Joe Rogan, Rhonda Patrick: Ketogenic Diet

Herbie

Interesting to note that as a Black Belt in BJJ, Rogan doesn't have the tell-tale cauliflower-ear.

Here's a younger Rogan with hair:

3034165400117597861620.jpg

Vs Joe today:

Joe-Rogan-Body-Measurements-Shoe-Size.jpg

He has gut inflammation in the 2nd photo look how much effort he is putting in to flexing/holding all the organs in, you can see the ribs are lifted up but stomach sucked in using diaphragm to hold up the gut compared to the first photo where he more relaxed and rib cage is relaxed and in normal position where it can't be noticed. His nose is folding (witches nose, maybe thats where the eastern european mention comes from) over and I've noticed that with mouth breathers and long distance athletes.

For someone taking testosterone and being active he has obviously lost a lot of muscle mass imagine what he would look like if he stopped the testosterone.

Whatever he is doing is god awfully stressful, if those adrenaline levels came down he would be in hell.

Dave Man Child Asprey, Mark Sisson, Charles Poliquin, Joe Rogan, Tim Ferris and friends are a virus and one needs a strong immune system to keep them at bay.

Mjhl85

You got it!

Some features that i think aren't that great i associate with east europeans. That's just how it is. And i see those features in Joe nowadays.
I don't seriously think he's ugly but he used to be more handsome and i see some weird changes in his face.

I'm not saying all east europeans are ugly. There's also beautiful features i associate with east europeans.
well it is all just opinion, it's a bit ridiculous to quantify handsomeness with race. Not to mention, he looks like he's in great shape.
Some of you act like humans dont age. He's aged, it happens to everybody. Look at Peat from the 2005 video to the back on tiger trailers. He's aged.
I think the remarks here are overly critical. The puzzle is what rogan uses to remain in such shape at this age.

jitsmonkey

Joe frequently trains with headgear hence no cauli ear.
cauli also is a product of 3 things
early novice training and certain styles and then of course some are prone to it and some not.
Joe's early years were all with headgear and he has trained very little in the last 5 or 6 years due to his neck and back as reported by him.

Interesting to note that as a Black Belt in BJJ, Rogan doesn't have the tell-tale cauliflower-ear.

Here's a younger Rogan with hair:

3034165400117597861620.jpg

Vs Joe today:

Joe-Rogan-Body-Measurements-Shoe-Size.jpg
e

Last edited:
well it is all just opinion, it's a bit ridiculous to quantify handsomeness with race. Not to mention, he looks like he's in great shape.
Some of you act like humans dont age. He's aged, it happens to everybody. Look at Peat from the 2005 video to the back on tiger trailers. He's aged.
I think the remarks here are overly critical. The puzzle is what rogan uses to remain in such shape at this age.
It was just the first thing that popped into my head that he's looking like a east european thug these days.
I wasn't so serious. :toiletclaw

Joe says things about "sugar" that are factually wrong and he is overweight for his height. No he doesn't have all muscle. He has some fat. Nothing wrong with some fat but it makes him sound silly because he claims sugar turns to fat and he avoids sugar and eats keto but yet still has excess fat stores. And he claims to eat keto but doesn't even know what true ketosis even is. Is his tongue coated white everyday from acetone? No. Then he's not in ketosis.

Spokey

I really like Joe, love some of his interviews. But the ketogenic thing is depressing.

KetoDiesel

Joe Rogan does his own version of keto and probably goes on and off it from periods of eating crap then back to keto again. He is also on “TRT” and GH and that is why his guy looks like that. He also sees that it is very marketable so I am sure he probably pretends he is keto to push those stupid exogenous ketone products all these fools push as of late.

I have been on keto since 1995 and love it. I am 43 and best shape of my life. I lost 80lbs many years ago, I am stronger in the gym when I am strict keto vs a glucose base fuel/diet. My blood work is stellar and I am in the best shape of my life, not odd looking like Rogan with that GH abdomen.

Most hate/criticism of the keto diet are from those who just don’t want to try or learn and prefer to spread the myths/rumors about the “evil” keto diet.

Yes many MMA guys are keto now, I have friends who own gyms and MMA facilities and many of them are really loving keto.

I actually combine Intermittent fasting with Keto as do many of the people I know and we love it.

The photo about of that fat guy in the stupid shirt, that is Jimmy Moore a keto zealot who has no idea how to do a properly formulated ketogenic diet. He is what we call a ‘butter chugger” not a real keto person. He is a marketing person, nothing more.

At the end of the day, the best diet in the world…….is…. the one you can stick too.

sladerunner69

Keto may not be healthy but it is effevtive at one thing- shedding fat FAST! thats why these guys like it so much and try to defend it any way they can.

Keto may not be healthy but it is effevtive at one thing- shedding fat FAST! thats why these guys like it so much and try to defend it any way they can.

Yes, and that's precisely how people get into trouble. They become obsessed with short-term results and forget the big picture.

ATP

Joe Rogan does his own version of keto and probably goes on and off it from periods of eating crap then back to keto again. He is also on “TRT” and GH and that is why his guy looks like that. He also sees that it is very marketable so I am sure he probably pretends he is keto to push those stupid exogenous ketone products all these fools push as of late.

I have been on keto since 1995 and love it. I am 43 and best shape of my life. I lost 80lbs many years ago, I am stronger in the gym when I am strict keto vs a glucose base fuel/diet. My blood work is stellar and I am in the best shape of my life, not odd looking like Rogan with that GH abdomen.

Most hate/criticism of the keto diet are from those who just don’t want to try or learn and prefer to spread the myths/rumors about the “evil” keto diet.

Yes many MMA guys are keto now, I have friends who own gyms and MMA facilities and many of them are really loving keto.

I actually combine Intermittent fasting with Keto as do many of the people I know and we love it.

The photo about of that fat guy in the stupid shirt, that is Jimmy Moore a keto zealot who has no idea how to do a properly formulated ketogenic diet. He is what we call a ‘butter chugger” not a real keto person. He is a marketing person, nothing more.

At the end of the day, the best diet in the world…….is…. the one you can stick too.
What is a "properly formulated ketogenic diet" and why do you think Jimmy Moore is doing anything other than a standard keto diet.
A lot of people who follow a low carb keto diet long term look old and stressed, with either thinning hair or prematurely gray hair.

jaywills

Hi @KetoDiesel . Thanks for posting, always good to hear and learn of alternate eating behaviors on this forum.

1) May i ask how you came across Peat and why you are posting here - purely out of curiosity.

2) Would be really interested to hear your dietary staples and general macros
3) Additionally, how has your libido been since HF, LC?
4) And lastly, do you remain in ketosis 24/7 or have carb re-feeds or periods of carb consumption?

Thanks, Jay

Waynish

Her critique that citing all in-vitro studies can make an argument weak is true, though.

Her critique that citing all in-vitro studies can make an argument weak is true, though.

Yes, but Peat definitely has the "sounds smarter when he speaks" thing going for him. Dr. Patrick would do well to listen to her Joe Rogan podcasts. Saying "like" every other word can drown out many otherwise intelligent points:grimacing:

OP
A

aquaman

The criticism from this forum would be mostly described on the YouTube video from the first post about the Hydroxy form.

Most people seem to go on Keto diet to get "shred". That's their measuring stick of whether it's good or not.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
It should also be noted that Rogan is always open to new ideas. If we could only get Haidut on his podcast......:darts:

I hope to God that never happens. This place doesn't need that kind of attention. The culture at large hasn't even overturned cholesterol/saturated fat myths. This forum is great, but its quiet and tranquil existence ensures that the people who wind up here are the people who were looking for these kinds of discussions in the first place.

KetoDiesel

What is a "properly formulated ketogenic diet" and why do you think Jimmy Moore is doing anything other than a standard keto diet.

A lot of people who follow a low carb keto diet long term look old and stressed, with either thinning hair or prematurely gray hair.

A properly formulated ketogenic diet is one that has adequate protein, very low carbs (usually under 30gms) and fat as needed…Keto is NOT a high fat diet (regardless of all those silly books on Amazon.com) it is a LOW carb diet.

Jimmy is obsessed with “controlling hormones” and does not believe at all in CICO (calories in vs calories out) and thinks it is not possible to get fat if all you eat is fat and low protein. He consumes sticks of butter daily (no joke) and fears protein. He is a zealot who now turned into nothing more than a shill for MLM companies. He has a very unhealthy relationship with food and is trying to jump on the keto train and misleads so many people into buying into his nonsense.

He looks horrible (like a fat vegan) because he restricts protein and consumes hundreds an hundreds of grams of fat a day. Very sad.

Hi @KetoDiesel . Thanks for posting, always good to hear and learn of alternate eating behaviors on this forum.

1) May i ask how you came across Peat and why you are posting here - purely out of curiosity.

2) Would be really interested to hear your dietary staples and general macros

3) Additionally, how has your libido been since HF, LC?

4) And lastly, do you remain in ketosis 24/7 or have carb re-feeds or periods of carb consumption?

Thanks, Jay

1 - Hey Jay I don’t recall how I got here lol but I do get weekly emails of various topics and when I see one I like to read or reply but it is not often. I think the 1st time I popped on here was in reply to a keto question.

2 – my macros are around 200-250gms of protein, carbs under 30gms and fat I vary from 50-125gms a day. I do this because I know keto is about 1 and only one macronutrient, carbs. You can eat all the protein or all the fat (or no fat) and you are still keto. I even tested the silly theory and fear of Gluconeogenesis. I consumed up to 500gms of protein a day for a week, I did blood ketone tests 10 times a day and zero negative impact on my ketone levels. This is the biggest fear/myth/misconception with these new keto people that too much protein is “bad” for ketosis. People like Jimmy Moore spread this myth and then you see the result, they are look sickly. Gluconeogenesis is a demand driven process NOT supply and we are not going to alter that by eating more of something.

3 – libido is great unless I do VERY low fat (like a PSMF) from time to time then it can get a little low but as long as I consume adequate fat for hormones I am fine in that area.

4 – my 1st keto diet in early 90’s was basic Atkins but I never got out of the induction phase, I did not add carbs or veggies back in. As I learned more I dabbled with carbs and ever since the mid 90s I have done a CKD (weekly or bi-weekly carb ups). For no other reason than it is fun (fun to eat a box of fruity pebbles) and also for the benefits carbs has on up regulating/normalizing hormones; t3, leptin, ghrelin etc.

But because I am so well fat adapted I really don’t even “get out” of ketosis during my 1 day carb up. I still show blood ketones (albeit very low) and back to normal blood levels the next morning.

The criticism from this forum would be mostly described on the YouTube video from the first post about the Hydroxy form.

Most people seem to go on Keto diet to get "shred". That's their measuring stick of whether it's good or not.

Yes those are the “bros” who do keto as a quick fix, it is and has been a lifestyle for me. I lost 80lbs doing this and then totally changed my physique from a fat kid/guy to a guy you would see in the fitness magazines…I still have fat kid genetics so I get fat very easy hence why I do cardio all the damn time. But my vitals are great, resting heart rate is 52, bp is 110/68, cholesterol is like 150? I forget but very low trigs/ldls and good HDL. I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis but 90% of my symptoms are gone and stays that way with keto. I am also hypo thyroid (150mcg Synthroid daily) and I do Intermittent Fasting which I love as much if not MORE than keto...

Last edited:

Waynish

Yes, but Peat definitely has the "sounds smarter when he speaks" thing going for him. Dr. Patrick would do well to listen to her Joe Rogan podcasts. Saying "like" every other word can drown out many otherwise intelligent points:grimacing:

She's a young attractive female. Omitting "like" from her speech would almost be dishonest ;P

Hugh Johnson

You got it!

Some features that i think aren't that great i associate with east europeans. That's just how it is. And i see those features in Joe nowadays.
I don't seriously think he's ugly but he used to be more handsome and i see some weird changes in his face.

I'm not saying all east europeans are ugly. There's also beautiful features i associate with east europeans.
The East European diet has some serious issue. Low calcium , high PUFA , high phosphate.

That being said East Europe has some of the most beautiful women in the world.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals