Aspirin reduces symptom severity, COVID-19 mortality by half

haidut

Forum Supporter
Another great result for aspirin, which I suspect will not see much mainstream media publicity and will probably get censored the moment it hits my Twitter feed:): Be that as it may, at this point the evidence for available successful/effective treatments for COVID-19 becomes too big to ignore, which of course invalidates the legal rationale for EUA given to all those "innovative" vaccines...

https://www.generalsurgerynews.com/...on-by-Nearly-Half-For-COVID-19-Patients/64048
"...After adjusting for eight confounding variables including demographics and comorbidities, aspirin tended to provide a protective effect and was independently associated with a 44% decreased risk for mechanical ventilation, a 43% reduced risk for ICU admission and a 47% decrease in hospital mortality. In addition, there were no differences in major bleeding or overt thrombosis between the groups. The reason for not observing a lower rate of the latter may be the low number of reported events in each group or reporting bias from avoidance of diagnostic imaging. “The results of the study do not really surprise us because we know that COVID causes excess clot formation and we know that aspirin is a very potent blood thinner,” Dr. Chow said. “So when you have a disease that causes clots and a medication that thins your blood, that may lead to the protective effects that we found.”

"...Peter Papadakos, MD, the director of critical care medicine at the University of Rochester in New York, found the study results unexpected because previous research showed the benefit of aspirin in treating acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). “I am a firm believer that an aspirin a day keeps the doctor away,” he said. “Aspirin, which has been around for [more than a hundred] years, offers some positive anti-inflammatory effects in ARDS.”

"...Aspirin is also an anticoagulant. “One of the unique features of COVID-19 that we did not know early on is the microemboli that occur in lung tissue,” said Dr. Papadakos, noting that the anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant properties of aspirin make for an “ideal combination for COVID-19 therapy.”

Lizb

Another great result for aspirin, which I suspect will not see much mainstream media publicity and will probably get censored the moment it hits my Twitter feed:): Be that as it may, at this point the evidence for available successful/effective treatments for COVID-19 becomes too big to ignore, which of course invalidates the legal rationale for EUA given to all those "innovative" vaccines...

https://www.generalsurgerynews.com/...on-by-Nearly-Half-For-COVID-19-Patients/64048
"...After adjusting for eight confounding variables including demographics and comorbidities, aspirin tended to provide a protective effect and was independently associated with a 44% decreased risk for mechanical ventilation, a 43% reduced risk for ICU admission and a 47% decrease in hospital mortality. In addition, there were no differences in major bleeding or overt thrombosis between the groups. The reason for not observing a lower rate of the latter may be the low number of reported events in each group or reporting bias from avoidance of diagnostic imaging. “The results of the study do not really surprise us because we know that COVID causes excess clot formation and we know that aspirin is a very potent blood thinner,” Dr. Chow said. “So when you have a disease that causes clots and a medication that thins your blood, that may lead to the protective effects that we found.”

"...Peter Papadakos, MD, the director of critical care medicine at the University of Rochester in New York, found the study results unexpected because previous research showed the benefit of aspirin in treating acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). “I am a firm believer that an aspirin a day keeps the doctor away,” he said. “Aspirin, which has been around for [more than a hundred] years, offers some positive anti-inflammatory effects in ARDS.”

"...Aspirin is also an anticoagulant. “One of the unique features of COVID-19 that we did not know early on is the microemboli that occur in lung tissue,” said Dr. Papadakos, noting that the anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant properties of aspirin make for an “ideal combination for COVID-19 therapy.”
Any alternatives for the asthmatics among us?

Birdie

How much aspirin did they take?
I just found this from @Mauritio on an earlier thread:

Aspirin use reduces risk of death in hospitalized COVID-19 patients

This study shows that simply talking low dose aspirin 81mg , lowers the risk of dying from covid by 47% . I dont know why this isnt making headlines in the newspapers ...
I posted a study that showed an appropriate vitamin D level could reduce mortality by 50%
Vitamin D Levels Appear To Play Role In COVID-19 Mortality Rates
,so I wonder what would happen if you gave those patients low dose aspirin and a few thousand IUs of Vitamin D . Simple over the counter measures .My guess is that we would see a decrease of death rates by about 80%. Corona would be seen as less harmful, less lockdowns would be ordered , etc....
But instead they seem to like the status quo and rather keep searching for a vaccine.

Birdie

But I'd take more !! Much more. In fact, I do. I've had sciatica for 4 weeks and eventually got to taking two every 4 hours. Night and day. I kept thinking of the benefit beyond sciatica. I do already take HCQ on Sundays, and a little zinc, and vitamin D. I should be covered huh?

Lollipop2

But I'd take more !! Much more. In fact, I do. I've had sciatica for 4 weeks and eventually got to taking two every 4 hours. Night and day. I kept thinking of the benefit beyond sciatica. I do already take HCQ on Sundays, and a little zinc, and vitamin D. I should be covered huh?
Yep. You probably don’t even need the HCQ. Thyroid, Progest-e, Vit D, zinc, immune mushrooms, MB, Vit c gummies, lysine, milk and you would be fine.

Birdie

From Haidut's article above, we can wonder (surmise?) why aspirin use is not being widely touted:

"Other advantages of aspirin as a treatment for COVID-19 are that it is easily available worldwide, is very inexpensive, has a highly impressive safety profile and is already taken by many people prophylactically", said Dr. Papadakos.

@Fred

David90

@haidut

Great News regarding Aspirin. I Personally buyed a Big Size Package (80 Tablets) Two Weeks ago and use it sporadically. Buy it makes me also wonder, why it isn't in the Headlines in the News in General. But they are praying the Vaccine like some sort of ''One and Only-Solution''

This Picture in the Link, says everything:

They even Re-Write the Meaning of ''Herd Immunity''. Saying it is ONLY Achivable via Vaccine, which is nonsense.

David90

@haidut @Hans

I recently got Covid (?) and was in Quarantine from last Tuesday (05th April), till Tommorrow (12th April). I Seemed to have catched it on Thursday from out of nowhere (30th of March). I seem to have got infected in my own Working Place (from a Customer) or via Grocery Shopping, since i was not in the Gym this entire Week (Trained in the Home Gym) and was also not with my Girlfriend in this Week.

From Thursday (30th March) till the following Thursday (07th April), i was taking 1 Asprin (500mg) Daily with my Coffee and my Afternoon Meal. Because i'm unvaccinated, i have to do rapid tests at my workplace, every day (Covid 3G Working Regulations). And they came all back negative (despite having quite a few mild symptoms like light coughing, light runny nose, light chills/shivers, a light sore throat and so forth).

On my Test on Monday (04th April) i got tested positive on both Tests (Rapid and PCR....and I know these teste are both not meaningful...:rolleyes:) and this was the Heavyest Day of the Illness since it knocked me out quite a bit (heavy coughing, heavy running nose, heavy shivers and heavy sore throat with pain when swalloing and so forth). But on Tuesday (05th April) it suddenly started to get WAY better (like 180 Degrees) all of a sudden. Only the Cough has stayed, all other symptoms were gone. I think it was due to Aspirin inhibiting the virus.

Maybe upping it to 1g per day for 3-5 days (if the first symptoms appear) can do the Trick here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals