Over 3 Months In

narouz

It's a long thread, and I thought I remembered you referring to "Cypro."
Maybe it was somebody else or maybe "Cypro" meant Cyproheptadine--not Ciprofloxacin.

No, I wasn't referring to thrush or vaginal yeast infection,
though those forms might be involved.
Centrally I was talking about a yeast infestation of the intestines.
Often referred to as Candida or Candidiasis.

I've never really believed it was a real disease,
and that seems to be the way Peat looks at it--a "concocted disease."

But...I've had symptoms consistent with what many for years
have said is Candida of the intestines.
And it seems to get worse after I take antibiotics.
Again, this is consistent with how those who believe Candidiasis is a real disease
think that it works:
the antibiotics destroy some of the "favorable" gut bacteria
which balance the Candida fungi (which all of us apparently have to some minor degree)
and keep it in check.
So...there's sortuv a "break-out" of Candida after antibiotics.
Cramping and diarrhea could be seen as consistent with such a break-out.

One poster in particular, over in a Candida forum,
believes that yeast/fungus gets a foothold in the cecum, ascending colon, and transverse colon...

...The cecum is where the appendix is, if you have one.
I had mine removed after an appendicitis.
That has long been intriguing to me:
that my appendix, which used to reside in the exact area where
some say Candida is most likely to become a problem--
that my appendix became infected and needed surgery.

You can read more about this stuff over in the thread called "Candida" if you want.
I just thought I'd mention it to you
since you've taken antibiotics and experience intestinal cramping and woes.
I've wondered if, as Peatians, we may have a blindspot in this area....

Attachments

• anat_colon_1.0.jpg
    anat_colon_1.0.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 797
OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks for the info.

I think the antibiotic I was on gave me colitis at the time. Since it went out of my system and i used Pepto Bismol, i haven't had anymore diarrhea. Well, maybe a little when i had to go back on a different antibiotic for a short term, but it wasn't as bad. And now that i'm off them, i haven't been plagued by diarrhea.

Cypro, was probably me shortening cyproheptadine.

OP
Peata

Peata

Some other updates..

I stopped using aspirin. Maybe if I need it for actual pain, but I don't feel like it's for me to just take regularly.

I was taking a lot of vitamin C despite it not being Peaty to supplement. My hope was to see if it increased progesterone, but I can't tell if it has. Not sure if I will continue. I was using EmergenC most of the time and sometimes chewable C.

I was having problems with my right wrist again, but since I started supplementing K2 again and sometimes vitamin A, it's pretty much cleared up.

Jennifer

Peata said:
Since it went out of my system and i used Pepto Bismol, i haven't had anymore diarrhea. Well, maybe a little when i had to go back on a different antibiotic for a short term, but it wasn't as bad. And now that i'm off them, i haven't been plagued by diarrhea.
This is great news, Peata! You're my inspiration. I want to be just like you in the New Year. :)

Glad your wrist is feeling better!

OP
Peata

Peata

Jennifer said:
Peata said:
Since it went out of my system and i used Pepto Bismol, i haven't had anymore diarrhea. Well, maybe a little when i had to go back on a different antibiotic for a short term, but it wasn't as bad. And now that i'm off them, i haven't been plagued by diarrhea.
This is great news, Peata! You're my inspiration. I want to be just like you in the New Year. :)

Glad your wrist is feeling better!

Thanks, Jennifer. I am not on the board as much and haven't kept up with other posts or people's logs, but i hope you are doing well and have a great New Year, and that goes for everyone.

OP
Peata

Peata

Little update:

Still using 1,000 mg. Vitamin C. I read that it can take 3 cycles to see improvement in progesterone. I am on the 2nd one. I feel there have been improvements, but I'm not getting my hopes up in case. My period is due between tomorrow and Saturday.

Some pre menstrual things of note..

+ breasts have been only mildly swollen/tender. So much less than normal that it's not much to mention.

- the last couple days, i had GI problems. Started after dinner Mon night, which was boneless, skinless chicken thighs I baked, "waffle fries" I made from slicing potatoes and coating with seasoning and evoo and baking, and a little rice. It felt similar to the problems I would get a few years ago when my gallbladder acted up, like if I ate something too heavy, greasy. I suspect the chicken, because though I didn't use oil in the pan, it fried in its own grease as it baked. And maybe the oil from the potatoes. I had my first diarrhea in weeks and TMI- it was very pale. I felt the mild malaise all day yesterday, some of it mild nausea, and just an overall yucky feeling. Again, similar to what i used to get with gallbladder only this was somewhat milder. I still have my gb by the way, and it normally doesn't cause issues these days. But in the past when i first came into perimenopause, i would have problems all month long and especially just before period (high estrogen/low progest i learned later.) After the diarrhea mon night, I used pepto bismol. TMI again- I had two bowel movements this mornings, lots eliminated. The second was more diarrhea-like, but I feel fine since.

- Sleep has been a little hit or miss this week. I took a benadryl last night. I couldn't get myself to wind down though even though I was sleepy. Mouth was dry as a bone. Finally got some water and ate a cracker and was fine until I woke up about 6:30 and did not want more sleep.

+ Last thing I can think of for pre-menstrual issues is i do have some of the cysts under my chin/jawline but they been much less inflamed than normal.

--

As far as supplements, I have been on 1 g. vitamin C for 2 months and will continue to see if pms lessened next month too.

I am on a couple Rx for allergy/chronic bronchitis. I take some benadryl as needed if my allergies are acting up from the cat. 2,500 vitamin K2, 400 mg. magnesium divided to take half morning and half night. Also I started back on the Metformin Sunday night after fearing something going on with blood sugar lately (I do not test bs but was going on feeling). I was feeling the need to eat more frequently than usual or felt terrible and sometimes would still feel terrible after eating.

i don't like to be on so many things at once, trying to tell what's doing what, but i felt i needed it and couldn't wait around.

Anyhoo,that's the latest.

OP
Peata

Peata

I've felt pretty bad the last 2 or 3 days. Kind of like when I was on that short-term prednisone at the end of last month. I feel like this is a cortisol problem. I can't sleep well. it's not restful sleep. Peeing more in night. Wake up in the night or too early and can't go back to sleep. must have a snack by the bedside. Woke up in a sweat last night, heart pounding.

Some depression and anxiety. Definitely need to eat more frequently. Trying to get balanced meals and snacks. Skin feels dry and uncomfortable no matter what I put on it. Not as clear-headed as usual. Almost no motivation or drive. Makes it difficult to want to get out and do things or work on projects. Feel blah. A general light malaise feeling most of the time. I did feel a little better later in the evening last night though.

Period came very very lightly yesterday morning and pretty much none since, so I guess it will come on anytime in the next few days. I think that's a progesterone problem. I have had this for a long time, where it will come on light then wait anywhere from a few days to another week before it comes. As i recall this didn't happen when i was using lots of progest e. I'm going to give it one more cycle to see if the other things I'm doing help, then i guess I will resign myself to having to use lots of Progest E most of the time. When I was on it nonstop for 2 or 3 months, I'd hoped it would help me make more on my own but not sure that's happened at all.

OP
Peata

Peata

I ended the Vitamin C experiment. After three months, there seemed to be no noticeable increase in progesterone.

Peat's_Girl

Hi!

Great results so far, from what I've read! It's very encouraging to me since I have the same issues (PCOS, acne, premature aging of the skin, mood, oilyness and weight).

Do you get your OJ or did you prefer to supplement instead? Usually a glass or so gets you a good amount of it.
I know vitamins are really good for your skin (I've been reading about the work of Dr. Des Fernandes) so I was thinking of buying topical vitamins and supplementing as well with A, C and E. (A is especially important though!)

I was also reading your weight loss thread... How's it going? Any hopes for us with chub? :D

narouz

Peata said:
I ended the Vitamin C experiment. After three months, there seemed to be no noticeable increase in progesterone.

Ending that phase may actually help, Peata.
I recently listened to an interview, Antioxidants,
wherein Peat talked about the negative effects of Vitamin C supplementation.
It was a very complicated and odd discourse,
but the net outcome according to Peat will often be high iron loading.

I have it in my notes about where in the interview if you're interested.
Maybe there's a transcript now?

Lisalou

I take a total of 75mg per day with 25mg in the morning and 50mg before bed. I've been using it uninterrupted since 10/15/13. I took more initially at about 130mg and then started gradually weaning down. I've been known to take up to 90mg on some particularly rough days though. I take pregnenolone too so that may help as well. I'm pretty sure I read that you take that also. I might get an ovulation thermometer to see if I can pinpoint exactly where I'm at in my cycle. It seems to be about how it was 10 years ago before the surgical removal of my uterus and one ovary. I migh just keep up the uninterrupted until I can do a month or two tracking to see when ovulation happens. Some women do opt for uninterrupted progesterone for a period of a few months to correct long standing issues. I feel Progest-e has probably done this for me personally.
Blossom I am post menopause, been a year and a half, though I still have all my bits. Is there still a cyclic time?? I have been taking progest and pregnenolene for about a month now.. Just started taking a temp reading to see what my thyroid was doing.. Had some test done 6 months ago, because of 7mm calcium stone extraction , and results were hyperthyroidism and hyper parathyroidism.. I havent been back to be retested and didnt take anything..

D

Deleted member 5487

I have very "unstable pupils" when doing this test from Stop the Thyroid Madness - adrenal info:

"This is called the Pupil test and primarily tests your levels of aldosterone, another adrenal hormone. You need to be in a darkened room with a mirror. From the side (not the front), shine a bright light like a flashlight or penlight towards your pupils and hold it for about a minute. Carefully observe the pupil. With healthy adrenals (and specifically, healthy levels of aldosterone), your pupils will constrict, and will stay small the entire time you shine the light from the side. In adrenal fatigue, the pupil will get small, but within 30 seconds, it will soon enlarge again or obviously flutter in it’s attempt to stay constricted. Why does this occur? Because adrenal insufficiency can also result in low aldosterone, which causes a lack of proper amounts of sodium and an abundance of potassium. This imbalance causes the sphincter muscles of your eye to be weak and to dilate in response to light. Click here to see a video of fluctuating pupils, and thanks to Lydia for providing this."

I've suspected something going on with aldosterone for a while since I've had the problem of water retention.

Does it sound reasonable that I should increase salt even more?

Adding: For extra info, I sleep great, although I still usually have to get up 1 or 2 x at night to pee. But I go to sleep easy and I wake up refreshed.

Did you ever fix the pupil thing? My fluctuate and have been for months. I battle fatigue. How do you fix it?

colby

I seem to be fine now, as far as the anxiety.

Had fruit, sugar, dairy. Had my carrot. Had more Progest-E. I dissolved powders of theanine, inositol, 1/2 packet energy drink powder (for caffeine, b vits, taurine, etc.), and some aspirin in Coke and mineral water. Sitting under heat lamp.

I think I'm managing to knock down the estrogen, at least temporarily. I certainly feel better. The large cyst that was on my forehead is shrinking and not so painful. Breasts aren't aching. Anxiety gone.

I feel very good.

One thing I've learned is, it doesn't matter how many things I take to influence calm, such as l-theanine, if the estrogen is up and uncontrolled, the other things really don't have much effect. But if the estrogen is handled, then I feel good and the other supplements are just the chill-icing on the cake.
Peata can you please Pm me, I have a question I’d like to ask you and I can’t because of the privacy setting.

Nicole Carter

Some differences between this cycle and last.

Still having skin dryness, but it must be the colder weather more than anything else. I'm using Palmers cocoa butter cream on hands and face, sometimes body. It's not ideal since it contains mineral oil, but I've been using it for months since it's cheap and convenient. One of these days I'll get around to making my own coconut oil/cocoa butter cream again.

I didn't suffer as many skin problems this month pre-menstrually like I usually do - such as oiliness. I still am getting break outs, particularly just under chin and neck, but so far not as bad as usual. Last month I had one annoying large cyst on my face the week after my period - in fact, I got all my PMS symptoms when my period was OVER last time. This has happened in the past here and there. But I'm hoping the Vitex and B6 are doing their job and things will keep improving.

Experiencing some cramps today. Nothing bad that I have to medicate yet.

Moods this time were much better. Finally not experiencing much of that awful depression I've had 2 weeks out of month for the last few months. I've had it some off and on but mostly my moods are fine and even. Anxiety overall is lessened. I've had a few incidents of anxiety and getting stuck in panicky ruminating thoughts, but I've found this can usually be helped by having something sweet. So when I start getting like that, I check to see if I need to eat or drink something. If I don't feel like I do, I still might take a swig of honey or something.

And sometimes if sugar doesn't help, it might be something that actually needs to be talked out. A lot of times I'll say something (trying to not be confrontational) and then the response from the other person seems to calm my fears and help me cut through the irrationality. Or I have to remind myself about certain truths that can get buried when the anxiety starts. If I remind myself about these things, a lot of times it's assuring enough to cut off the anxiety.

But as I say, I can tell a difference in a positive direction overall. And this was during my pre-menstrual time as well as now when I'm at the start of another cycle. It will take more time to see if this improvement is going to stick, especially since I can sometimes have PMS AFTER the period. So I'll see how I do, especially through the added stress of the holidays. Stress just being all the things that have to be done, places to go, etc.

Breast tenderness much better this time around. There is some swelling I can tell, but not so many lumps and pain.

Sleep is pretty good, though I do wake up a few times to go to the bathroom. I must cut off drinking liquids closer to bed.

Well I have to go for now. Will update more later if I have more to report.
Can you pinpoint what has helped with the depression? I get horrible mood swings and insomnia the last 2 weeks of my cycle. Just feels like very pessimistic and negative. Progesterone hasn’t made much difference for me.

Nicole Carter

Thanks, Charlie. I knew I was getting so close each month, just further tweaks had to be made.

Here's the breakdown of what I do.

Ten months of RP foods, such as:
coffee (2 - 4 c. usually)
1% milk
sugar (over 200 g. per day)
gelatin (at least 1 T. daily)
coconut oil
carrrot with coconut oil & vinegar (or olives)
salt
OJ
cheese
ice cream (sometimes I make a meal out of it)
cola,
honey
liver (I can only eat 1/2 - 1 oz.)
shellfish (I love my fried canned oysters)

I don't eat fruit as much as I should but it doesn't appeal to me as much in the winter. I've eaten some sweet apples and oranges in the last month and a can of tropical fruit.

I wish I could eat more eggs, but I really have to be in the mood for them or they bother my system (they feel too rich, heavy, too filling after just a couple bites, etc.)

Each week I eat a little of various meats like beef, pork, chicken, lamb...also potatoes, breads, pasta, pizza, sweets, etc. I eat pretty much what I want as long as I'm getting the Peatish stuff in.

I feel warmer and more comfortable, including hands and feet most of the time.

Limiting PUFA is one of my main goals. Also keeping protein up to at least 70 g.

I supplement B1, B3, B6 (as P5P), D, E, Magnesium, Zinc, Vitex. I use half a packet of a powdered energy drink most days and it has B vitamins, taurine, caffeine. I often take a small amount of Benadryl during the day, then a whole pill at night. Now and then I take a selenium and manganese supplement.

I've seen a lot of benefit from the B vitamins and zinc as well as Vitex. Improvements in moods & anxiety, lowered prolactin (almost no breast lumps and pain), hormones seem to be getting balanced, less painful period, less cyclical depression, skin nicer more days of month.
What does the Benadryl do for you? It used to help me sleep but seemed to have stopped working.

Back
Top Bottom