David Sinclair On Joe Rogan - Anti Aging And Diseases Etc

Yeah he does look young but in an effeminate way, certainly doesn’t exude rugged masculinity.

Im unsure and suspicious why the medical establishment would want to create disease free long lasting humans.
True, he doesn't seem to have high levels of androgens. And he said he has teeth sensitivity, which also points to low levels of testosterone and dht.

I'm suspicious too,that's the opposite of what the govern wants, and considering how dangerous resveratrol and excessive exercise can be, anything that mimics these things are a great way to weaken the population and take their money too as a bonus. Why tell people that the main reason why fasting and exercise can be beneficial is PUFA depletion when you can omit this information and, instead, have them keep eating trash and buying your "anti-aging" products?

gaze

Well I wouldn't judge anyone just for changing their appearance, but just was pointing out how masking the outside doesn't fix the inside aging/illnesses/etc. I'm more aware of inside ills, so I try and focus on that first -- but it is much. much. much harder and different than cosmetics, which is straightforward and seemingly/instantly effective usually.

I think we agree but are wording it differently. I agree with what you said, and i was adding on that many in society are going to believe what he says (fasting, etc) because they think he looks young, when it could be fake. But like you said i’m not judging him for it, and certainly being fixated on looks is a bad idea generally (although eye bags, saggy skin can be a sign of poor inside health)

Kram

This guy was named to 2014's 100 Most Influential People in the World....bogus.

(although eye bags, saggy skin can be a sign of poor inside health)

I've always had under eye bags, even when in my teens. I never had previously thought of it as a health issue until more recently. Do you think this often points to thyroid and/or C02 issues? It would be interesting to know since many just say "it is genetic" with no basis on how/why (especially since no one else in my family really has it). If something as simple as T3/etc. improves it, the genetic argument is more flawed then. I always knew this made me look older or at least tired.

The under eye bags are also considered an "aging problem," but I've seen people much older than me who have no sign of them at all. Do hypo/thyroid issues affect under eye bags? Any here can weigh in on this with regards to aging, genetics and thyroid/C02 problems or etc.? I know some have likened it to endotoxin, andro hormones and etc., but that seems less likely to me. The bags I have are light pink/red-ish and slightly sunken/droopy looking.

Also, non thyroid sufferers might have them too I think.

gaze

I've always had under eye bags, even when in my teens. I never had previously thought of it as a health issue until more recently. Do you think this often points to thyroid and/or C02 issues? It would be interesting to know since many just say "it is genetic" with no basis on how/why (especially since no one else in my family really has it). If something as simple as T3/etc. improves it, the genetic argument is more flawed then. I always knew this made me look older or at least tired.

The under eye bags are also considered an "aging problem," but I've seen people much older than me who have no sign of them at all. Do hypo/thyroid issues affect under eye bags? Any here can weigh in on this with regards to aging, genetics and thyroid/C02 problems or etc.? I know some have likened it to endotoxin, andro hormones and etc., but that seems less likely to me. The bags I have are light pink/red-ish and slightly sunken/droopy looking.

Also, non thyroid sufferers might have them too I think.

Yea i’m not too sure. I’m assuming you get good sleep since you didn’t mention it as a possibility?

Herbie

now that his entire brand is anti aging, he’s probably going to be delving into things like botox, surgery, etc. to keep his “youthful” look, so his brand isn’t tarnished
True, he doesn't seem to have high levels of androgens. And he said he has teeth sensitivity, which also points to low levels of testosterone and dht.

I'm suspicious too,that's the opposite of what the govern wants, and considering how dangerous resveratrol and excessive exercise can be, anything that mimics these things are a great way to weaken the population and take their money too as a bonus. Why tell people that the main reason why fasting and exercise can be beneficial is PUFA depletion when you can omit this information and, instead, have them keep eating trash and buying your "anti-aging" products?

Ray did say that in older times that they wanted to look after the workers health so the they are more productive and don’t suffer from labour shortage but now because of automation from machines and tech that they don’t need healthy labour force and so we have extremely sick population.. unless there will be impending labour shortage from diminishing birth rates and lowering average life span which is happening.

Dave Clark

A lot of non-Peat people comment on Ray's interviews saying he stutters, or talks like he can't recover his thoughts, etc. We all know that he is also in his 80s, but people listening will judge the way he speaks, and if he isn't quick with his thoughts, or crisp and articulate, they conclude his anti-aging strategies must not work too good. Plus he doesn't look like a 40 yr. old Hollywood actor. etc. So, I would not judge Sinclair on his looks, just like people shouldn't judge Ray on his appearance and way of speaking. We need to just focus on the science.

Herbie

A lot of non-Peat people comment on Ray's interviews saying he stutters, or talks like he can't recover his thoughts, etc. We all know that he is also in his 80s, but people listening will judge the way he speaks, and if he isn't quick with his thoughts, or crisp and articulate, they conclude his anti-aging strategies must not work too good. Plus he doesn't look like a 40 yr. old Hollywood actor. etc. So, I would not judge Sinclair on his looks, just like people shouldn't judge Ray on his appearance and way of speaking. We need to just focus on the science.

Ray isn’t an anti aging expert and he is recalling things which are politcal, multiple scientific fields, philosophical and historical over great time spances which no one else is doing.

Sinclair doesn’t even know the science so I can only focus on other things about him.

Listen to Ray talk about rat experiments and Sinlcair, chalk and cheese

Last edited:

boxers

It's hard to base health on looks alone... Most of the top peat experts dont really look that great overall.

RealNeat

"Part of the cultural framework that makes it easy to sell that idea is the old “rate of living” theory of aging, the idea that we have only so many heartbeats in a lifetime, that we can use only so many calories and so much oxygen in a lifetime, and that organisms with a low metabolic rate therefore live longer than those with a high metabolic rate. The rate of living theory is closely related to the “wear and tear” theory of aging, that our bodies are (except for our germ cells) made up of “post-mitotic cells,” unable to continue dividing once growth is complete, and so must die when those cells are “worn out.” By the middle of the 20th century, those ideas had been disproved in many ways, but in the 1960s Leonard Hayflick renewed for a time the doctrine of aging as the wearing out of unrenewable cells, with his doctrine that somatic cells (non-germ cells) have an absolute limit of 50 replications. Producing cloned animals from somatic cells, and the subsequent excitement about stem cells, made that theory obsolete (again)."

Continue reading in the link below...:hammer:

Don’t Be Conned By The Resveratrol Scam – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

boxers

Is there any truth to this

• David tries to limit his protein intake, and specifically red meat
    • Why?
      • A molecule in meat (Trimethylamine N-oxide – TMAO) has been linked to heart disease
      • There’s a lot of amino acids in meat – high amino acid levels activate the mTOR pathway”

RealNeat

Herbie

Sinclairs work amounts to taking resveratrol, skipping breakfast and lunch and having dinner at restaurants. Justifying lose of hunger from metformin and a sore tummy as good for making it easier to fast and main driver to live longer to out live his enemies. He said he doesn’t act really optimistic about his life expectancy because he doesn’t want backlash from his peers but goes on a Dave Asprey podcast and gets his optimism from his fathers current health.

I just listened to an hour of him and Dave Aspey.

Lynne

I heard haidut on a Danny Roddy podcast a while ago saying something about David Sinclair selling his previous company (?resveretrol product) and bogus research or something. Maybe you could clarify this @haidut ?

Nebula

On what points out of curiosity? Interesting how different his views are on sirtuins and metformin from Haidut.
He does look young for his age but he seems lifeless. No energy IMO.
It’s the turtle approach to longevity. I guess it works, but at the cost of becoming a rigid, neurotic bore.

I’d much rather age my appearance somewhat more, but keep my brain fueled and flexible with lots of carbs being fully oxidized throughout the day along with plemty of protein.

I’d rather live a long vigorous, jolly, adventurous life like the early 1900’s wrestler George Hackenschmidt. He lived to 90 with an athletic, social, intellectual life mostly on quality milk, fruit and vegetables to appetite. Sounds like a good time to me.

Last edited:
I heard haidut on a Danny Roddy podcast a while ago saying something about David Sinclair selling his previous company (?resveretrol product) and bogus research or something. Maybe you could clarify this @haidut ?
Yeah,I recall hearing something along those lines too, but can't remember the details.

pepsi

o_O
Sinclairs work amounts to taking resveratrol, skipping breakfast and lunch and having dinner at restaurants. Justifying lose of hunger from metformin and a sore tummy as good for making it easier to fast and main driver to live longer to out live his enemies. He said he doesn’t act really optimistic about his life expectancy because he doesn’t want backlash from his peers but goes on a Dave Asprey podcast and gets his optimism from his fathers current health.

I just listened to an hour of him and Dave Aspey.

Dave Asprey himself is not looking too good.

This is him about 6 years ago.

this is him on his website, Im assuming his most current video.
https://daveasprey.com/

He looks like hes aged 15 years, not 6. And the title of his new book is Age Backward and maybe live forevero_O

Goobz

I agree Asprey doesn’t look so great, and I find that unsurprising. But then I think that’s probably just my confirmation bias, because I don’t think his approach is the best (he seems to overdo many things judging from what I’ve seen of him). So I think judging off appearances is pretty tricky. There could be so many factors at play.

Herbie

Asprey proudly said to Sinclair he takes 150 well thought out supplements per day.

Sinclair did say the higher the mens testosterone levels the less disease they have.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals