30 to 50 cups of coffee a day

P

Peatness

I stopped having cane sugar but I used to have heaps as well, just have low fat milk. I eat cheese, these coconut bars and pineapple juice at work but I can’t hardly stop at all.

I eat beef, prawns, oysters, yogurt, pineapple juice outside of work at the moment but I do change my diet around a bit.
Thanks. I take plenty of cane sugar/milk with my coffee but I still get stress reaction

Locutus

Ray Peat mentioned that he drank 30 -50 cups of strong coffee with cream when he was hypothyroid.
At that he drank lots of milk too, but not together...
How 's that possible ? Anyone tried ?

7:40

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74oLBrVddFs&t=465s

I drank 6-7 small cups and by afternoon my eyballs were expoloding and I had a headache.
Though I've been drinking 2-3 cups of coffee almost every day for the last 5 years with no problems

30-50 cups of strong coffee
Rookie numbers.

Vileplume

Today I drank 7-8 cups of coffee, made from 11 tablespoons of coffee beans. After this, double my normal intake, I noticed warmer hands throughout the day. I will try to stick with it.

Honore de Balzac, a nineteenth-century French writer, drank the equivalent of around 47 cups of coffee A DAY for 25 years. some context, although it is hard to prove the myth.
I drink lots of coffee, i make it with about 25g, and i often drink 6-7 cups of those coffees. I think it is possible to drink this much coffee, not even too hard.
What I Assume Honoré de Balzac Thought After Drinking Each of His Fifty Daily Cups Of Coffee i just leave this here haha.
Balzac was Peating before it was cool.

P

Peatness

Stop drinking coffee. Or dump out half the coffee and replace it with milk/cream
I've been struggling with coffee for a long time. I can't imagine my day without it. I tried givin up earlier this year, only manage only five days. I will half the coffee and see if that helps

Herbie

Thanks. I take plenty of cane sugar/milk with my coffee but I still get stress reaction
I would have to spend some time thinking about this but I’m pretty sure the cane/beet sugar causes high adrenaline in myself.

OP
Apple

Apple

Honore de Balzac, a nineteenth-century French writer, drank the equivalent of around 47 cups of coffee A DAY for 25 years. some context, although it is hard to prove the myth.
I drink lots of coffee, i make it with about 25g, and i often drink 6-7 cups of those coffees. I think it is possible to drink this much coffee, not even too hard.
What I Assume Honoré de Balzac Thought After Drinking Each of His Fifty Daily Cups Of Coffee i just leave this here haha.

Balzac was Peating before it was cool.
Unfortunately, he is not the best example of famous "Peaters".
He died at the age of 51 owing to gangrene associated with congestive heart failure. (A chronic condition in which the heart doesn't pump blood as well as it should.) Because of ventricular hypertrophy, Balzac's respiratory conditions were appalling and he developed severe leg edemas and possibly stasis dermatitis.
Causes of congestive heart failure:

Too much liquid or caffeine ?

Last edited:
P

Peatness

I would have to spend some time thinking about this but I’m pretty sure the cane/beet sugar causes high adrenaline in myself.
Wow, I've not heard of cane sugar causing adrenaline

milkboi

I'd love to consume so much coffee and I can generally tolerate lots of caffeine, but sleeping I could not on such an amount

Risingfire

I've been struggling with coffee for a long time. I can't imagine my day without it. I tried givin up earlier this year, only manage only five days. I will half the coffee and see if that helps
Yea try the split and try to eat something before you consume the coffee. Should reduce the stress response

OP
Apple

Apple

I have been drinking 7-10 small cups of coffee with cream for the last several days (including before sleep) and feel very good. Cream makes coffee more palatable and tolerable. Make sure your cream doen't contain additives.

boris

Unfortunately, he is not the best example of famous "Peaters".
He died at the age of 51 owing to gangrene associated with congestive heart failure. (A chronic condition in which the heart doesn't pump blood as well as it should.) Because of ventricular hypertrophy, Balzac's respiratory conditions were appalling and he developed severe leg edemas and possibly stasis dermatitis.
Causes of congestive heart failure:

Too much liquid or caffeine ?

The other way around. Coffee "addiction" develops with hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism causes heart conditions. Peat always craved coffee first thing in the morning when he was hypothyroid, it stopped after he started supplementing thyroid.

OP
Apple

Apple

The other way around. Coffee "addiction" develops with hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism causes heart conditions. Peat always craved coffee first thing in the morning when he was hypothyroid, it stopped after he started supplementing thyroid.
Are you saying RP doesn't drink coffee anymore since he switched it to supplementing thyroid ?

boris

Are you saying RP doesn't drink coffee anymore since he switched it to supplementing thyroid ?

I'm referring to the craving first thing in the morning. He said his first thought when waking up was about coffee and that it stopped after supplementing thyroid. He still drinks coffee ;)

OP
Apple

Apple

I'm referring to the craving first thing in the morning. He said his first thought when waking up was about coffee and that it stopped after supplementing thyroid. He still drinks coffee ;)
He probably raised his metabolism to a degree when cafeine doesn't have any effect on him since it is metabolized instaneously and he just drinks coffee for quercetin :))

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals