World's Oldest Man Credits Longevity To Anacin And Bananas

answersfound

Recently, I came across the following post by Haidut citing how caffeine prevents gastric injury from aspirin.

viewtopic.php?t=5819

I did some research and came across a drug called Anacin, which contains the following ingredients:

Anacin Regular Strength - contains 400 mg ASA (aspirin) and 32 mg caffeine per tablet.
Anacin Extra Strength - contains 500 mg ASA and 32 mg caffeine per tablet.

The inactive ingredients include:

corn starch, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate

I've been taking about 2-3 Regular Strength Anacin tablets per day and have not noticed any of the problems I experienced when taking regular Aspirin of the same amount. Anacin makes me feel great, whereas the generic aspirin sometimes felt like it was eating away at my stomach.

After doing some research, I also came across this article about a man who credits his longevity to eating bananas and taking Anacin tablets on a daily basis.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/worlds-oldest- ... d=19779550

haidut

Forum Supporter
answersfound said:
Recently, I came across the following post by Haidut citing how caffeine prevents gastric injury from aspirin.

viewtopic.php?t=5819

I did some research and came across a drug called Anacin, which contains the following ingredients:

Anacin Regular Strength - contains 400 mg ASA (aspirin) and 32 mg caffeine per tablet.

corn starch, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate

I've been taking about 2-3 Regular Strength Anacin tablets per day and have not noticed any of the problems I experienced when taking regular Aspirin of the same amount. Anacin makes me feel great, whereas the generic aspirin sometimes felt like it was eating away at my stomach.

After doing some research, I also came across this article about a man who credits his longevity to eating bananas and taking Anacin tablets on a daily basis.

I am not surprised, even though there are probably other factors at play. In animal models both aspirin and caffeine extend lifespan, with caffeine increasing maximum lifespan by 50%+. Combined with aspirin it is probably synergistic.

4peatssake

answersfound said:

viewtopic.php?t=5819

Some pretty nasty excipients in the anacin, sadly.
haidut? :lol: jk

Ray Peat said:
In the 1940s, carrageenan, a polysaccharide made from a type of seaweed, was recognized as a dangerous allergen. Since then it has become a standard laboratory material to use to produce in-flammatory tumors (granulomas), immunodeficiency, arthritis, and other in-flammations. It has also become an increasingly common material in the food industry. Articles are often written to praise its usefulness and to claim that it doesn't produce cancer in healthy animals. Its presence in food, like that of the polyester imitation fat, microcrystalline cellulose, and many other polymers used to stabilize emulsions or to increase smoothness, is often justified by the doctrine that these molecules are too large to be absorbed. There are two points that are deliberately ignored by the food-safety regulators, 1) these materials can interact dangerously with intestinal bacteria, and 2) they can be absorbed, in the process called "persorption."

Dan Wich said:
Dan Wich said:
[...]I'm trying to determine how safe hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hypromellose) is. It has many studies supporting its safety, but I've noticed that most of them were run by the same people in a small time period, which makes me suspicious. Do you think a person should avoid small amounts of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose?

Ray Peat said:
I think it's good to avoid it when possible; there's an article by Gerhart Volkheimer, on persorption, that explains how particulate matter of all sorts can enter the blood stream from the intestine.

David Suzuki said:
PEGs (polyethylene glycols) are petroleum-based compounds that are widely used in cosmetics as thickeners, solvents, softeners, and moisture-carriers. PEGs are commonly used as cosmetic cream bases. They are also used in pharmaceuticals as laxatives.

XPlus

Great read 4PS
Thanks

OP
A

answersfound

4peatssake said:
answersfound said:

viewtopic.php?t=5819

Some pretty nasty excipients in the anacin, sadly.
haidut? :lol: jk

Ray Peat said:
In the 1940s, carrageenan, a polysaccharide made from a type of seaweed, was recognized as a dangerous allergen. Since then it has become a standard laboratory material to use to produce in-flammatory tumors (granulomas), immunodeficiency, arthritis, and other in-flammations. It has also become an increasingly common material in the food industry. Articles are often written to praise its usefulness and to claim that it doesn't produce cancer in healthy animals. Its presence in food, like that of the polyester imitation fat, microcrystalline cellulose, and many other polymers used to stabilize emulsions or to increase smoothness, is often justified by the doctrine that these molecules are too large to be absorbed. There are two points that are deliberately ignored by the food-safety regulators, 1) these materials can interact dangerously with intestinal bacteria, and 2) they can be absorbed, in the process called "persorption."

Dan Wich said:
Dan Wich said:
[...]I'm trying to determine how safe hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hypromellose) is. It has many studies supporting its safety, but I've noticed that most of them were run by the same people in a small time period, which makes me suspicious. Do you think a person should avoid small amounts of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose?

Ray Peat said:
I think it's good to avoid it when possible; there's an article by Gerhart Volkheimer, on persorption, that explains how particulate matter of all sorts can enter the blood stream from the intestine.

David Suzuki said:
PEGs (polyethylene glycols) are petroleum-based compounds that are widely used in cosmetics as thickeners, solvents, softeners, and moisture-carriers. PEGs are commonly used as cosmetic cream bases. They are also used in pharmaceuticals as laxatives.

Wow. Thank you for this!

Mike1234

haidut said:
I am not surprised, even though there are probably other factors at play. In animal models both aspirin and caffeine extend lifespan, with caffeine increasing maximum lifespan by 50%+. Combined with aspirin it is probably synergistic.

Yup, only thing is I hate the way coffee stained my teeth so I had to stop. I take 200mg caffeine pills now which really hit you like a truck ( I did two once after a small break from caffeine, felt like a did a line ). Wonder if there's anything major I'm missing from actual coffee as far a health benefits because I much prefer the pills.

I wonder what the long term effects of ephedrine use are. it's quite effective and popular when paired with caffeine ( they are VERY synergistic) for raising RMR.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Mike1234 said:
haidut said:

Yup, only thing is I hate the way coffee stained my teeth so I had to stop. I take 200mg caffeine pills now which really hit you like a truck ( I did two once after a small break from caffeine, felt like a did a line ). Wonder if there's anything major I'm missing from actual coffee as far a health benefits because I much prefer the pills.

I wonder what the long term effects of ephedrine use are. it's quite effective and popular when paired with caffeine ( they are VERY synergistic) for raising RMR.

Epherdine is very adrenergic, even in people with good glycogen stores. So, it really burns fat through stress, so exercise is probably safer than taking ephedrine. Caffeine in human equivalent doses of 750mg - 800mg causes greater weight loss than ephedrine in rat and mice models.

RPDiciple

haidut said:
Mike1234 said:
haidut said:

Epherdine is very adrenergic, even in people with good glycogen stores. So, it really burns fat through stress, so exercise is probably safer than taking ephedrine. Caffeine in human equivalent doses of 750mg - 800mg causes greater weight loss than ephedrine in rat and mice models.

I have taken ephedrine a couple of times, i dont notice much from it. I dont notice much from caffeine either. Whats wrong with me?

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
haidut said:
Mike1234 said:
haidut said:

I have taken ephedrine a couple of times, i dont notice much from it. I dont notice much from caffeine either. Whats wrong with me?

Probably nothing is wrong. Or you have heavily downregulated beta adrenergic receptor system. It can happen from running on adrenalin for a long time or using adrenergic drugs like ephedrine and clenbuterol.

Mike1234

haidut said:

When you say burns fat through stress, what do you mean by that?

I also have a more personal question. How many mg of caffeine do you consume per day generally? I've been on 200-600 mg and once 600mg starts to not do much due to tolerance I take 3-4 painful days off and start all over. Any advice?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Mike1234 said:
haidut said:

When you say burns fat through stress, what do you mean by that?

I also have a more personal question. How many mg of caffeine do you consume per day generally? I've been on 200-600 mg and once 600mg starts to not do much due to tolerance I take 3-4 painful days off and start all over. Any advice?

I mean burning fat due to high adrenalin is considered a stress reaction by Peat. Ideally, fat should be burned by muscles at rest.
I take caffeine as needed. Some days I get by on 200mg, other days I take 1,000mg+ if I feel I can handle it. In general, taking more than 200mg at once is probably too much for most people, so divided doses 4-5 hours apart are needed to get high daily intake.

RPDiciple

haidut said:
RPDiciple said:
haidut said:
Mike1234 said:
haidut said:

Probably nothing is wrong. Or you have heavily downregulated beta adrenergic receptor system. It can happen from running on adrenalin for a long time or using adrenergic drugs like ephedrine and clenbuterol.

Get you. How do i fix this then? :) or reset it

Peata

I like Anacin. It's the only aspirin product that doesn't bother my stomach, and the pills are smaller than some I take and easier to swallow. Seems like it works better for pain than plain aspirin too.

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
haidut said:
RPDiciple said:
haidut said:
Mike1234 said:
haidut said:

Get you. How do i fix this then? :) or reset it

Well, don't run on stress hormones:): On a more serious note, theanine has been shown to restore the balance between thyroid and adrenal systems, which are heavily disregulated in conditions like PTSD. I think the human equivalent dose was something like 600mg daily taken for a month.

Frankdee20

Well, don't run on stress hormones:): On a more serious note, theanine has been shown to restore the balance between thyroid and adrenal systems, which are heavily disregulated in conditions like PTSD. I think the human equivalent dose was something like 600mg daily taken for a month.

Some Theanine products are less expensive than others, and I wonder if the cheap ones use a mixture of D,L isomers. Does anyone know if this matters ? Yes, I resurrected a dead thread by asking a completely different question, making this a transmutated one.

Sepulchrave

The excipients are bad. Dissolve the pills in water and leave the sediment behind, or buy pure aspirin powder online.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom