Reducing Serotonin And Inflammation With Drugs

haidut

Forum Supporter
With the caveat that this is not a medical recommendation here is my experience with some drugs looked favorably upon by Peat. I got mine from Europe where you dont need prescription for these drugs.
Cyproheptadine: for me the optimal dose is 4mg at night before going to bed. Takin more makes me extremely drowsy the following day. Taking less barely had an effect. Sleep improved a lot and bowel became less sensitive to allergens and additives in supplements i Was taking.

Ondansetron: Same dose - 4mg was optimal for me. More gave me headache, less did not help with irritated stomach. For those interested, 4mg ondansetron did wonders for bad hangovers but i got same good results with 3g of aspirin dissolved in soda water and a glass of Pedialyte for replenishing electrolytes.

Naltrexone: i took a 50mg pill and cut it into 4 equal pieces. Taking a full 50mg pill made me feel weird and sleepy but also anxious. Taking the widely discussed 4mg dose had a good effect initially but it wore off after a couple of days. The quarter of 50mg pill gave consistently good results like intense warmth over the entire body, calm mind, improved energy, and...sudden surge in libido. The last effect was kinda unexpected but it turned out that it is verry common. Just search Pubmed for "naltrexone libido" or "naltrexone testosterone" and you will see why.

Puttinh it all together- i combined all three substances into a stack and took the above doses at the same time. In my experince these drugs are synergistic. When taking all three I got more intense results and they lasted longer. Obviously consult with a doctor before doing anything similar.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I take the above combination on days when I feel like diet and the supplements are not helping. Sort of like heavy artillery until things are under control again. Then I go back to diet and/or supplements. Typically takin the above for 2-3 days is sufficient to normalize any symptoms.

Beebop

haidut said:
I got mine from Europe where you dont need prescription for these drugs.

Hi, did you get them over the counter or online?

Thanks for sharing!

chris

What did you do to combat slowed stools from reducing serotonin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am originally from Eastern Europe but currently live in the US. When I go back to visit family I just go the pharmacy and ask for those drugs directly. The pharmacist asks me some questions about why I need them and as long as I give a letigimate reason I get ghem without prescription. The reason I gave was exactly as I said - reducing serotonin. I think you can buy all of these drugs online from a licensed pharmacy without prescription too. If someone is interested in getting a link to the pharmacy website please send me a PM.

Finally, to answer the question about combatting slow stools from reduced serotonin. With the doses I listed above I did not get slow bowel. I do get slow bowel from crappy foods though and the take two pills of Cascara Sagrada, each pill is 420mg forna total of 840mg. That dose has almost immediate effect and it persists all day. So I only take that much Cascara when i feel I have a problem. My typical dose for reducing bowel inflammation is one pill, which is in line with what RP recommended.

chris

At 4mg ondansetron I got blocked up for days, even at over 1g cascara. I had to stop for a while to let things normalise. Currently trying 2x1mg ondansetron with 500mg cascara per day. Other than constipation I have not noticed anything from the ondansetron yet.

lazz

I wouldnt touch "naltrexone " , not even for all the money in the world.There are a lot of mixed reviews and not a chemical i wanna f* with.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
lazz said:
I wouldnt touch "naltrexone " , not even for all the money in the world.There are a lot of mixed reviews and not a chemical i wanna f* with.

I am with you on this one. If you don't think you have problems with endorphins, then no need to experiment with pharma drug. However, I used to run about 10 miles a day and that does put the endorphin system in overdrive. Naltrexone did remove that manic feeling I was getting after running (called runner's high), and that was big help for me b/c I was not able to sleep after a run. My mind was racing all the time and I was having nightmares. I would only take it until things normalize, not as a regular supplement. After things calm down, I focused on diet and supplements.

Parsifal

haidut said:
Naltrexone did remove that manic feeling I was getting after running (called runner's high), and that was big help for me b/c I was not able to sleep after a run. My mind was racing all the time and I was having nightmares. I would only take it until things normalize, not as a regular supplement. After things calm down, I focused on diet and supplements.
Why does orgasm make males fall asleep then?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Parsifal said:
post 113077
haidut said:
Naltrexone did remove that manic feeling I was getting after running (called runner's high), and that was big help for me b/c I was not able to sleep after a run. My mind was racing all the time and I was having nightmares. I would only take it until things normalize, not as a regular supplement. After things calm down, I focused on diet and supplements.
Prolactin and oxytocin mainly. Even mainstream medicine admits their role.
http://www.livescience.com/32445-why-do ... r-sex.html
"...Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy."
A drop in dopamine also means a surge in serotonin. That makes people listless and sleepy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

haidut said:
post 113080
Parsifal said:
post 113077
haidut said:
Prolactin and oxytocin mainly. Even mainstream medicine admits their role.
http://www.livescience.com/32445-why-do ... r-sex.html
"...Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy."
A drop in dopamine also means a surge in serotonin. That makes people listless and sleepy too.
Amazing, thanks! I've ordered some Tianeptine as well, will tell you how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
bump for @haidut response to the above question?

@aquaman
That was more than 5 years ago. These days I only use cypro and only as needed to normalize bowel transit if I feel the intestine is irritated.

golder

Thanks - I’m aware it was a while ago that you posted that. I was just keen to see which of the three had stayed with you in the fullness of time. Do you still dose the Cypro at roughly 3mg in the evenings whenever you do take it?

I’m keen to also try Naltrexone a few times a month at 10-20mg to help ease my body as I gently transition to a more pro-dopamine state. I’ll probably save it for when I’m feeling overaroused in a particularly stressful path. Is there anything that you have experienced/learnt that would encourage you away from the naltrexone since it lost its place on your current protocol?

Thanks again

Waynish

Thanks - I’m aware it was a while ago that you posted that. I was just keen to see which of the three had stayed with you in the fullness of time. Do you still dose the Cypro at roughly 3mg in the evenings whenever you do take it?

I’m keen to also try Naltrexone a few times a month at 10-20mg to help ease my body as I gently transition to a more pro-dopamine state. I’ll probably save it for when I’m feeling overaroused in a particularly stressful path. Is there anything that you have experienced/learnt that would encourage you away from the naltrexone since it lost its place on your current protocol?

Thanks again

Naltrexone seems powerful enough at low doses to be worth trying it that way first. I would say around dinner time 3 days in a row, then assess changes, and continue to go off or continue.

IIRC, haidut and many on this forum believe cypro to be significantly safer than the rest, including Ondansetron.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thanks again

I think LDN still has a place as tool for improving health but I am with Peat on using it only for a few days and then stopping if there is no benefit. As far as cypro, I use 2mg when I feel the need to take it. Have not used higher doses in years.