Blocking endotoxin (TLR4) may prevent death from viral infections (COVID-19/ARDS)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Almost a decade ago I posted about a "rogue" study which had the audacity to suggest that most of so-called viral infections (including HIV) produce most of their most severe symptoms not through the virus or its direct effects, but through synergism with the bacterial endotoxin (LPS) that we all produce constantly. The virus simply helps LPS get into the bloodstream by increasing gut permeability. Once in the blood, LPS acts mostly through the so-called "endotoxin receptor" TLR4, unleashing a chronic inflammatory cascade, which sometimes ends in a so-called "cytokine storm", followed by multi-organ failure, and often death. The vast majority of COVID-19 patients (as well as patients from previous viral pandemics) who died from their infection were victims of precisely this inflammatory cascade and not the virus itself, though the virus can have detrimental effects by itself (in the case of SARS-CoV-2 that occurs by blocking/binding the ACE II enzyme). That old study also had the audacity to demonstrate that cholesterol - a natural TLR4 antagonist - as well as other structurally similar molecules (e.g. progesterone, pregnenolone, etc) were highly effective at blocking this inflammatory cascade and preventing organ damage and death. Hhhmm, if cholesterol is a natural protection against viruses, I wonder if the widespread consumption of statin drugs contributed significantly to the COVID-19 mortality, which was highest in "developed" countries. It is a rhetorical question of course, we all know the answer....Thus, there is quite a bit of evidence going back many decades demonstrating that blocking endotoxin may be the proper way of treating any viral condition. The article below shows that at least one company has wisened up to that hypothesis and is developing a TLR4 antagonist as a single drug against influenza (and possibly other viruses). For the people who do not want to wait until this drug hits the market - there are many natural TLR4 antagonists including niacinamide, vitamin A/D, emodin, progesterone/pregnenolone, as well as direct endotoxin detox agents such as activated charcoal and insoluble fiber.

Edesa Biotech's ARDS Drug Inhibits Inflammation from Influenza and Other Pathogens | BioSpace
"...Edesa Biotech, Inc. (NASDAQ:EDSA), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on inflammatory and immune-related diseases, announced positive findings from an in vitro study of its monoclonal antibody candidate, paridiprubart, against a panel of respiratory pathogens. The study was completed by the University of Toronto in parallel to the company's ongoing clinical study of EB05 (paridiprubart) in hospitalized Covid-19 patients with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), a severe form of respiratory failure characterized by widespread inflammatory injury to the lungs. Approximately 10% of all ICU admissions are ARDS related. The research results available today in preprint demonstrated that multiple pathogens, including Influenza A, coronavirus and a common bacterium (H. influenzae), can initiate an overactive immune response through Toll-like Receptor 4 (TLR4), a key component of the innate immune system. More importantly, the study determined that inflammation signaling from each of these pathogens was inhibited by Edesa's TLR4 antagonist, paridiprubart."

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Although not "natural", does methylene blue also inhibit TLR4?

74one

Almost a decade ago I posted about a "rogue" study which had the audacity to suggest that most of so-called viral infections (including HIV) produce most of their most severe symptoms not through the virus or its direct effects, but through synergism with the bacterial endotoxin (LPS) that we all produce constantly. The virus simply helps LPS get into the bloodstream by increasing gut permeability. Once in the blood, LPS acts mostly through the so-called "endotoxin receptor" TLR4, unleashing a chronic inflammatory cascade, which sometimes ends in a so-called "cytokine storm", followed by multi-organ failure, and often death. The vast majority of COVID-19 patients (as well as patients from previous viral pandemics) who died from their infection were victims of precisely this inflammatory cascade and not the virus itself, though the virus can have detrimental effects by itself (in the case of SARS-CoV-2 that occurs by blocking/binding the ACE II enzyme). That old study also had the audacity to demonstrate that cholesterol - a natural TLR4 antagonist - as well as other structurally similar molecules (e.g. progesterone, pregnenolone, etc) were highly effective at blocking this inflammatory cascade and preventing organ damage and death. Hhhmm, if cholesterol is a natural protection against viruses, I wonder if the widespread consumption of statin drugs contributed significantly to the COVID-19 mortality, which was highest in "developed" countries. It is a rhetorical question of course, we all know the answer....Thus, there is quite a bit of evidence going back many decades demonstrating that blocking endotoxin may be the proper way of treating any viral condition. The article below shows that at least one company has wisened up to that hypothesis and is developing a TLR4 antagonist as a single drug against influenza (and possibly other viruses). For the people who do not want to wait until this drug hits the market - there are many natural TLR4 antagonists including niacinamide, vitamin A/D, emodin, progesterone/pregnenolone, as well as direct endotoxin detox agents such as activated charcoal and insoluble fiber.

Edesa Biotech's ARDS Drug Inhibits Inflammation from Influenza and Other Pathogens | BioSpace
"...Edesa Biotech, Inc. (NASDAQ:EDSA), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on inflammatory and immune-related diseases, announced positive findings from an in vitro study of its monoclonal antibody candidate, paridiprubart, against a panel of respiratory pathogens. The study was completed by the University of Toronto in parallel to the company's ongoing clinical study of EB05 (paridiprubart) in hospitalized Covid-19 patients with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), a severe form of respiratory failure characterized by widespread inflammatory injury to the lungs. Approximately 10% of all ICU admissions are ARDS related. The research results available today in preprint demonstrated that multiple pathogens, including Influenza A, coronavirus and a common bacterium (H. influenzae), can initiate an overactive immune response through Toll-like Receptor 4 (TLR4), a key component of the innate immune system. More importantly, the study determined that inflammation signaling from each of these pathogens was inhibited by Edesa's TLR4 antagonist, paridiprubart."
Many doctors insist that Viruses Where Not Proven To Exist - it's a fiction designed for promoting vaccines, and all studies that attribute specific "viral" illnesses to viruses lacking sufficient evidences. For example, former virologist dr. Stefan Lanka proved in court that HIV virus did not exist, and thanks to dr. Andrew Kaufman, dr. Tom Cowan, dr. Sam Bailey and many others we know that viruses including Covid-19 were not properly isolated and in case with Covid-19 they created virtual virus model in computer instead of working with the real virus

Judd Crane

Interesting. I was sick with covid in 2021. After recovering I took an experimental round of antibiotics, which gave me a Herxheimer reaction which was strikingly similar to the covid.

sunny

Does anyone have an acceptable insoluble fiber product that is not microcrystalline Cellulose? I'm of the impression Ray's opinion on microcrystalline is that it would have a persorption issue- am I wrong about that? I've been looking at Vital Nutrients- it's ingredient says just "Cellulose powder ".

cs3000

Does anyone have an acceptable insoluble fiber product that is not microcrystalline Cellulose? I'm of the impression Ray's opinion on microcrystalline is that it would have a persorption issue- am I wrong about that? I've been looking at Vital Nutrients- it's ingredient says just "Cellulose powder ".
i started swerving microcrystalline form of cellulose after finding this An Interesting Case of Acute Colitis Possibly Associated with Deposition of Pharmaceutical Fillers gets stuck in mucosa, associated with colitis in case study

Healthy origins has a product "natural healthy fiber", just 100% PHGG patented as "sunfiber"
~10g daily should cover it for humans
In the alcohol intoxicated group, NOS2, TLR4, and MyD88 expression levels were markedly increased when compared with those of Control group. After supplementation with PHGG (2000 mg/kg∙day) for four weeks, expression levels of NOS2, TLR4, and MyD88 were decreased by 79.2%, 85.0%, and 69.3%, respectively

some more tlr4 antagonists:
MSM
MSM inhibited the high glucose-induced expression of TLR2 and TLR4 at both the transcriptional and translational levels

Licorice
(but have to respect dose - raises cortisol and lowers testosterone if you go too high at ~300mg glycyrrhizin. 1g as hot water extract for 10 mins should be ok i think)
200mg glycyrrhizin best effect orally
Glycyrrhetinic acid 100mg (metabolite of hizin) also inhibits tlr4 milder, has 10 hr half life

Colostrum

Things that raise bifidobacteria

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals