David Sinclair On Joe Rogan - Anti Aging And Diseases Etc

YourUniverse

I was going to post this. The guest explicitly explains that the best way to longevity is through cutting calories, sugars, and proteins, and fasting. He recommends taking resveratrol

Runenight201

I was going to post this. The guest explicitly explains that the best way to longevity is through cutting calories, sugars, and proteins, and fasting. He recommends taking resveratrol

These guys must have the most bland, low energy, boring conscious states. I couldn't imagine a worse quality of life than not consuming fruit, meat, cutting calories, and fasting. What do they eat? Brown rice and vegetables all day? That's straight monk status

Edit: Watched some of the video, and he states he avoids sugar and carb...so I believe he is literally eating butter, oils, vegetables, and probably small amounts of meat.

Last edited:

dbh25

These guys must have the most bland, low energy, boring conscious states. I couldn't imagine a worse quality of life than not consuming fruit, meat, cutting calories, and fasting. What do they eat? Brown rice and vegetables all day? That's straight monk status

Edit: Watched some of the video, and he states he avoids sugar and carb...so I believe he is literally eating butter, oils, vegetables, and probably small amounts of meat.
He mentioned eating homemade yogurt. I would think he eats some dairy and fruit, and meant to say no added sugar or carbs like pasta/rice.

Wow, he uses both metformin and statins. Says he had high cholesterol, so he needs to lower it . Seems like hypothyroidism. Also, he said that NMN irritates his stomach, and as a consequence he eats less, and thinks it's a good thing.

thomas00

He manages to get a sensational headline in a major newspaper here in Australia every once and awhile. You know the sort- 'scientist discovers x which might hold the secret to long life'.

He's done a few somewhat interesting rat studies such as looking at which macronutrient ratio would lead to the longest life. Probably nothing that hasn't been done before though.

He's a resveratrol proponent.

boxers

Well. I should say peat is my foundation, but specifically in regards to sinclair would be fasting and starch.
I have noticed tremendous benefits to my mental clarity and energy by incorporating fasting, but still benefit from days of overfeeding on sugars

Im probably 60% peat / 40 sinclair.

Herbie

I listened to this and noticed he doesn’t have a sharp memory and or doesn’t really know what he is talking about or doing as he was a bit vaige when asked questions.

He said he trys not to eat much which sounds like an eating disorder to me. Seems malnourished and socially awkward, doesn’t know how to build raport with Joe.

I assumed someone like him would be really inspiring, up lifting and a leader.

boxers

I listened to this and noticed he doesn’t have a sharp memory and or doesn’t really know what he is talking about or doing as he was a bit vaige when asked questions.

He said he trys not to eat much which sounds like an eating disorder to me. Seems malnourished and socially awkward, doesn’t know how to build raport with Joe.

I assumed someone like him would be really inspiring, up lifting and a leader.

Yes you have a good point here.

Im assuming thats just his personality and not life style. He does look quite good for his age

Herbie

Yes you have a good point here.

Im assuming thats just his personality and not life style. He does look quite good for his age

Yeah he does look young but in an effeminate way, certainly doesn’t exude rugged masculinity.

Im unsure and suspicious why the medical establishment would want to create disease free long lasting humans.

gaze

now that his entire brand is anti aging, he’s probably going to be delving into things like botox, surgery, etc. to keep his “youthful” look, so his brand isn’t tarnished

now that his entire brand is anti aging, he’s probably going to be delving into things like botox, surgery, etc. to keep his “youthful” look, so his brand isn’t tarnished

The thing is you can look young/fresh on the outside but be very old/worn/fatigued/sick on the inside. I'd rather actually be younger/less stressed on the inside before worrying about just the outside (since in this case one drastically helps the other -- much unlike the other way around where it doesn't do much of anything for it).

gaze

The thing is you can look young/fresh on the outside but be very old/worn/fatigued/sick on the inside. I'd rather actually be younger/less stressed on the inside before worrying about just the outside (since in this case one drastically helps the other -- much unlike the other way around where it doesn't do much of anything for it).

As would I. Problem is society today judges people from the outside, so many are easily fooled by a simple botox. Also not many understand how common botox is. Almost every single hollywood actor ever has some sort of fake thing going on because theirs face is their brand, so they can’t afford to lose it

As would I. Problem is society today judges people from the outside, so many are easily fooled by a simple botox

Well I wouldn't judge anyone just for changing their appearance, but just was pointing out how masking the outside doesn't fix the inside aging/illnesses/etc. I'm more aware of inside ills, so I try and focus on that first -- but it is much. much. much harder and different than cosmetics, which is straightforward and seemingly/instantly effective usually. You can fool on the outside fairly well, but the real test is to fool from the inside (as in being super old chronologically but being youthful still in all ways).