Aspirin Is Counterproductive Against Viral Infections Like Spanish Flu And Covid-19

berk

The human body can tolerate higher temperatures than viruses, so fever is not simply an unpleasant symptom of flu, it is a vital part of the body’s defence mechanism. Taking antipyretics (like ibuprofen or aspirin) to reduce fever, could be counterproductive against viral infections like Covid-19.
Antipyretic treatment of flu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems in Italy, the use of drugs to reduce fever, such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin increases the death rate

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The high mortality rate of the Spanish Flu was due to ASPIRIN OVERDOSE: "Scientists from Vienna's laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system." Is history repeating itself?

renderTimingPixel.png

Bayer, Death and the 1918 Spanish Flu Epidemic: Aspirin overdose was responsible for the high mortality rates, *not* the "virulence" of the influenza virus. Don't let pro-vaccine propagandists cite this incident as justification for the dangerous and ineffective flu "vaccine".

From this thread:
I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learnt that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.
Is the TREATMENT causing the high mortality rate for coronavirus?
Are we repeating the same mistakes from the alleged "spanish flu" pandemic?

Further reading:

Did a Military Experimental Vaccine in 1918 Kill 50-100 Million People Blamed as "Spanish Flu"?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know there a lot of aspirin users here so that is why i posting this.
i think now its the best time to take a break with it until this is all over. :):
But it is your own choice of course..

lampofred

RP mentioned in his most recent interview that aspirin is reducing fever by reducing the damage that causes the fever in the first place, not by mechanically reducing temperature, so aspirin is safe and actually has many strong anti-viral effects.

J

jb116

It's a ridiculous scare tactic and assault against aspirin, yet again. Why not use the opportunity right?
Reported dosings were >30 grams per day. Even the minimum dose was reported to be around 8 grams. That's insane and unreasonable and Peat would even be against that.

Salicylates and Pandemic Influenza Mortality, 1918–1919 Pharmacology, Pathology, and Historic Evidence
"...These recommended doses (1000–1300 mg), with frequencies ranging from hourly to every 3 hours, resulting in daily doses of 8–31.2 grams, are above the maximum safe dose defined above and would lead to accumulation..."​

Apart from that, there is confounding within this entire narrative, and as the investigation goes on, there are surely other factors at play.

Questioning the Salicylates and Influenza Pandemic Mortality Hypothesis in 1918–1919
"Thus, Starko's intriguing hypothesis fails the test of dose-response. That is to say, in countries such as the United States, where salicylates were more available, mortality was much lower compared with regions where salicylates were less readily available."​

I am not wholly convinced that this is a solid case. Aspirin and ibuprofen may both be classified as anti-inflammtory substances but that does not mean they are the same thing. It isn't exactly truthful to say that all anti-inflammatory drugs or such are equal, thus lumping aspirin with acetaminophen or ibuprofen or etc. and giving any negative characteristics possibly shone on some of the non-aspirin substances while also extending them to aspirin by way of association, ultimately making aspirin look worse by characterization or presumption.

It is easy to make an entire group of different people (wrongly) look bad if we blame every shortcoming of one or more on all of the others.

I looked at some of those cited works and I noticed it said that aspirin had no negative effects on viruses -- only increased "viral shedding" which I am not sure what that means exactly. Could that not be a good thing in a sense? The other data just vaguely mentions antipyretics. I read around and it seems antipyretics lower temperature by reducing inflammation and etc. which is presumably a good thing if it has no other downfalls/health adverse effects that are significantly bad (the prior mentioned paper shows aspirin even reduced symptoms associated).

Also that other old stuff mentions "aspirin overdose." What does that mean? I looked briefly but did not see any mention of how much was given. Obviously you can go overboard with anything and it can have negative consequences, but that is not limited to aspirin.

"Excessive water intake associated with death. Possible data could support the enforcement of water sales regulation to avoid misuse by the general public."

"High amounts of anything shown to kill. Data concludes the need for possibly adding every substance, compound, molecule and atom on to the controlled substance list for regulations."

Last edited:

Marvel

It's the inflammation that is killing people though, right? So would stand to reason that aspirin could help you, even if it did (not saying it does) slow the pace at which your immune system kills the virus.

maillol

I think maybe a slight problem is that aspirin lowers nitric oxide, inhibiting both iNOS and eNOS. Normally this is fine, lowering iNOS being a good thing in particular. However I think this might be a problem in the context of having low CO2 levels, which will be particularly apparent in someone with a respiratory affecting virus like Covid19, so the body is going to have reduced vascular function from low co2 and no nitric oxide as backup. My science may be way off, happy to be proven wrong.

J

jb116

I think maybe a slight problem is that aspirin lowers nitric oxide, inhibiting both iNOS and eNOS. Normally this is fine, lowering iNOS being a good thing in particular. However I think this might be a problem in the context of having low CO2 levels, which will be particularly apparent in someone with a respiratory affecting virus like Covid19, so the body is going to have reduced vascular function from low co2 and no nitric oxide as backup. My science may be way off, happy to be proven wrong.
Aspirin increases CO2.

Kunstruct

Reported dosings were >30 grams per day. Even the minimum dose was reported to be around 8 grams. That's insane and unreasonable and Peat would even be against that.

Salicylates and Pandemic Influenza Mortality, 1918–1919 Pharmacology, Pathology, and Historic Evidence
"...These recommended doses (1000–1300 mg), with frequencies ranging from hourly to every 3 hours, resulting in daily doses of 8–31.2 grams, are above the maximum safe dose defined above and would lead to accumulation..."

I was not aware people can take such massive doses, 8grams to 31.2grams, I thought people are doing 125mg or 325mg or 500mg per day.

J

jb116

Have you got a study?
It's sort of a fundamental mechanism, a kind of cellular respiration 101. For example from how med
Produces direct and indirect effect on respiration:​
  1. Direct action –crosses BBB and stimulates respiratory center in medulla
  2. Indirect action –produces uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation, process which yields ATP (1g glucose yields 38 ATP), thus oxidative phosphorylation stops. Lot of carbon dioxide is produced, which stimulates the respiratory center.

I was not aware people can take such massive doses, 8grams to 31.2grams, I thought people are doing 125mg or 325mg or 500mg per day.

That was the crux of the research in unraveling the aspirin hypothesis in how it related to the mortality rate. As I mentioned and posted though, countering research showed it's not even really clear whether it was aspirin that caused the deaths. But even if it was, those were the absurd, massive doses being used.

maillol

It's sort of a fundamental mechanism, a kind of cellular respiration 101. For example from how med
Produces direct and indirect effect on respiration:​
  1. Direct action –crosses BBB and stimulates respiratory center in medulla
  2. Indirect action –produces uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation, process which yields ATP (1g glucose yields 38 ATP), thus oxidative phosphorylation stops. Lot of carbon dioxide is produced, which stimulates the respiratory center.

That was the crux of the research in unraveling the aspirin hypothesis in how it related to the mortality rate. As I mentioned and posted though, countering research showed it's not even really clear whether it was aspirin that caused the deaths. But even if it was, those were the absurd, massive doses being used.

I see. What confuses me is there seem to be quite a few studies linking aspirin to hyperventilation which would lead to low CO2 no?

Edit: It looks like the hyperventilation is only in overdose situations

Last edited:
J

jb116

I see. What confuses me is there seem to be quite a few studies linking aspirin to hyperventilation which would lead to low CO2 no?
These types of studies don't control for caloric intake let alone carbohydrate intake to compensate for increased metabolic rate. Thyroid could do the same thing. Nutritional compensation is critical to support increased respiration. Something has to give (for survival) if it is not met with support.

maillol

These types of studies don't control for caloric intake let alone carbohydrate intake to compensate for increased metabolic rate. Thyroid could do the same thing. Nutritional compensation is critical to support increased respiration. Something has to give (for survival) if it is not met with support.
I see. On further inspection it also seems that the hyperventilation is only in overdose situations.

J

jb116

I see. On further inspection it also seems that the hyperventilation is only in overdose situations.
Mostly yes, but any similar negative side effect will generally arise out of lack of supporting metabolic enhancement.

This is that study.

The hypothesis presented herein is that aspirin contributed to the incidence and severity of viral pathology, bacterial infection, and death, because physicians of the day were unaware that the regimens (8.0–31.2 g per day) produce levels associated with hyperventilation and pulmonary edema in 33% and 3% of recipients, respectively.

J

jb116

This is that study.

The hypothesis presented herein is that aspirin contributed to the incidence and severity of viral pathology, bacterial infection, and death, because physicians of the day were unaware that the regimens (8.0–31.2 g per day) produce levels associated with hyperventilation and pulmonary edema in 33% and 3% of recipients, respectively.
Already posted, see above...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals