Dysphoria & Lethargy From Coffee

Prosper

Every time I start drinking coffee I become more productive and feel good for the first 1-3 days, but after that coffee starts to make me increasingly lethargic, spaced out and depressed. I don't get anything done and begin to feel like life is pointless. These effects start 30-60 min after drinking the coffee and last for a few hours, just like the normal caffeine buzz does.

I never drink more than 2 cups a day and always with meals. It also seems that coffee is worse in this regard than caffeine alone, whether in powder form or in energy drinks.

I know this is a vague problem, but what the heck could be causing this?

sele

Every time I start drinking coffee I become more productive and feel good for the first 1-3 days, but after that coffee starts to make me increasingly lethargic, spaced out and depressed. I don't get anything done and begin to feel like life is pointless. These effects start 30-60 min after drinking the coffee and last for a few hours, just like the normal caffeine buzz does.

I never drink more than 2 cups a day and always with meals. It also seems that coffee is worse in this regard than caffeine alone, whether in powder form or in energy drinks.

I know this is a vague problem, but what the heck could be causing this?
Caffeine can make lactic acid if your glucose oxidation is impaired. B1 may help.
Low glycogen storage can also cause issues with coffee.

OP
Prosper

Prosper

Caffeine can make lactic acid if your glucose oxidation is impaired. B1 may help.
Low glycogen storage can also cause issues with coffee.
That sounds reasonable. Today I took the cup of coffee with a couple of tablespoons of sugar and a b-complex and I've been feeling much better.

Constatine

Caffeine can also increase serotonin receptors over time due to serotonin antagonism...but I doubt this is the cause (but it is a cause of withdraw).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals