Scientists Believe They’re Getting Closer To An Anti-aging Pill

tankasnowgod

@tankasnowgod
What's the best way to do that in your opinion?

Niacinamide is a direct precursor, and Haidut has posted a few studies that it raises NAD+ very well- Niacinamide Causes Dramatic Increase In Nad And Fall In Lactate

Niacinamide is probably the cheapest and most effective, but there are some other substances that could also do this (and may have a synergistic effect). I think Methelyene Blue, Inosine, and Lithium also increase NAD+, and have been discussed on the forum before.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Well, I can't speak for REI, but here are the overall strategies that I use-

Eat good food.

Live in a good place.

Keep stress low (both stressful events, and hormones)

Optimize youth associated hormones (pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA).

Optimize Androgens (Testosterone, DHT, Androsterone, and so on)

Improve Circulation

Keep NAD+ high, and improve NAD+/NADH ratio

Keep Metabolism high (big on thryroid)

Keep Fat Soluble Vitamins High (A,D,E, and K2)

Optimize B Vitamins (B1, B2, B3 especially)

Monitor body iron stores, and keep them near-deficiency.

Minimize PUFA

Minimize Endotoxin

Always stay engaged and keep learning

Have Goals

Have a good social circle

That's a fair amount of things right there. Also easier said that done. But there are also strategies and discussions on how to achieve the first 10, while the last 3 are pretty much up to the individual.

As for what "pills" you might take? How about Niacinamide, Thiamine, Riboblavin, All the fat soluble vitamins, Pregnenolone, Androgens (if you have access), NDT or T4/T3, Methylene Blue, various quinones, Antibiotics, Lactoferrin, and (while not a pills) donate blood, red and infrared light, and Inclined Bed Therapy.

I like a lot of your ideas, but for me there are to many supplements made with chemicals that have a variable and sometimes a questionable supply chain.

I prefer nutritional mushrooms like Reishi and Cordycepts, you have to be selective and find good quality, but they have a long recoded history of very beneficial health giving attributes, including extending life.

Light

No, I've not tried it personally but I do think that is what he was referring to in the post. Hopefully he will pop back in and let us know if my speculation is correct. I probably would have tried it in my younger years if I'd had the opportunity but at this point in my life I'm doing good on the sober track. :)
I'de lick the floor of a public bathroom if it can make me better :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'de lick the floor of a public bathroom if it can make me better :)
I think you're in a good place being on this forum. There are lots of helpful people here and informative threads to learn from with no public bathroom floor licking required!:):

Light

I think you're in a good place being on this forum. There are lots of helpful people here and informative threads to learn from with no public bathroom floor licking required!:):
Just keeping my options opened

L

lollipop

Eat good food.

Live in a good place.

Improve Circulation

Minimize PUFA

Minimize Endotoxin

Have Goals

That's a fair amount of things right there. Also easier said that done. But there are also strategies and discussions on how to achieve the first 10, while the last 3 are pretty much up to the individual.

As for what "pills" you might take? How about Niacinamide, Thiamine, Riboblavin, All the fat soluble vitamins, Pregnenolone, Androgens (if you have access), NDT or T4/T3, Methylene Blue, various quinones, Antibiotics, Lactoferrin, and (while not a pills) donate blood, red and infrared light, and Inclined Bed Therapy.
+1 excellent post!

L

lollipop

I like a lot of your ideas, but for me there are to many supplements made with chemicals that have a variable and sometimes a questionable supply chain.

I prefer nutritional mushrooms like Reishi and Cordycepts, you have to be selective and find good quality, but they have a long recoded history of very beneficial health giving attributes, including extending life.
I agree and also like Chaga and gynostemma. Also I love enzymes - highly anti-inflammatory.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I agree and also like Chaga and gynostemma. Also I love enzymes - highly anti-inflammatory.

Royal jelly is cool stuff also, it is very nutritionally dense, i interestingly found that it works best when taken with some raw honey at the same time.

L

lollipop

Royal jelly is cool stuff also, it is very nutritionally dense, i interestingly found that it works best when taken with some raw honey at the same time.
Interesting @Daniel11 I never have tried Royal Jelly - will research it. I appreciate your natural approach.

I love raw honey like you mentioned. In the rare case of cold/flu swollen throat, I have used manuka honey to sooth my throat and could sense its antibiotic activity working on the infection. Impressive really.

lacto man

If you want to forestall the aging process look no further than to stomach acid. By the time we reach 60 we produce about 25% of the amount of HCL that we did in our teens. Without HCL we cannot break down and absorb nutrients. It's also why so many older people cannot eat after 4 PM, because their food does not process and they get gas that must be passed. If you are over 50 and want to prevent aging the best thing you can do is take an HCL supplement with your meals. Preferably that would be the time you also take any vitamin supplements so they can get broken down and properly absorbed.

B

Braveheart

Eat good food.

Live in a good place.

Improve Circulation

Minimize PUFA

Minimize Endotoxin

Have Goals

If you want to forestall the aging process look no further than to stomach acid. By the time we reach 60 we produce about 25% of the amount of HCL that we did in our teens. Without HCL we cannot break down and absorb nutrients. It's also why so many older people cannot eat after 4 PM, because their food does not process and they get gas that must be passed. If you are over 50 and want to prevent aging the best thing you can do is take an HCL supplement with your meals. Preferably that would be the time you also take any vitamin supplements so they can get broken down and properly absorbed.

Last edited by a moderator:

baccheion

Iodine protocol, selegiline, topical pregnenolone + DHEA, melatonin for women to delay/reverse menopause symptoms, MSM lotion, maintaining nutrient/hormone sufficiency (preferred range within the acceptable range), quality sleep, minimizing stress, diet/nutrition, etc..

And lecithin/phosphatidylcholine as a bile-like emulsifier.

tankasnowgod

This is another good reason to give Incline Bed Therapy a try. Our digestive system uses gravity for optimal transit. Ignoring that constant force and lying flat for 8 hour or so can lead to all sorts of digestive problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals