Daring Equals Death, What Can This Mindset Mean And Why Do I Have It?

TreasureVibe

Daring equals death, trying anything that is uncharted territory, feels like death. Why is this and what can I do for it?

Along with a constant idea that I'm about to die or that something is wrong with my heart etc. Panicky, extreme hypochondriac.

olive

Perhaps an overactive amygdala. Focus on breathing exercises, increasing GABA, meditation, reading philosophy, etc.

Regina

Daring equals death, trying anything that is uncharted territory, feels like death. Why is this and what can I do for it?

Along with a constant idea that I'm about to die or that something is wrong with my heart etc. Panicky, extreme hypochondriac.
have you tried inosine?

Thoushant

If you have a constant thought you are about to die, might as well live everyday as your last day ...amirite?

Hypochondriac imo is having emotional worries or trouble, and instead of dealing with it mentally, you feel something in your body and start to lock down on it.
My suggestions is to get a clue of what emotions might be kickstarting the process.
This helped me a lot:
Start a journal
1. write event that happend before you felt bad
2. Write how the event made you feel, If you can't name the emotion, try to logically deduce what it might have been from this list. There are no restrictions, write 10 emotions for 1 second event.
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites...otion-wheel.png?itok=Tgl6FyHF&resize=1100x619
3. Is there a fear/worry of something that popped up just as the event happend? It can be very faint, almost unnoticable, but try to remember if for a split second you thought of something worrysome and your behaviour started to change
4. The thought you had probably have a personal belief/conviction and an emotion, what motivated the thought? Disgust for others, anger from others, anger at others, fear for self, fear for others, fear of others etc etc, and what belief is allowing this thought to blossom "everyone is an ***hole" "everyone is out to get me" "no one cares" Notice the wordings: often its distortions of reality we accept, and this distorted image motivates ill feelings you might not want to deal with, so instead you choose to focus on bodily sensations.
5. Maybe you feel you are not living up to a certain expectations you THINK everyone has of you, so you try to find exuse for why through disease? Just a segway question to intrensic vs extrensic motivation: if the thought come from searching something outside, vs inside .Or you have some perfectionistic expectation you uphold yourself to, but can't always reach. Emotional Competency - Motivation
Emotional Competency - Distortions

Also: In MBTI terms "Inferior sensing function" often present some hypochondriac signs. According to MBTI, the inferior functions comes about during early twenties. yada yada yada it's a long talk, and I don't feel like writing much about it, but typically if you are dominant intuitive, feeling or thinking.
But the get out: try to open the water and put your hands under, now kinda space out, and just notice the sensation of water on your skin. try different temperatures, pressures etc. Run hands through grass, really feel the texture of some food. Feet through sand. Red light anywhere. Just notice the bodily sensations without attribituing danger, just sense your body..
You could also start challenging the certain belief of danger, to when you feel something. Your mind is convinced
Also: feelsbadman, you do have some health issues. I'm not saying disregard all worry, but from pesonal experience, I used to worry about everything except for what is/was actually disease for me, collitis..

Last edited:

Spokey

Acceptance of the possibility you might die is a actually a solid mental strategy.

I may fail. So?
I might be embarrassed. So what?
I might die. Is that the worst that can happen? I don't care.

It might seem like fatalism, but fully embracing a fear can kill it completely and break a destructive cycle.
This is how you take away its power to control you.

biffbelvin

Are there any external sources of stress, such as a challenging relationshop/Job?

People on this forum have postulated that socializing and novel experiences are energy intensive exercises.

If you're dealing with a chronic stressor, particularly emotional ones, you're quite possibly running on adrenaline/cortisol under 'normal' circumstances. Any additional stress, such as from novel experiences (particularly) social, are likely to push you over the edge, causing feelings of anxiety/doom.

I went through the exact same thing as yourself whilst in an incredibly toxic relationship. I was getting around 5-10 adrenaline rushes a day due to my partner's behaviour. All of my energy was put into coping with this stressor and trying to manage my behaviour (and most importantly, our environment) to reduce these oubursts.

Drinking a beer, going to the movies; these were all minor stresses, but on top of what I was already dealing with, they where the straw that broke the camel's back.

I recovered from this within a few weeks of ending the relationship and moving out. I now find myself craving social experiences and find myself becoming more resilient, the more I do.

But the get out: try to open the water and put your hands under, now kinda space out, and just notice the sensation of water on your skin. try different temperatures, pressures etc. Run hands through grass, really feel the texture of some food. Feet through sand. Red light anywhere. Just notice the bodily sensations without attribituing danger, just sense your body.

Is this what is meant by mindfulness? Regardless, I've found doing this to be very enjoyable. Ironically, I never felt the need to rationalise it, which I guess is part of the point your making!?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals