Diet Of Japanese Longevity Expert Who Lived To 105

milkboi

I find them a little less satisfying in texture but I still enjoy them. I stay sated for less time than with whole grains. White rice is the only refined grain I use at home, but I don't have strict rules when I'm out with people or anything. You can buy wholegrain sandwiches from most shops in the UK, too.

Wholegrains tend take a little more chewing so I understand why people might intuitively avoid them when rushing or stressed. I also think refined grains are partly why people become magnesium deficient quite easily - it's needed for carb handling but absent in refined grain.

Yeah interesting. If grains only were 0 PUFA, they'd definitely be a staple in my diet. :(

somuch4food

Have you considered it could just be good old fashioned luck? Avoiding any chronic stress or immune challenges and living life at their own pace.

Also consider ray peat style eating might not be 'the way' for everyone.

I've tried a ton of fad diets in desperation and after years of experience I'm certain wholegrains are good for me - I intuitively crave them, I love the texture and find them wholesome and satisfying. Varied and salted starches are my favourite foods.

I'm also veering towards more whole grains atm and less animal proteins. A more Ray peat inspired diet helped somewhat, but I've stalled lately and feel I haven't found what works best for me.

Yeah interesting. If grains only were 0 PUFA, they'd definitely be a staple in my diet. :(

Many here seem to have stopped worrying about those little sources of PUFA and try to find what they crave and feel best eating.

ExCarniv

Yeah I also enjoy grains, but the refined kind. How do they compare in your experience?

Same for me, I'm re introducing white bread from non fortified flours and feel good on them, but not everyday on every meal like I used to, and always paired with protein.

I think our ancestors do it well by refining grains, they had a purpose, everytime I eat a whole grains (whole wheat, brown rice, oats) I have stomach discomforts, pains, bloating, dandruff, while refined ones are really easy to digest and no issues.

I supplement Magnesium so I don't have problems with depletion.

God, you are dumb. You must be foreigners with low comprehension of English. I said majority of people living to be 100 did so without trying to do so, they didn't diet or take supplements or watched what they ate, from what I've seen. That's good genes. Of course if you don't have those genes, you can prolong your life by eating for your genes and taking the right supplements , doing the right activities.

My point is not even about living to be 100, but about living daily life feeling great, happy, low stress and enjoying tasty foods you actually enjoy eating, not having to avoid foods. Those who can do that and not have adverse effects have better genes than both you and me. Now stfu.
Just because they don't try to be healthy, it doesn't mean their habits aren't healthy. If your parents and friends have similar habits, you'll probably develop some of them yourself. Living a calm, stress- free life doing what you want to do is extremely beneficial.

So you see that they didn't diet or take supplements and, based on just that, you throw your hands in the air and say " it's gotta be genes". Yeah, lets just ignore everything in their environment and just keep it simple: it's genes( still no proof).

Not funny , but if they don't diet and eat everything, smoke, eat sausages, eat lots of meat and starches, beans etc and they live to be 100+ almost never getting sick, what is it? What is it if it's not their genes?
That was pretty funny.

So what do you advocate? A vegan diet?

Protein is very important for old people. Insufficient protein will cause weak bones and muscles. Meat also contains lots of b- vitamins, as well as zinc. Sausage, as far as I know, has a significant amount of collagen.

Starch isn't incompatible with good health, according to Ray, so the fact that they can eat starch and be healthy isn't a contradiction, and it doesn't point to genes being the most important thing for longevity.

If it's not their genes, it's the environment.

Make me.

thomas00

these folk who live extraordinarily long lives always seem to have good starts in life, not born stressed or subjected to huge stress during childhood and formative years

milkboi

these folk who live extraordinarily long lives always seem to have good starts in life, not born stressed or subjected to huge stress during childhood and formative years

That is a good point. I don't have a great start in life (I have things going for me, sure, but also quite a few ones against me) and to gain access to a reasonable amount of wealth I have to subject myself to a lot of stressors. This will probably limit my longevity potential. Although I think we are on a good path towards reversing illness and aging in general on this forum, so who knows, maybe we will be able to make up for our early disadvantage.

ExCarniv

That is a good point. I don't have a great start in life (I have things going for me, sure, but also quite a few ones against me) and to gain access to a reasonable amount of wealth I have to subject myself to a lot of stressors. This will probably limit my longevity potential. Although I think we are on a good path towards reversing illness and aging in general on this forum, so who knows, maybe we will be able to make up for our early disadvantage.

I'd focus on live well right now rather to live to 100s.

I'd prefer to live a good life to 75 rather that live miserable till 100.

milkboi

I'd focus on live well right now rather to live to 100s.

I'd prefer to live a good life to 75 rather that live miserable till 100.

Sure I do that. And yeah I totally agree with your point, all the excessive resting I did to recover from my bad habits leading to the relatively bad health I'm in right now didn't do me good, as it only lead me to withdraw from life. Although I still try to live as healthily while striving to achieve my goals. The better your health is the more you can enjoy the life circumstances you are in right now. So I guess it's a balancing act, like so many things in life.

boris

@Hgreen56

Sorry, I was wrong about the amount. He said 1-2 TEAspoons.

Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D - Lots of Great Insights on the Critical Functions of Thyroid and Much More - January 24, 2019 | One Radio Network
@8:30 „it’s about 8 or 10 or 11% PUFA, the rest of it is very good fat, so if you hold it down to 1 or 2 teaspoons per day you‘re safe“

Unsaturated Vegetable Oils: Toxic
„Coconut and olive oil are the only vegetable oils that are really safe...“

„Olive oil, though it is somewhat fattening, is less fattening than corn or soy oil, and contains an antioxidant which makes it protective against heart disease and cancer.“

Last edited:

gaze

@Hgreen56

Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D - Lots of Great Insights on the Critical Functions of Thyroid and Much More - January 24, 2019 | One Radio Network
@8:30 „it’s about 8 or 10 or 11% PUFA, the rest of it is very good fat, so if you hold it down to 1 or 2 teaspoons per day you‘re safe“

„Olive oil, though it is somewhat fattening, is less fattening than corn or soy oil, and contains an antioxidant which makes it protective against heart disease and cancer.“

He also mentioned it alongside carrot and mushrooms as having antibiotic effects and often recommends the carrot salad with olive oil instead of coconut

Hgreen56

@Hgreen56

thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals