Why did ray peat die at 86? Serious

andrewlee224

Because he was poor. He didn’t value money. Had he Had money he could have proably lived much longer. That’s my theory.
I actually had the same thought but didn't want to hypothesize too much.
There is an inflation crisis too, maintaining a proper Peaty diet is expensive, not to mention the multitude of supplements/substances he found beneficial throughout his research.
Anyway, whatever the reason, it's a shame. I wished him (and every other good person) as many healthy years as possible, and I hoped that he could really show that his principles can lead to an extremely long life and regeneration (which I still believe is possible). His principles seem the most logically sound out of all other approaches to health. Granted, to keep the diet/environment as close to ideal takes time, effort, and considerable financial resources too.

andrewlee224

the point....breathing fresh air, enjoying sun, eating tasty food, sleeping well , meditating... I can do that for ever :) 100 years , 1000years...no limits
Fully agree and I'm surprised there are so many opposite voices on this forum in particular. "Who wants to live", "meant to die", lol.
Peat said "being alive is good for you" and ""I have never seen evidence that they contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible."

JamesGatz

Did Ray's spectacles finish him off?
If you want the truth.... yes

Glasses are ONE of the several stressors Ray was dealing with on a daily basis - stressors are ALL ACUMULATIVE

He said so himself - exposing yourself to minor stressors for long periods of time IS WORSE than being exposed to a large stressor for only a short period of time

THE BODY REQUIRES time to heal

Apple

The death of old people, which has often been described as natural death, is in most cases due to infectious diseases, like pneumonia (which is extremely dangerous) or to attacks of apoplexy. True natural death must be very rare in the human race. Demange has described it as follows:—“Arrived at extreme old age, and still preserving the last flickers of an expiring intelligence, the old man feels weakness gaining on him from day to day. His limbs refuse to obey his will, the skin becomes insensitive, dry, and cold; the extremities lose their warmth; the face is thin; the eyes hollow and the sight weak; speech dies out on his lips which remain open; life quits the old man from the circumference towards the centre; breathing grows laboured, and at last the heart stops beating. The old man passes away quietly, seeming to fall asleep for the last time.” Such is the course of what properly speaking is natural death.

summergirl

Glasses are ONE of the several stressors Ray was dealing with on a daily basis - stressors are ALL ACUMULATIVE

He said so himself - exposing yourself to minor stressors for long periods of time IS WORSE than being exposed to a large stressor for only a short period of time

How are glasses a stressor?

yerrag

Keep it up. I need this as I've stopped reading a lot of mainstream press.

Need to stay sharp on my toes. This is a needed mind stressor. The hormetic kind. For 4G warfare.

yerrag

The death of old people, which has often been described as natural death, is in most cases due to infectious diseases, like pneumonia (which is extremely dangerous) or to attacks of apoplexy. True natural death must be very rare in the human race. Demange has described it as follows:—“Arrived at extreme old age, and still preserving the last flickers of an expiring intelligence, the old man feels weakness gaining on him from day to day. His limbs refuse to obey his will, the skin becomes insensitive, dry, and cold; the extremities lose their warmth; the face is thin; the eyes hollow and the sight weak; speech dies out on his lips which remain open; life quits the old man from the circumference towards the centre; breathing grows laboured, and at last the heart stops beating. The old man passes away quietly, seeming to fall asleep for the last time.” Such is the course of what properly speaking is natural death.
Very much so.

Pneumonia. And...

...Sepsis

And the real cause of these is infection. Overwhelming amount of it the body cannot overcome. Because of low energy from very low metabolism.

And the low metabolism is caused by, tada, infection.

Apple

It coinsided with Christmas Eve. He probably binged on turkey that day, like Old Tom Parr, change in foods caused his system to fail...

Wizard of Wind

Same question as summergirl: why are glasses a stressor?

I've been wearing for a vast majority of my life so far, and I haven't ever thought of them as anything that could add stress. So why do you think so?

dukesbobby777

Appreciate the gaslighting but I don't think you know what you're talking about and ive talked to SEVERAL people that have experienced the effects of this technology including the mind control stuff, you honestly think a country that DGAF about its people who force people to get risky vaccinations in Canada they allow people euthanize themselves from DEPRESSION but experimenting with microwave energy on its citizens is somehow impossible and simply a "mental illness". Bill Clinton admitted to the fact that we had been experimenting on people and the only think that really happened was an apology. So you calling it trolling is naive at best and dishonest at worst -- they have funds to literally track us nonstop and literally have 10s of thousands of people on the terrorist "watch list" who have zero affiliation to anything but its about authoritarian power.

Do you work for the government? :tearsofjoy:

Gaslighting, haha. Like I care who you are or what you do. Sorry to break this to you, but you aren't very important. I know. Thats a tough one for you to chew.

Enjoy your paranoid and deluded life.

Apple

It was November wasn't it?
Ray Peat reportedly died on Thanksgiving Day, November 24th Thursday , 2022.
Hmmm...and we found out about it only in January 2023 ?

Last edited:

Jessie

Gaslighting, haha. Like I care who you are or what you do. Sorry to break this to you, but you aren't very important. I know. Thats a tough one for you to chew.

Enjoy your paranoid and deluded life.
I agree with your basic assertion that Ray wasn't "killed." There's almost nothing in his work that would be of vital interest for global adversaries to suppress. We're talking hormones here. Writing about progesterone is very different from developing anti-gravity tech, lol. It's bewildering to me when certain folks rather pin a grand conspiracy of sorts when the simplest of explanations is usually correct 99.9999% of the time.

In the case of Ray, that simplest of truths was he got old. When people get old, they generally die. It's somewhat unfortunate a guy that studied hormones ended up making a name for himself in the internet healthsphere. Because when that happens everyone is expecting the individual to be like 120 before they die, lol.

Good diet and modern medicine can carry people to their 80s, maybe 90s if they're lucky. But 112 or 114 is just genetic lottery. No one likes the genetic card because it's something they can't control, but it's a fact of life. Good genetics is that proverbial "cherry on top" that compliments reasonable lifestyle choices.

lilsticky

Attachments

• nfyro13vxyk01.jpg
    nfyro13vxyk01.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 23
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals