Dr. Fauci Admits Coronavirus Is Basically A Bad Flu Year

SOMO

It's atypical because I cannot find numbers on how many practicing doctors fall to the flu each year. To me, this implies that there isn't enough of an existing pattern to warrant research. If dozens of practicing doctors in a mid-sized country like Italy were falling to the flu each year each month, there would almost certainly exist documentation to support it, because it would be considered a workplace hazard, getting insurance involved and so on. For example the number of police officers who are killed on the job is lower than 45 a month despite there being far more officers than doctors, and that is of course a well documented workplace hazard (still lower than construction workers, fishermen, and garbagemen surprisingly).

I do see your point, though, that the number of doctors dying from corona could be inflated by many of them not having died from the virus itself. I suspect that this virus is much more widespread than officially recognized, and the vast majority of cases are so mild that they don't lead to "professional" medical attention. My elderly grand-uncle was hospitalized with a corona-virus in December (which they claimed was not the COVID19 strain, though I suspect otherwise) and he lives in Los Angeles. That is 2 months before health officials called for widespread testing, enough time for spread to the Nth degree.

How do you know your grand-uncle had a corona-virus and not just pneumonia or another type of bacterial or viral infection?

Over 500 dead today in the US, but 277 of those are in New York.

Next highest number is New Jersey with only 32 deaths followed by California with only 20.

I live in NY. I don't know any sick or dead people.

Peatogenic

This paper was published late February. It's not a concession by Fauci....its not a new paper. It's not new understanding or tracking of data through March.

tankasnowgod

This paper was published late February. It's not a concession by Fauci....its not a new paper. It's not new understanding or tracking of data through March.

Which is even worse. It means one of the architects of this operation knew it was a fraud from the start.

Peatogenic

Which is even worse. It means one of the architects of this operation knew it was a fraud from the start.

Just keeping our ducks in a row. It's not a concession.

I mean, there was the Diamond Princess study and the Wuhan study more recently than this paper which showed low transmission and fatality rates. Those studies are more up to date than this paper.

tankasnowgod

I don't like the news at all, but I am glad that it's starting to get noticed.....

Matt Walsh Screen.png

Fred

Agreed. A concession would have to come after his pandemic declaration in early March. He may just have revised his position based on new evidence.

LLight

So I‘ve read today that hosts like bats (where covid2 might originate from) are immune to it in the sense that they ward it off without much of an inflammatory response. Instead, their interferons kind of close down cells before the virus can proliferate much. No Inflammation, no destruction of own tissue and no dead. But at the cost the the virus dormantly survives within the bat /similar hosts.

This amounts to an evolutionary cease-fire. It enables the individual bat to survive and the virus gains a safe retreat from where to launch attacks on other hosts.

Now for humans, for whatever evolutionary reasons our Interferon response can’t handle Covid2 and many other viral infections quickly or sufficiently enough, relying instead on inflammatio.
Many viruses however adapted to that and a strong inflammation favours quick mutations and often: harmfulness.
Somehow the entire Cytokine-Signaling triggers the virus and maybe it also profits From the host tissue destruction from autoimmunity/heavy immune response.

Isn’t this very detrimental, potentially deadly immune response probably also a evolutionary mechanism of the host to survive as a species? Instead of a cease fire you have an arms race:
Inflammation ramped up -> virus adapts with higher „virulency“. Inflammatio gets stronger, threatening to kill the host to prevent transmission -> virus gets more „transmissible“ as a response to flee the dying host. Host dies.

So in a suspectible environment like a nursing home or some hospital units it seems only logical that the virus transmits faster and the humans around die a lot and quicker. It encounters many weakened Individuals early on Engage it with heavy inflammatio.
It’s the emergency brake to keep the species safe.
Evolutionarily seen, humans would quickly stay away From such a death-hotspot. Nowadays you have nurses, doctors and relatives staying around the affected and thus allowing an aggressive version of the virus to spread beyond the boundaries of the infirm.

My theory for the differences in lethality in different countries. See post above too for this rationale

@LLight @Amazoniac @schultz @Giraffe

EDIT: according to this idea, ventilation might increase letahlity (-risk) More oxygen in situ/ loci where the virus spreads out the respiratory system might enhance both ROS-immunity damage and prompt the virus to shift into said transmissive/aggressive mode further, while also prolongs life of the host and thus paradoxically the letshlity of the virus
@ecstatichamster

It has been observed that people in ICU are mostly diabetics or pre-diabetics. However, this statistic alone might not be sufficient as a large part of the whole population might have these conditions.

Immune and metabolic health are interrelated so that's not really surprising.

Countries that are less impacted might just have a well better metabolic health. I don't know the rates but I guess Japan and South Korea have low rates.

Regarding ventilation, I have seen papers suggesting that being intubated could favor pneumonia in and out itself.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I suspect that this virus is much more widespread than officially recognized, and the vast majority of cases are so mild that they don't lead to "professional" medical attention. My elderly grand-uncle was hospitalized with a corona-virus in December (which they claimed was not the COVID19 strain, though I suspect otherwise) and he lives in Los Angeles. That is 2 months before health officials called for widespread testing, enough time for spread to the Nth degree.
I too was quite sick in early December. A swab test sent off to a lab showed positive for Coronavirus, but not specifically "novel" as it was not on the radar. I fully agree that this was circulating by early winter, and that there have been a lot of mild-moderate cases.

sweetpeat

A 2-5% worldwide recession and negative growth will kill millions because of famine and the health consequences of unemployment and poverty, including suicide

The number of suicides appears to outnumber hospitalizations, which is only 6. 14 recoveries are listed and no deaths, so yes, it does-

Coronavirus - Health Department - Knox County Tennessee Government

It's not just "lives for lives." It's potential lives for factual lives plus factual economic destruction.
Agreed. Thank you both for spelling it out more clearly.

I was talking with someone the other day about the number of lawsuits that are likely to be filed as a result of the lockdowns. In fact, it's already been tried here in my state as a violation to peaceably assemble, but the court threw out the case. Most likely, the CDC or whoever will be granted special immunity from prosecution like they already get for vaccination lawsuits.

D

Deleted member 5487

"This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

Source of quote:
WOW! Dr. Fauci in New England Journal of Medicine Concedes the Coronavirus Mortality Rate May Be Much Closer to a Very Bad Flu

There is it, the hoax is wrapping up.

"The Senate’s $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package is not fiscal stimulus and it’s not a lifeline for the tens of millions of working people who have suddenly lost their jobs. It’s a fundamental restructuring of the US economy designed to strengthen the grip of the corrupt corporate-banking oligarchy while creating a permanent underclass that will be forced to work for slave wages. This isn’t stimulus, it’s shock therapy."

The Senate's Coronavirus Relief Package Must be Stopped! - Global Research

Sorry, I have to do a TOLD YOU SO.

Here's my orginal Post.

The Coronavirus Is A Scapegoat Bioweapon

"Yes. Republican Shock Therapy. Followed by Starve the Beast(Austerity)."- Me

D

Deleted member 5487

Agreed. Thank you both for spelling it out more clearly.

I was talking with someone the other day about the number of lawsuits that are likely to be filed as a result of the lockdowns. In fact, it's already been tried here in my state as a violation to peaceably assemble, but the court threw out the case. Most likely, the CDC or whoever will be granted special immunity from prosecution like they already get for vaccination lawsuits.

As an economist, What is to come in the next months/year is going to be somthing the world has never seen/.

If I we're trump I would be rolling out the national guard and army into the streets to "Help the virus"(lol)...Oh wait that's exactly what he's doing.

You people thought Yellow Vests/Hong Kong Protests we're bad.

Those FEMA camps/ hospital, those supplies are not for the virus.

Hang on tight people.

Tell me how crazy thing will get when 50% of the population miss rent/credit card payments On Apiril 1st.
Tell me how crazy things will get when people lose 70-80% of their 401k and 30-70% of their home equity.

Please tell me.

"French Official Says Quarantine Should Not Be Enforced In Migrant Areas To Avoid Riots" --MARCH 29

270320migrants.jpg

kreeese

GREAT STUFF CHARLIE ! IM IN NYC BORN AND RAISED NO ONE I KNOW EVEN HAS THE SNIFFLES...IM A HEALTH COACH AND TRAINER MY SISTER IS A CARDIOLOGIST HERE IN NYC NO ONE IS SICK AND NO ONE HAS DIED. A MILD COLD FLU IS ALL SHE WROTE..LETS SEE HOW THE POWERS DECIDE TO KEEP ENSLAVING THE SHEEPLE.....

tankasnowgod

I don't know the rates but I guess Japan and South Korea have low rates.

Literally all countries have low rates. Not a single country has a high one. The numbers, be it cases or associated deaths, are always tiny, tiny fractions of a percent of the population, not, say, 20% of the population, like seasonal flu is estimated to affect. You have countries with low rates and lower rates.

tankasnowgod

I mean, there was the Diamond Princess study and the Wuhan study more recently than this paper which showed low transmission and fatality rates. Those studies are more up to date than this paper.

Looking again at the article, it indeed was published on March 26, 2020. The article itself cites 2 sources that were published in March, meaning it couldn't have possibly been published in February (or, at least, has been updated since the original date). I see at the bottom the "originally published" message that you are referring to, but the official date is March 26, 2020

tankasnowgod

""This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2"

"The 1957 flu outbreak caused an estimated one million to two million deaths worldwide and is generally considered to have been the least severe of the three influenza pandemics of the 20th century."

1957 flu pandemic | Cause, History, Deaths, & Facts

"The 1968 flu pandemic resulted in an estimated one million to four million deaths, far fewer than the 1918–19 pandemic, which caused between 25 million and 50 million deaths."

1968 flu pandemic | History, Deaths, & Facts

So how comforting is that?

People die every day. 56 Million people are estimated to die every year. The seasonal flu is estimated to kill about half a million people every year. So, the numbers really aren't that far off from average, probably all the time you have been alive. How uncomfortable were you with all the estimated flu deaths every year for the past 10-20 years of your life?

Gone Peating

United States:

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

United States Coronavirus: 141,125 Cases and 2,457 Deaths - Worldometer

Looks like it is shaping to be 2% instead of 0.1%. Were it 0.1%, that would have been 140 deaths.

One percent of 140,990 is 1409. One tenth of that would be 140.

Those are only the known number of infected, so the death rate is definitely under 1.5%

Also they don’t even have accurate testing and don’t even test a lot of people they just say they have corona

Giraffe

Isn’t this very detrimental, potentially deadly immune response probably also a evolutionary mechanism of the host to survive as a species? Instead of a cease fire you have an arms race:
Inflammation ramped up -> virus adapts with higher „virulency“. Inflammatio gets stronger, threatening to kill the host to prevent transmission -> virus gets more „transmissible“ as a response to flee the dying host. Host dies.
I think that a stressed environment can change the virus, make it more virulent. Below a post from another thread about the nutritional status (please, click on the link to read the whole post). I think that any stress can do this. Changing the environment to the better takes care of the problem.

So, this is where it all gets really interesting. We tend to think of certain diseases as pretty much always being severe (smallpox, polio, etc.). But, there is some fascinating research out there that has shown that the severity of a disease (viral at least) can be affected by a host's nutritional status. And that the health of the host can actually change the viral genome, as though there's two-way communication. Paradigm-shifting stuff that I think will eventually lead us away from the "us-vs-them" war based metaphor that has dominated immunology for so long and which would nullify the legitimacy of a broadly applicable mathematical risk assessment as mentioned above and as commonly attempted in various studies.

tankasnowgod

Looks like it is shaping to be 2% instead of 0.1%. Were it 0.1%, that would have been 140 deaths.

One percent of 140,990 is 1409. One tenth of that would be 140.

No, it doesn't. Maybe 2 percent of diagnosed (or presumed) cases. Even Fauci addresses this in his article-

"On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%."

RealNeat

I am talking about Fauci's being comforted by the low percentage of deaths, without looking at the base. The multiplier is useless without relating to the base.

The scary 34% death rate of MERS only affected the 2,494 infected.

we don't know how many people are actually infected. Without that stats don't actually exist.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals