Why did ray peat die at 86? Serious

MasterjohnFAN

Why did ray peat die of what seems to be a stroke at 86

many ppl who dont care about their health at all outlived ray peat

this makes me distrust ray peat stuff since the only endpoint in a lifetime of ray peat dieting was dead at 86

86 isnt a bad age but he pretty much dedicated his life to longevity and didnt come close to beat male average on blue zones(88 or so)

many of the guys who did big science stuff lived long gilbert ling around 100, Fred Kummerow 102, ancel keys a bit more then a 100 i think, gv man around 96, guys like uffe ravnskov still alive at around 88

the list goes on and on

Momma

Why did ray peat die of what seems to be a stroke at 86

many ppl who dont care about their health at all outlived ray peat

this makes me distrust ray peat stuff since the only endpoint in a lifetime of ray peat dieting was dead at 86

86 isnt a bad age but he pretty much dedicated his life to longevity and didnt come close to beat male average on blue zones(88 or so)
Bye. Enjoy Chris’ forum.

Edit: i think you are the same poster that called us stupid.

Momma

I didnt know there was a chris materjohn forum im joining

OP
M

MasterjohnFAN

There's already a thread about this that has stirred up enough controversy
I read he died of a stroke or something according to some patrick radio guy probably on that thread, and some vocal cord issues and some dieting experiments that may or may not have killed him

some of the defenses
- epigentic factors
- he was sick when young
- he would have died younger if he didnt do diet stuff
- the protein shedding from covid 19 vaccines killed him
- something about smoke in oregon

Jessie

Several things to address here:

- Can you confirm he died from a stroke? I haven't been able to, yet everyone keeps saying this.

- Ray has dealt with health problems in his life, particularly in his younger years. To say he spent a "lifetime" living optimally wouldn't best represent the reality of his life in my opinion.

- Gilbert Ling and Kummerow literally had overlapping views with Peat. Doctor William Lands is also very anti-PUFA, and last time I checked he was 94 (I don't know his current status though). So pretty much everyone (including Peat) lived past life expectancy.

- Be specific about what you find "distrusting" about Ray's work. Is it the anti-PUFA stuff? Then you might as well distrust Gilbert Ling and Fred Kummerow as well. Is it the pro-sugar stuff? Because the Bluezones also focus on a carb-centric diet. Is it his work on serotonin? Progesterone? Thyroid?...You get my point here? Saying you find his work "distrusting" then mention others who literally share commonalities is quite confusing, at least in the vague sense. Be more specific.

OP
M

MasterjohnFAN

Several things to address here:

- Can you confirm he died from a stroke? I haven't been able to, yet everyone keeps saying this.

- Ray has dealt with health problems in his life, particularly in his younger years. To say he spent a "lifetime" living optimally wouldn't best represent the reality of his life in my opinion.

- Gilbert Ling and Kummerow literally had overlapping views with Peat. Doctor William Lands is also very anti-PUFA, and last time I checked he was 94 (I don't know his current status though). So pretty much everyone (including Peat) lived past life expectancy.

- Be specific about what you find "distrusting" about Ray's work. Is it the anti-PUFA stuff? Then you might as well distrust Gilbert Ling and Fred Kummerow as well. Is it the pro-sugar stuff? Because the Bluezones also focus on a carb-centric diet. Is it his work on serotonin? Progesterone? Thyroid?...You get my point here? Saying you find his work "distrusting" then mention others who literally share commonalities is quite confusing, at least in the vague sense. Be more specific.
I cant confirm from a storke it just seems like the most likley one from sorta credible sources

I already brought that one up as defenses of his death

yes i didn't use them to discredit peat actually to iron-man his death as some people sorta somehow similar to him had good life length

bluezones eat 3-10% added sugar but the rest is like grainy legume stuff and 5-31% animal product, they just have a sorta traditional life so they benefit from that one, some eat a lot of dairy so u could talk about that one maybe. Anyone could make bluezones to support their argument as long as their lifestyle ideology isnt retarded.

what i distrust is eating like u have autism in a unnatural way of looooaaads of sugar, btw ling didnt eat red meat i think and kummerow was afraid of sugar like it was the devil

so even if i iron man ray peat the guys who was maybe sorta like him wasnt like him at all, since they was all afraid of sugar and even meat to some extent

im being fair here

Apple

I've never heard of William Lands.
William E.M. Lands (born July 22, 1930, age 92 years) is an American nutritional biochemist who is among the world's foremost authorities on essential fatty acids.
He is a king of anti-Peat.
He was a science advisor for the seafood and omega 3 supplement company Vital Choice.He held a position as Director at the Omega Protein Corporation that provides omega-3 rich fish oil for the supplement industry.

Jessie

I cant confirm from a storke it just seems like the most likley one from sorta credible sources

I already brought that one up as defenses of his death

yes i didn't use them to discredit peat actually to iron-man his death as some people sorta somehow similar to him had good life length

bluezones eat 3-10% added sugar but the rest is like grainy legume stuff and 5-31% animal product, they just have a sorta traditional life so they benefit from that one, some eat a lot of dairy so u could talk about that one maybe. Anyone could make bluezones to support their argument as long as their lifestyle ideology isnt retarded.

what i distrust is eating like u have autism in a unnatural way of looooaaads of sugar, btw ling didnt eat red meat i think and kummerow was afraid of sugar like it was the devil

so even if i iron man ray peat the guys who was maybe sorta like him wasnt like him at all, since they was all afraid of sugar and even meat to some extent

im being fair here
I don't think Ray was as anti-sugar as the leading alt-health community is. But to suggest he supported people eating loads of white sugar is also stretching the facts. He promoted a carbohydrate based diet. He has said cane sugar is an appropriate substitute when someone can't eat fruits or honey. Key word here being substitute.

The only thing about Peat inspired eating plan that differs in a somewhat drastic fashion is his recommendation for high calcium intakes. Which, coincidentally, is also something that is supported by centenarian cultures around the world. Specifically the Japanese centenarians, who consume vast amounts of dairy products by comparison to the rest of Japan.

Jessie

William E.M. Lands (born July 22, 1930, age 92 years) is an American nutritional biochemist who is among the world's foremost authorities on essential fatty acids.
He was a science advisor for the seafood and omega 3 supplement company Vital Choice.He held a position as Director at the Omega Protein Corporation that provides omega-3 rich fish oil for the supplement industry.
I never said he was pro-Peat. I believe the word I used was "anti-PUFA."

He is on record stating the amount of calories derived from the essential fatty acids should be around 1%. That's actually less than some of the numbers I've read from Peat and Broda Barnes.

OP
M

MasterjohnFAN

even the people described as being ray peat was just ppl who was anti omega 6 lol

OP
M

MasterjohnFAN

Sure, if you equate "pro-peat" as the same thing as "anti-pufa." I, however, am capable of reading. :tearsofjoy:
he literally fish oil shill no way he is 1% pufa or whatever i cant find anyone close to peat who is long living if u do i would be interested in hearing it since i want what ray peat says to be true, im not anti ray peat or whatever

Murtaza

Who cares why he died at 86? or how he died?
Would getting the answer to those questions impact your life in any way? no. Stop the gossip already. Also i can see op you recently joined the forum, im pretty sure you're not even familiar with half his teachings. So please take your tittle-tattle back to reddit or wherever you came from.

JamesGatz

@MasterjohnFAN I bet Chris Masterjohn won’t live till he’s 86 he looks pretty ill already.
Exactly - Masterjohn's been deteriorating for a WHILE NOW

If Masterjohn just TAKES OFF HIS GLASSES his health and hairline would vastly improve but alas he is a glassescel and instead we have his followers making high-serotonin posts on the forum

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals