Health is a process, but what can I do right now?

It takes time to get results, but the clock only ticks one way. I know that balding is a systemic issue, and am taking steps to fix my metabolic health.

But what can I do right now? I feel like every time I look in the mirror my hairline has receded further. I just want to tell it to take a break! Why can't it wait a few months?

What is something that can put a pause on it? Niacinimide and Pregnenelone (or any of the hormones, it seems) seem to have a risk of accelerating loss? What are some things that are extremely low-risk things that I can do? Although I guess risk aversion is estrogenic behavior, lol.

I'm not eating any unpeaty foods, but it's an incomplete diet, I'm sure there are defiencies. Are there foods or nutrients to prioritize for hair retention specifically?

golder

Good question.
Spend the next week really trying to go 3rd person and see the small things that positively and negatively affect your mood.
Spend the week after that trying to redistribute your activities to the more favourable ones.

OP
Peat Bogdanoff

Grapelander

I do avoid PUFA, but generally eat single whole foods as opposed to cooking.

Interesting herb. Would you suggest topical application as an oil or ingesting the powder?
You can find the oil for sale at Ayurvedic herbal suppliers -or- maybe you have an India store in your area.
The powder or herb is also good also for liver and mental issues.
I stopped taking capsules; so I power my herbs down with juice or milk.

LLight

Interesting, what is the rationale behind this? I would be wary of this.
You cannot afford drinking too much fluid if your metabolic health is bad.

Conversely, limiting fluid (or at least, the frequency of fluid intake) can help digestion (gastric acid & bile increase) I believe and digestion is a big health factor.

Are you french?

Ps: you can have a look at this thread if you are interested. The most "interesting" posts are towards the end.

Last edited:

WonMore

It depends on what have you done so far. If you've got your diet more or less covered, thyroid is the next most general and essential thing. Also Vitamin D probably - easy to check and supplement.
"Niacinimide and Pregnenelone (or any of the hormones, it seems) seem to have a risk of accelerating loss?" - why would it be that? Just have necessary fuel and you'll be good.
I was still freaking out, even after I had discovered Peat for some time. Once I realized and understand that it really is reversible, I calmed down. And your outlook and perspectives change naturally when you're starting to get better.

ThinPicking

Conversely, limiting fluid (or at least, the frequency of fluid intake) can help digestion (gastric acid & bile increase) I believe and digestion is a big health factor.

Are you french?

Ps: you can have a look at this thread if you are interested. The most "interesting" posts are towards the end.
Interesting you mention the frequency. I've been toying with fluids quite a bit and there's definitely something in this.

"Intermittent drinking, oxytocin and human health" - https//doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2016.04.043/

OP
Peat Bogdanoff

Are you french?

Hmm, getting the hundred grams of protein a day is gonna be tough if I'm not able to rely on milk, then-and those rennet cheeses are burning a hole in my pocket, yeesh. Turkey has the highest ratio of mass to protein but fowl are full of PUFA, right?

OP
Peat Bogdanoff
It depends on what have you done so far. If you've got your diet more or less covered, thyroid is the next most general and essential thing. Also Vitamin D probably - easy to check and supplement.
"Niacinimide and Pregnenelone (or any of the hormones, it seems) seem to have a risk of accelerating loss?" - why would it be that? Just have necessary fuel and you'll be good.
I was still freaking out, even after I had discovered Peat for some time. Once I realized and understand that it really is reversible, I calmed down. And your outlook and perspectives change naturally when you're starting to get better.
I mean I would say I know academically what my diet should look like but I don't have the time, money, or agricultural connections to make that happen completely. That I'm still a little b**** who gets grossed out by the taste of meat after 20 years of vegetarianism.

I say that because I see people here reporting worse hair loss after taking niacinamide or pregnenelone (even though theoretically preg should have no negative effects?)

I don't know how reversible it really is. I feel like if it was that reversible we'd have more success stories. It seems like most success has been from people who managed to slow or stop the loss, and regained a point or two on the scale. That said it's clearly representative of an underlying problem, and fixing that problem should fix the hair-if it isn't past a state of no return.

LLight

Interesting you mention the frequency. I've been toying with fluids quite a bit and there's definitely something in this.

"Intermittent drinking, oxytocin and human health" - https//doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2016.04.043/
Yeah that was one if the first publication that got me interested in this topic :):

@Peat Bogdanoff The fat of birds is not very saturated indeed (this is only the case for ruminants). I'm not sure a protein goal is really something fundamental but I stand to be corrected.

OP
Peat Bogdanoff
Have you known anyone who used this for thinning hair with success?
I feel like anything that doesn't make it worse is probably worth trying, but I have noticed that people falsely interpret something promoting hair growth as promoting hair growth in places where hair is not growing. The issue of fixing thinning hair is more complicated than increasing hair growth in areas where hair is already growing.