Diamox

sunmountain

I'm thinking of trying this for my waterlogging.

Other than vitamins, I'm only taking cypro 1mg breakfast and 1mg bed. And cynoplus nibbling.

I got the lisuride from mexico, but haven't begun it yet cuz I feel I need to be eating more to handle it, and am still adjusting diet.

I've been focused so much on gut, I forgot the waterlogging until masseuse pointed out.

I know I have to eat a lot to handle the diamox as well, and continuing to work on diet. I just posted a thread on farmers cheese which is allowing me to eat more calories at lunch.

I have some questions about diamox. I read some threads on it, including Blossom's experience. I read a bit of pboy on water in cells. Has anyone tried low-dose diamox and has it been effective?

I might lay off cypro while doing diamox.

Also I found a source for diamox -- Alldaychemist. $5 for 90 tablets. Their shipping is expensive at a flat rate $25, but I got my minocycline from them in less than a week, and they still come out cheaper per tablet than mexico or .biz pharmacy (can't remember name).

Do you think if waterlogging was addressed, it might help gut? Just curious.

thanks

natedawggh

Yes, but with a caveat. I have taken it in low dose and it will and does increase your temperature and CO2 concentrations, which are good, and it will for certain increase your output of potassium, which is not necessarily okay. Whether or not this is a problem for you depends on really how good your cells respiration is already. I experienced noticeable heart palpitations (specifically the sensation of it skipping beats) from diamox. Supplementing extra potassium helps to minimize this effect in me, but it is still so uncomfortable that I can't really deal with it right now. This is not a common side effect (the palpitations). If it does this to you it's not serious, and you just stop taking it. If it doesn't do this, then it will help you in a lot of ways.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thanks! I just saw your reply. Coincidentally, I started Diamox today. Brand Iopar. 250mg. Let's see what happens.

Peatri Dish

I take 125mg three times a day.
It is incredible pee pill for me.
Sometimes I get a slight headache from it. OJ fixes it. I'm not sure if it's potassium or glucose since OJ has both. Higher doses gave me diarrhea. So, it took a few days to figure it out. I've been taking it for about four months I think and the effects are just starting to slow.
Good luck with it! Keep us posted!

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Well, I peed a fair amount today, but only slightly more than I was peeing on DHEA. I suppose if I took it x2, I might pee more. But it felt like I was peeing enough. By evening I was quite thirsty.

Do you think that thirst is an indication that one is peeing enough and therefore the dosage is ok?

I did find it hard to focus at work today. I wonder if that is adjustment to the diamox.

I've taken it again tonight at bedtime. But at this low dose, I'm wondering if it's not better just to go back on the DHEA because with that there might have been a feel good factor too. But it did feel like I should pee a bit more on the 5mg DHEA, so I am trying the diamox.

I'll continue it for now and see what happens. Maybe instead of doing diamox x2, I might take DHEA 5mg in the morning again, and diamox at night. That should make me pee more than diamox 1x -- at least in theory.

What other good effects does diamox have when taken over time?

thanks

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I chugged a lot of OJ today due to thirst. I see from Peatri's post that that replenished the potassium. Should I replenish potassium even more, and if so, how? (Especially if I add back the DHEA, which I think I will, tomorrow morning.)

Peatri Dish

I noticed that my pee was considerably darker and smellier. This has not abated. The only time I pee lighter now is if I'm cold at work and then I have frequent urination. In the beginning I had to get up a couple times in the night to pee. This has slowed now, but on my days off I still have to get up at three in the morning(usual wake time) to pee.
Of course, my breathing issues were severe with a lot of hyperventilation and some fainting. I still tend to hyperventilate a bit on progest e.
I am taking the salt suggestions to heart and slowly upping my salt. I am thinking that this dark urine might be full of salt as well. So, I'll let you know how that goes.
The aceta diazol from Mexico comes in 250 mg tablets. I break them in half and take one dose three times a day. One close to bed time and if I don't get it in with an hour or so to go before sleep then I awaken to pee.
Hope this info helps!

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I noticed that my pee is cloudy.

Also that I'm less hungry. This one symptom is worrisome for me. I may stop diamox and see if appetite returns.

Anyone else have appetite suppressed due to diamox?

thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals