Debilitating Grief

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
narouz, Peat says he takes the pork rinds and frys then in coconut oil, then drains the fat. Thats what I usually do, then I go ahead and refry them one more time in coconut oil for maximum PUFA removing and drain the fat again.

But hey If I am on the road or out and about and caught without food, I just try and do the best I can without stressing it. However I try not to get caught in the situation by always making sure I pack a small cooler anytime I go out.

narouz

Charlie said:
narouz, Peat says he takes the pork rinds and frys then in coconut oil, then drains the fat. Thats what I usually do, then I go ahead and refry them one more time in coconut oil for maximum PUFA removing and drain the fat again.

But hey If I am on the road or out and about and caught without food, I just try and do the best I can without stressing it. However I try not to get caught in the situation by always making sure I pack a small cooler anytime I go out.

I'm still puzzling over a recent post in a different thread
claiming that Peat always carries with him some tins of sardines
for when he's travelling and food supplies are uncertain... :?

Are you sure, Charlie, that Peat wasn't referring to bacon--
with the re-frying in coconut oil?
I remember reading/hearing him say he did that if he wanted some bacon.
But I can see the same principle being applied to pork rinds.
Not at a gas station on the road though. :lol:
("Hey miss: could you give these a quick re-fry in some coconut oil--refined only, please?" :D )

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
narouz,

Ray Peat said:
"There are some very salty cheeses that help to satisfy salt appetite, for example pecorino or feta; sometimes I add salt to cheeses such as gouda, emmental, mozzarella, or cheddar. Sometimes pork rinds, chicharrones, are good for a salty snack; I usually heat them in coconut oil and then drain them, to remove some of the pork fat. Orange juice, guavas, watermelons, cherimoyas, cooked apples, cherries, and ripe papayas are good sources of sugar to have regularly."

viewtopic.php?t=1035&start=130#p52332

narouz

Charlie said:
narouz,

Ray Peat said:
"There are some very salty cheeses that help to satisfy salt appetite, for example pecorino or feta; sometimes I add salt to cheeses such as gouda, emmental, mozzarella, or cheddar. Sometimes pork rinds, chicharrones, are good for a salty snack; I usually heat them in coconut oil and then drain them, to remove some of the pork fat. Orange juice, guavas, watermelons, cherimoyas, cooked apples, cherries, and ripe papayas are good sources of sugar to have regularly."

viewtopic.php?t=1035&start=130#p52332

Yeah, you're right. ;)
There it is.
That's the first I read that.
Interesting that he says baked apples are good to have regularly.
And cherries.
I eat a lot of cherries but always felt a little iffy about them,
because I'd never seen him explicitly recommend them.
Or grapes, which I also eat a lot of.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals