Why did ray peat die at 86? Serious

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
Why did ray peat die of what seems to be a stroke at 86
many ppl who dont care about their health at all outlived ray peat

this makes me distrust ray peat stuff since the only endpoint in a lifetime of ray peat dieting was dead at 86

86 isnt a bad age but he pretty much dedicated his life to longevity and didnt come close to beat male average on blue zones(88 or so)

many of the guys who did big science stuff lived long gilbert ling around 100, Fred Kummerow 102, ancel keys a bit more then a 100 i think, gv man around 96, guys like uffe ravnskov still alive at around 88

the list goes on and on
Knievel died of hepatitis, so what’s your point? I’m surprised he made it this far considering the experiments he tested on himself.

Borz

Forum Supporter
what's the point of living 150 years on this dumb planet? what's important is living well and dying peacefully. Dying in your sleep must be the best kind of death. 87 years is enough. you assume death only comes down to one's health, but there are so many things we don't know about our existence.

that male average death age you mention (88 or so), most of those people are on 20 different medications, that's how they are staying alive, and staying alive miserably, that’s not living. Ray wasn’t miserable, and he wasn’t on a bunch of meds. my grandparents lived to around 90 or so, but lived their last 15 years in a totally miserable way health-wise, they were on tons of meds, had all kinds of diseases.

Here’s what Sadhguru says about living to 84, I found it interesting:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5EvhpC6yG8

yerrag

Why did ray peat die of what seems to be a stroke at 86

many ppl who dont care about their health at all outlived ray peat

this makes me distrust ray peat stuff since the only endpoint in a lifetime of ray peat dieting was dead at 86

86 isnt a bad age but he pretty much dedicated his life to longevity and didnt come close to beat male average on blue zones(88 or so)

many of the guys who did big science stuff lived long gilbert ling around 100, Fred Kummerow 102, ancel keys a bit more then a 100 i think, gv man around 96, guys like uffe ravnskov still alive at around 88

the list goes on and on
Since the field of health is very much gamed, and lies abound, ever since the Flexner Report came about and abolished competing schools of health, it has been difficult for anyone to gain clarity in what is and what isn't, in terms of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and in curing disease.

It would be safe to say that for Peat to be motivated into delving deep into the literature to expose the lies in the medical field, he had to have health issues that even doctors in his prime of life (twenties and thirties in age) have found difficulty in curing. And Ray would have spent those years in relative obscurity. In those years he had to fend for his needs, as he wasn't rich, as he didn't choose a well-paying job for academia and research institutions, much less pharmaceutical companies- because the search for truth was more important to him.

It wasn't until his late forties or early fifties that he began to have a following, but even then it took awhile for his newsletter income to show a substantial income stream.

Since he was born into the land of plenty, and this includes the big lies of media and academia, he was soiled with this original sin, which he couldn't totally shed as much as he tried. He couldn't get rid of his allergy to plant proteins, for example, and his writings would show his penchant to warn readers to stay away from plant proteins. He would warn of such in mature coconut flesh, which I would brush off as I don't experience it. To me, that shows that his metabolism may not be that optimal, as the closer to optimal it is, the less one would be susceptible to allergenic insults.

Even though Ray understands the value of optimal metabolism, he would still be unable to achieve that. For someone as busy as he was doing research, and for someone with a newsletter audience to feed with the fruits of his research, it would be hard to allocate time for his own health as much as he would wanted to. He didn't do long 10,000 step/day walks nor does he do strength training, much less go to a gym. He would just do chores, but even so I imagine that isn't much at all given how much literature he has to go through.

One bad habit of his I believe that he developed over those years of struggle is that he's been able to make do without taking diagnostic tests. He would just rely mainly on feel. While many tests are decidedly bogus, such as the COVID RT-PCR, many are useful and could serve as early warning signals that relying on feel could not. It just takes one mistake of missing a warning signal, only one sentinel moment, and one goes to the next world. There is no second chance opportunity.

If Ray knew everything already there was to know, he would not need to rely on diagnostic testing. But his understanding is very much spot on only when it comes to the metabolic aspect of health. But the one Achilles Heel he has he could not overcome. He was imprinted with the belief of the existence of virus when he came of age, and that belief stuck with him. And that is a tragedy. His understanding on microbes still leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound all conspiracy-ey but is it possible he was done away with by the powers that be?

His outlook definitely was anti-thetical to the new world agenda.

Also, they can induce strokes, heart attacks, etc. easily with directed energy weapons via satellite

I have direct experience of this

Aad

Let the man rest in peace already with our Lord.

Geez! Enough with these brain dead topics!

area51puy

Forum Supporter
He accumulated knowledge throughout a lifetime, he wasn’t born with this knowledge.

Think of all the place you been ,ate , breathed drank. You could of lived in house that had some chemical that will take 15 years off your life. The water you bathed in. Etc a billion things effect your health for good and bad and as ray progress throughout his life he tried to accumulate as much knowledge as he could and remember without the internet.

So who knows if he had all of his knowledge at the end of his life at 18 he might of lived to 150. And maybe if he didn’t have any of it he could died at 39 of a heart attack. But the one thing is you have thousands of people that have been helped by his advice. We are all look for the secrets of the universe and ray peat saved 86 years of labor. So it’s ok to question what he was missing and it’s out jobs to find the missing pieces now that he is gone.

Last edited:

-Luke-

- Can you confirm he died from a stroke? I haven't been able to, yet everyone keeps saying this.
I think this was pure speculation from Timpone. He did a show with Atom Bergstrom after his death and they talked about how nobody even knew about his (Ray Peat's) wife/girlfriend. If Patrick was not in contact with his wife, where would he get such "inside information"?

Patrick is a good guy, but he likes to talk.

Apple

what's the point of living 150 years on this dumb planet? what's important is living well and dying peacefully. Dying in your sleep must be the best kind of death. 87 years is enough. you assume death only comes down to one's health, but there are so many things we don't know about our existence.
This all says about your metabolic status.
Ask youself...why young people never think about dying or think they are going to liver for ever. Because they are healthy...

Fred

There's a reason studies don't generally consist of one test subject.

davidgraham

The only aspect Ray peat missed in my opinion was the emotional component to health. John sarno was a pioneer in this field lived to 96 I think. Neuroplasticity is powerful. Emotions can seriously impact physical health.

Apart from neuroplasticity Ray peat was incredibly smart intelligent and fascinating individual. Nobody knows Ray's younger years his health, nutrion, stress etc he could have died much younger. To live to the age of 86 whith no cancer heart disease or any other serious health complications to me is an incredible testiment.

Nomane Euger

The only aspect Ray peat missed in my opinion was the emotional component to health. John sarno was a pioneer in this field lived to 96 I think. Neuroplasticity is powerful. Emotions can seriously impact physical health.

Apart from neuroplasticity Ray peat was incredibly smart intelligent and fascinating individual. Nobody knows Ray's younger years his health, nutrion, stress etc he could have died much younger. To live to the age of 86 whith no cancer heart disease or any other serious health complications to me is an incredible testiment.
hi,i suggest he did not miss it at all,on the contrary,he mentionned things about feelings/emotions that i have only heard him mentionned among internet influenceurs,

what do you think he didnt talk/know about?

Runenight201

Since the field of health is very much gamed, and lies abound, ever since the Flexner Report came about and abolished competing schools of health, it has been difficult for anyone to gain clarity in what is and what isn't, in terms of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and in curing disease.

It would be safe to say that for Peat to be motivated into delving deep into the literature to expose the lies in the medical field, he had to have health issues that even doctors in his prime of life (twenties and thirties in age) have found difficulty in curing. And Ray would have spent those years in relative obscurity. In those years he had to fend for his needs, as he wasn't rich, as he didn't choose a well-paying job for academia and research institutions, much less pharmaceutical companies- because the search for truth was more important to him.

It wasn't until his late forties or early fifties that he began to have a following, but even then it took awhile for his newsletter income to show a substantial income stream.

Since he was born into the land of plenty, and this includes the big lies of media and academia, he was soiled with this original sin, which he couldn't totally shed as much as he tried. He couldn't get rid of his allergy to plant proteins, for example, and his writings would show his penchant to warn readers to stay away from plant proteins. He would warn of such in mature coconut flesh, which I would brush off as I don't experience it. To me, that shows that his metabolism may not be that optimal, as the closer to optimal it is, the less one would be susceptible to allergenic insults.

Even though Ray understands the value of optimal metabolism, he would still be unable to achieve that. For someone as busy as he was doing research, and for someone with a newsletter audience to feed with the fruits of his research, it would be hard to allocate time for his own health as much as he would wanted to. He didn't do long 10,000 step/day walks nor does he do strength training, much less go to a gym. He would just do chores, but even so I imagine that isn't much at all given how much literature he has to go through.

One bad habit of his I believe that he developed over those years of struggle is that he's been able to make do without taking diagnostic tests. He would just rely mainly on feel. While many tests are decidedly bogus, such as the COVID RT-PCR, many are useful and could serve as early warning signals that relying on feel could not. It just takes one mistake of missing a warning signal, only one sentinel moment, and one goes to the next world. There is no second chance opportunity.

If Ray knew everything already there was to know, he would not need to rely on diagnostic testing. But his understanding is very much spot on only when it comes to the metabolic aspect of health. But the one Achilles Heel he has he could not overcome. He was imprinted with the belief of the existence of virus when he came of age, and that belief stuck with him. And that is a tragedy. His understanding on microbes still leaves much to be desired.

Can you expand on this virus angle? Are you talking about COVID or some other viral infection?

Also living to 86 is pretty good imo. Jesús I’ve had friends die at 30 of health related issues. If I make it to 70+ I’ll be considering MAID. Pretty much once I can no longer take care of myself what’s really the point anymore imo. We can’t live forever. Make peace with what you have and take your eternal rest.

Believe it or not, it is possible for people to die at earlier ages than others due to factors unrelated to lifestyle like genetics.

Nebula

Its unlikely I will make it to 86 even obsessing over life extension hacks. I'm 6'5'. Rare us tall guys live that long. I'm focused more on maximizing my vitality now and making the most of it to leave the mark I'd like to. If that helps me live longer than normal that's great, but I'm not counting on it. I admire what Ray accomplished with the vitality he cultivated in his 40''s-80's. It seems he gave himself a powerful enough second wind to accomplish the goals he had for his life starting from damaged health. I don't think extreme longevity of his own body was ever his priority goal. His focus was more on experimentation for what could improve bioenergetics of humanity for the most people and have the greatest impact on the trajectory of culture and politics.

yerrag

Can you expand on this virus angle? Are you talking about COVID or some other viral infection?
Can you be more specific?

Also living to 86 is pretty good imo. Jesús I’ve had friends die at 30 of health related issues. If I make it to 70+ I’ll be considering MAID. Pretty much once I can no longer take care of myself what’s really the point anymore imo. We can’t live forever. Make peace with what you have and take your eternal rest.
If you're pretty useless and feel a need to die ahead of everyone else, no one will miss you. But if you're great and have a lot more to give in the service of mankind, you will certainly be missed by more than just your family. Ray was very giving, and what he gave in his lifetime benefited all of us greatly. It is hard to find someone like him. He still had much more to give. Especially at his ripe old age, he is in a much better position to connect more dots, and to synthesize them together and share with us his discoveries. No need for you to equate him to you. He is bigger than you or I.

Runenight201

Can you be more specific?

If you're pretty useless and feel a need to die ahead of everyone else, no one will miss you. But if you're great and have a lot more to give in the service of mankind, you will certainly be missed by more than just your family. Ray was very giving, and what he gave in his lifetime benefited all of us greatly. It is hard to find someone like him. He still had much more to give. Especially at his ripe old age, he is in a much better position to connect more dots, and to synthesize them together and share with us his discoveries. No need for you to equate him to you. He is bigger than you or I.

So if I’m reading you correctly you’re saying viruses don’t exist, Peat believed they did, and that’s the one flaw in his whole ideology? I don’t think you’re saying that that’s what killed him tho.

Ultimately he’s 6ft under, just like the rest of us will be. But I didn’t consider how if you’re a service to others than it’d make sense to live longer, to help more people out.

dukesbobby777

I don't want to sound all conspiracy-ey but is it possible he was done away with by the powers that be?

His outlook definitely was anti-thetical to the new world agenda.

Also, they can induce strokes, heart attacks, etc. easily with directed energy weapons via satellite

I have direct experience of this

That is often a popular idea on this forum, but Ray Peat and his followers are no threat at all to the powers that be. If this was a huge movement, then yes, I could understand it being a threat. In the grand scheme of things, quite honestly, nobody cares about Ray Peat or the Ray Peat Forum.

Also, with the directed energy thing. If you've pissed somebody off, why would they not just give you a fatal heart attack straight away instead of wasting years of their own life trolling you? I used to be like you. Thinking that people were using that stuff against me. But after doing night shifts, and realising that these physical sensations are 24/7, random, and have no logic, I've come to realise that these sensations are just my own deranged central nervous system (which is screwed following my previous drug abuse). Saying that, I had three acute psychotic episodes over a period of weeks, and since then I've been left with the physical changes. In schizophrenia, these things are classed as 'tactile hallucinations'.

wooly

Ray lived to probably something like 150 in Peat-years. High metabolism makes time slow down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals