Cypro And Weight Gain

scarlettsmum

Those who gained weight on cypro, did you find that it was gradual? Sort of increased overall appetite, rather than a sudden hunger attack? Were you aware of increased appetite or was it a sudden need to eat? I tried ritanserin where I'd get anxiety if I didn't take it on full stomach and had to then eat to stop the anxiety. Now with cypro I feel really good, no anxiety and so I can't tell if I'm eating more on cypro or not. I have gained some weight, however that started with ritanserin and now I'm trying to work out if I'm still gaining on cypro or not. I sleep so well on cypro but I just can't sustain it if it makes me put on weight. Please share your experience! Thank you,

Pointless

For me, it was rather sudden, 5-10 pounds within a week. I only gain weight at 2 mg 2x/day, but I'm on 1 mg 2/day and don't gain weight on it as long as I keep a low-fat diet.

natedawggh

Those who gained weight on cypro, did you find that it was gradual? Sort of increased overall appetite, rather than a sudden hunger attack? Were you aware of increased appetite or was it a sudden need to eat? I tried ritanserin where I'd get anxiety if I didn't take it on full stomach and had to then eat to stop the anxiety. Now with cypro I feel really good, no anxiety and so I can't tell if I'm eating more on cypro or not. I have gained some weight, however that started with ritanserin and now I'm trying to work out if I'm still gaining on cypro or not. I sleep so well on cypro but I just can't sustain it if it makes me put on weight. Please share your experience! Thank you,

Ritanserin made me put in 15 lbs in two weeks (I'm 6'6" so that's more like 8 lbs for a normal size person) but I haven't taken cypro, I hear ritanserin has similar properties.

tomisonbottom

For me, it was rather sudden, 5-10 pounds within a week. I only gain weight at 2 mg 2x/day, but I'm on 1 mg 2/day and don't gain weight on it as long as I keep a low-fat diet.

What percentage of fat do you have to be at to lose weight?

DankMemes

I did gain weight while on cypro, but whether cypro was the cause I am not sure.

It definitely stimulates my appetite and on days I don't take it, I'm noticeably less hungry.

I was taking 4-12mg a day but have since cut back.

superhuman

the reason cypro makes people gain weight is because they eat more, it lowers stress hormones which makes you more hungry instead of using stress(fat) as fuel

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

the reason cypro makes people gain weight is because they eat more, it lowers stress hormones which makes you more hungry instead of using stress(fat) as fuel
So I guess the answer to this is to combine it with thyroid hormones (if low temps, high cholesterol) otherwise weigh gain no matter what dosages? I take only 1 mg( 1/4 pill) and still seem to eat more than usual which is worrying.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Ritanserin made me put in 15 lbs in two weeks (I'm 6'6" so that's more like 8 lbs for a normal size person) but I haven't taken cypro, I hear ritanserin has similar properties.
That's shocking! Are you sure it was was just ritanserin? I had intense cravings for sugar and just couldn't fill myself up. I think I gained about 2 kilos (4 pounds in 1,5 weeks)

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I still seem to gain weight even on as low as 1 mg. So annoying as I feel so good on it.