Help with esophageal stricture

Happypeating

Hello, I'm a 46 yr/old male. I have been dealing with an esophageal stricture for 4 weeks. Constricting feeling in throat, feels like I'm drowning almost, fibrous and fatty foods get stuck and take a while to clear. I have a hx of drinking 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide 4 years ago (accident). It was a decent size gulp so it burnt all the down. I recovered pretty well. I had no definite symptoms of esophageal stricture until I drank some dairygold eggnog 4 weeks ago. The symptoms onset was acute. I believe my whole digestive tract is involved because I'm having involuntary muscle spasms when I'm trying to fall asleep. Right before dosing off I'll spasm and the spasm will stop me from going to sleep. I'm also having pencil thin BM's mixed with loose stools. Feels like some kicked me in the gut.
Diet: 2 eggs am, milk, fruit mango, blueberries and skinned pears, honey, white sugar, beef liver, scallops, shrimp, oysters, prunes, carrot salad 1 to 2 daily
Supps: gelatin 2 T w/ aspirin 350mg 3x to 4x daily
progest e 2 drops orally w/ pansterone 1 drop orally after meals
vit k 40 mcg topically
vit d 5000 iu topically
lidocaine hcl 100mg daily
cypro 4mg a day Max
lisuride 0.75mcg to 1mg daily
Just started cynomel today nibbling on a 25mg tablet after meals 3x a day
AC 1 T 3x a week
I tried pepcid ac. it opened up my throat a bit but I was also getting symptoms from the excipients in the Pepcid AC. Burning and tingling up and down my GI tract. So I stopped.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I'd like to hear @haiduts opinion on this if possible.

Thanks

Hello, I'm a 46 yr/old male. I have been dealing with an esophageal stricture for 4 weeks. Constricting feeling in throat, feels like I'm drowning almost, fibrous and fatty foods get stuck and take a while to clear. I have a hx of drinking 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide 4 years ago (accident). It was a decent size gulp so it burnt all the down. I recovered pretty well. I had no definite symptoms of esophageal stricture until I drank some dairygold eggnog 4 weeks ago. The symptoms onset was acute. I believe my whole digestive tract is involved because I'm having involuntary muscle spasms when I'm trying to fall asleep. Right before dosing off I'll spasm and the spasm will stop me from going to sleep. I'm also having pencil thin BM's mixed with loose stools. Feels like some kicked me in the gut.
Diet: 2 eggs am, milk, fruit mango, blueberries and skinned pears, honey, white sugar, beef liver, scallops, shrimp, oysters, prunes, carrot salad 1 to 2 daily
vit k 40 mcg topically
vit d 5000 iu topically
cypro 4mg a day Max
AC 1 T 3x a week
I tried pepcid ac. it opened up my throat a bit but I was also getting symptoms from the excipients in the Pepcid AC. Burning and tingling up and down my GI tract. So I stopped.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I'd like to hear @haiduts opinion on this if possible.

Thanks
I would get a fecal sample for C. diff infection. My husband had trouble swallowing, stomach upset, tingling, then spasms in his lower intestines that would come for no reason or even when drinking water. Then diarrhea hit, then bloody stools and then the emergency room.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
How did he treated the C diff? Is he healed now?

How did he treated the C diff? Is he healed now?
They gave him vancomycin and he just finished them yesterday. They said it it a problematic bacteria hard to kill. I have him on heavy manuka honey, ginger and turmeric to be sure it doesn't come back. I made a post on it. It is a pretty scary bacteria, usually contracted in hospitals, doctors and dentist offices and old folks homes. It was when you said the "tingling" and "cramping" that rang a bell for me that you may have it, in which case I wouldn't dabble with the antibiotics.

Birdie

vit k 40 mcg topically
vit d 5000 iu topically
cypro 4mg a day Max
AC 1 T 3x a week

Thanks
How are you doing by now? That's a sad accident but no trouble til now is a good sign of healing.

Looking through your food and supps what jumped out to me was the ACV. I would back off on that for now. It's popular in some health circles but not a part of RP recommendations by the way. It is a weak acid you know, so could be irritating in your situation with the hurt esophagus etc.

I think one carrot salad might be better than two for right now when you want to be more gentle. I'd go easy on the mango too. Ray has talked about mango poisoning. If you can switch in another fruit for some of the mango...

Make sure you have enough liquid with the aspirin intake. The dose looks good. The lidocaine looks helpful. I wonder which form....powder dissolved in juice? Are you drinking oj? If so, I would dissolve baking soda in it. Will make it more gentle

I hope you can find some advice from Ray as he is the best qualified. You could flag yerrag or ecstatichampster or others who have some differential diagnosis experience.

OP
H

Happypeating

How are you doing by now? That's a sad accident but no trouble til now is a good sign of healing.

Looking through your food and supps what jumped out to me was the ACV. I would back off on that for now. It's popular in some health circles but not a part of RP recommendations by the way. It is a weak acid you know, so could be irritating in your situation with the hurt esophagus etc.

I think one carrot salad might be better than two for right now when you want to be more gentle. I'd go easy on the mango too. Ray has talked about mango poisoning. If you can switch in another fruit for some of the mango...

Make sure you have enough liquid with the aspirin intake. The dose looks good. The lidocaine looks helpful. I wonder which form....powder dissolved in juice? Are you drinking oj? If so, I would dissolve baking soda in it. Will make it more gentle

I hope you can find some advice from Ray as he is the best qualified. You could flag yerrag or ecstatichampster or others who have some differential diagnosis experience.
It feels like its getting better. Still a constricting feeling in my throat. Swallowing food getting easier. I can still feel strain when talking.

That was AC (activated charcoal). Not ACV

I'll try just one carrot salad. That's good to know about the mango. I can do apple sauce, cooked apples. pears, blueberries, dates. (I was considering going no starch or fiber for a while to see if it would help heal things quicker)

It's Lidocaine HCL powder. I dissolve it in warm water. As far as OJ, I haven't been drinking or eating anything acidic because it irritates my esophagus. I tried both OJ and coffee with milk and they made things worse. I'll try the baking soda with the OJ in time. How much baking soda per cup of OJ?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. How do you flag people?

OP
H

Happypeating

I would get a fecal sample for C. diff infection. My husband had trouble swallowing, stomach upset, tingling, then spasms in his lower intestines that would come for no reason or even when drinking water. Then diarrhea hit, then bloody stools and then the emergency room.
I wish you two a speedy recovery. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated

Birdie

It feels like its getting better. Still a constricting feeling in my throat. Swallowing food getting easier. I can still feel strain when talking.

That was AC (activated charcoal). Not ACV

I'll try just one carrot salad. That's good to know about the mango. I can do apple sauce, cooked apples. pears, blueberries, dates. (I was considering going no starch or fiber for a while to see if it would help heal things quicker)

It's Lidocaine HCL powder. I dissolve it in warm water. As far as OJ, I haven't been drinking or eating anything acidic because it irritates my esophagus. I tried both OJ and coffee with milk and they made things worse. I'll try the baking soda with the OJ in time. How much baking soda per cup of OJ?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. How do you flag people?
Yes, I thought it was lidocaine powder. (Hurrying I do that.) I have a packet of Lidocaine pow just in case. So thanks for your experience there with mixing it and all. With the oj, I think you have to experiment but I use maybe a half a teaspoon with 6oz oj. It fizzes and is delicious. I also started adding about a half teaspoon of sugar.

I burned my esophagus a few years ago with a very hot latte. I immediately drank ice water but am always aware of being protective now. I try to make sure my coffee isn't too hot to avoid aggravating it.

To flag somebody, you first type an @... Then a few letters without any space. Different names will come up for you to choose from.

OP
H

Happypeating

Yes, I thought it was lidocaine powder. (Hurrying I do that.) I have a packet of Lidocaine pow just in case. So thanks for your experience there with mixing it and all. With the oj, I think you have to experiment but I use maybe a half a teaspoon with 6oz oj. It fizzes and is delicious. I also started adding about a half teaspoon of sugar.

I burned my esophagus a few years ago with a very hot latte. I immediately drank ice water but am always aware of being protective now. I try to make sure my coffee isn't too hot to avoid aggravating it.

To flag somebody, you first type an @... Then a few letters without any space. Different names will come up for you to choose from.
I'll give the tagging a try. @haidut @yerrag @ecstatichamster
Thanks

Birdie

A helpful thread started by haidut:

Birdie

aliml

Medications associated with Dysphagia (swallowing problems)

Antibiotics
Anticholinergic medications and medications with anticholinergic side effects
Antispasmodics (atropine, benztropine)
Scopolamine
Diuretics (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
Opiates
Antipsychotics (mesoridazine, clozapine, perphenazine, thioridazine)
Antiparkinsonian (amantadine, benztropine, biperiden, trihexyphenidy)
Antidepressants (amitriptyline, clomipramine, doxepin, imipramine, nortriptyline, protriptyline
Antihistamines (chlorpheniramine, cyproheptadine, dexchlorpheniramine, hydroxyzine, clemastine, diphenhydramine)
Second-generation antihistamines (cetirizine, fexofenadine, loratadine)
Antiulcer medications (cimetidine, famotidine, ranitidine)
Cardiovascular medications (captopril, digoxin, dipyridamole, isosorbide dinitrate,)
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
Antipsychotics
Local anesthetic agents
Botulinum toxin type A

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals