Cyproheptadine + Aspirin Safety?

tomisonbottom

I was on 2 mg twice a day, and I gained 20 pounds in a month. Some of it fast. I've lost since going to half that dose. I was not trying to lose weight. I was trying to eat a lot.

How much of the 20 pounds did you lose, and in what period of time?

Pointless

I lost about 8 pounds in 2 weeks. Acetazolamide helped, so I think it was just water.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Is there anything wrong with having thin blood, be it by aspirin and cyproheptadine, providing you don't get any cuts?

You can get internal bleeding if you have bad ulcers. You can also get bleeding in the brain, even though the studies using aspirin only found it reduced that type of bleeding. Not sure if adding cyproheptadine makes it worse, but I would not risk it. I think adding 5mg K2 is a wise idea if using both aspirin and cypro.

scarlettsmum

Benedicte as recommended by RP for consults on his websites recommended to me to take 1/4 cypro in the evening as well as 500mg aspirin in the afternoon every day (not sure for how long, but she didn't put any time scale on this) with 4 drops of vitamin K by Thorne.

raypeatclips

When you say you can't function....what exactly does cypro do for you? Does it make you sleepy at all?

That was, can't fuction WITHOUT cypro at the moment. The past 2 months had severe seasonal allergies I did nothing for because of concerns about antihistamine safety. I felt horrific. Thankfully I started to take cypro 0.5mg x 2 a day and this made the world of difference. Yes the cypro made me very sleepy at first but start it on days off if you are concerned about that. After a few weeks I can miss a dose for 36 hours before symptoms return and there is not much sleepiness if I resume cypro. Benefits have been improved allergies, digestion and allows me to ramp up coffee intake.

Katty

How long does it take to get cypro out of the system? If I'm concerned about the blood thinning effects, would stopping it one day in advance be sufficient if someone is having a procedure where they don't want thinned blood?

OP
T

tara

Benedicte as recommended by RP for consults on his websites recommended to me to take 1/4 cypro in the evening as well as
1/4 of a 4mg tablet? Or 1/4 mg?

OP
T

tara

DaveFoster

I take about 4 mg cypro with around a gram of aspirin per day. No issues thus far, but I take famotidine to prevent an ulcer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals