Liquid cyproheptadine

ilovethesea

Apparently there is only one brand of liquid cyproheptadine available in Canada... I just had the pharmacy special order it for me, and now that I get it home and read the ingredients label I'm a little concerned:

Medicinal Ingredients: Each 5mL contains 2mg of Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride monohydrate.
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Purified Water, sucrose, dextrose, Propylene Glycol, EDTA, Lemon Flavour, Quinoline Yellow, Sodium Cyclamate, Ethyl Alcohol.

Do you think this would be safe?

I don't know what some of those things are... I also don't get why they would put dye in a freakin medicine. I'm not sure how I react to dyes - once I was given coloured Synthroid pills and broke out into full body hives. But I don't know which colours those were.

The reason I need a liquid cypro is because I get allergy symptoms to the tablet form - even when I try to dissolve in water, the starch doesn't sink, it stays suspended. I felt like I got good benefits from the tablets but the allergies were too annoying to continue especially on the higher doses.

Do you think this would be safe to try anyway or should I avoid based on the ingredients list?

Does anyone know what is in the Mexican liquid cypro? (Not that I would be able to order it, thanks to the Canadian govt...)