.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals