Several Cups Of Black Tea A Day?

Astolfo

I just noticed that coffee really affects me in a bad way. It makes me sleepy, has negative cognitive effects etc.

On the other side, I found out that one cup of black tea completely eliminates the feeling of panic. It has a really strong relaxing effect on me. I wonder why.

How much unhealty is the fluoride content of black tea? Can I drink several cups per day? (3-4 sacets / 2 gr).
Should I replace it with green tea?

Herbie

I think the l theanine is responsible, research it and plenty of info.

I sometimes drink black tea like you and didn’t notice any bad effects and was aware of the fluoride and potential estrogenic effects, It made me feel good and thats all that mattered.

My father drinks coffee but says when he doesn’t feel well he drinks black tea, I know another old man who does risky adventures in his car and says if the car breaks down, the first thing I do is make tea then fix the car.

Noodlz2

Try decaf. If you want caffeine, get decaf and mix a little normal coffee. The solvent based decafs taste pretty bad, so I would avoid those.

OP
A

Astolfo

Try decaf. If you want caffeine, get decaf and mix a little normal coffee. The solvent based decafs taste pretty bad, so I would avoid those.

Something in coffee makes me very irridated, and it's not caffeine imo.

I found black tea affects my psychology better than green tea. Also I like the taste more. But it looks like it's contaminated lots of fluoride. That's the only problem, i don't mind it being estrogenic.

I just noticed that coffee really affects me in a bad way. It makes me sleepy, has negative cognitive effects etc.

On the other side, I found out that one cup of black tea completely eliminates the feeling of panic. It has a really strong relaxing effect on me. I wonder why.

How much unhealty is the fluoride content of black tea? Can I drink several cups per day? (3-4 sacets / 2 gr).
Should I replace it with green tea?
I was considering going back to tea a years or so ago, but this article changed my mind:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...nd_its_Fluoride_Content_a_major_Health_Hazard

Have you tried theanine powder to see whether it also helps with the panic?

I was considering going back to tea a years or so ago, but this article changed my mind:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...nd_its_Fluoride_Content_a_major_Health_Hazard

Read the same article and have not had a sip of green tea since. Since black tea is from the same plant, the problems should be similar. Theanine can feel powerfully sedating long after dosed and does not feel anything like the subtlely stimulating effect of black tea.

Read the same article and have not had a sip of green tea since. Since black tea is from the same plant, the problems should be similar. Theanine can feel powerfully sedating long after dosed and does not feel anything like the subtlely stimulating effect of black tea.
I agree, theanine is different from tea regarding the effects. When I first started using it, it even gave me some dyslexia, because it was so relaxing, so I could only take before sleep, which theanine really benefited. Over time, the dyslexia effect went away, but it took some time. When I used to drink green tea, I could drink a few cups and it would never cause any dyslexia or excessive relaxation, but it wasn't something I could keep up with. The amount of urine I was peeing back then was very concerning. It's sad, because green tea tastes pretty good imo, especially with sugar.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I've always felt good on black tea. Green tea tastes like it was just cut from a hay field, and I can't like it no matter how I fix it.

I agree, theanine is different from tea regarding the effects. When I first started using it, it even gave me some dyslexia, because it was so relaxing, so I could only take before sleep, which theanine really benefited. Over time, the dyslexia effect went away, but it took some time. When I used to drink green tea, I could drink a few cups and it would never cause any dyslexia or excessive relaxation, but it wasn't something I could keep up with. The amount of urine I was peeing back then was very concerning. It's sad, because green tea tastes pretty good imo, especially with sugar.

If I have 50mg theanine before bed, I'm slow the whole next day.

Green tea tastes terrible, good riddance, but I've mostly had Lipton and Pickwick. Black tea has body and character without the addition of accessories.

OP
A

Astolfo

It's not being sold at here.

I mean, this study is very concerning. But in order to get dangerous amounts of fluoride, how many grams of tea leaves one person should consume every day? I can only drink 4 or 5 cup a day (2 gr/cup). Is this amount of fluoride concerning if I'm not adult yet?

It's not being sold at here.

I mean, this study is very concerning. But in order to get dangerous amounts of fluoride, how many grams of tea leaves one person should consume every day? I can only drink 4 or 5 cup a day (2 gr/cup). Is this amount of fluoride concerning if I'm not adult yet?
I think that the fact that you're still not an adult means that fluoride would be more damaging than if you were 20 or 25.

From the study:
"Green Tea and isolated extracts from it are known to disrupt normal bone growth [Vali 2007,
Isbel 2009, Iwaniec 2009]."

The study just mentions that tea has a very high fluoride content, and it doesn't specify how much grams of leaves were used. The standard amount used to make tea in general is 2 grams per 100ml, isn't it? If so, then maybe they didn't say it because they thought they didn't need to specify.

From the study:
"Brewed Green Tea has been found to contain very high Fluoride levels, e.g. nearly 7 mg/L
(ppm) when made with deionized water [Chan 2010] and over 25 ppm in one Green Tea
brew [Lung 2003]. Brick Tea, made from older leaves, has even higher Fluoride content."

What kind of water are you using to brew your tea?

How much tea in milliliters are you drinking? If you're drinking 400 mL or 500mL, that's about 3,5 mg of fluoride, which is a lot.

Just 2 liters of fluoridated tap water( 0,7mg per liter) is enough to lower thyroid function.

Dr. Peat told me that a high calcium diet helps lower fluoride absorption from tea.

Studies I have seen say it could cut absorption 40% or so.

And I have read that the more expensive teas which are made with younger leaves contain far less flouride. Cheap teas are made with older bigger leaves and have a much higher fluoride content.

Municipal water here where I am in the USA contains .7mg per L of F. Add 2 or 3mg from tea and you have a sizable fluoride burden. Studies with children show lower intelligence levels at these flouride amounts or even less, so it is of some concern.

I do love tea but I'll stick mainly to coffee. I use a flouride filter (which has to be frequently changed) on the municipal water supply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals