Cream In Coffee

teds

Forum Supporter
hello all:

"Coffee supports the metabolism but has to be consumed with some sugar or with meal to prevent stress response due to low blood sugar. Because of the tannins in tea, it's important to use either lemon or milk (or cream). The histamine in red wine is a special problem for hypothyroid people, usually it isn't harmful"

i don' t like sugar in my coffee.. so that's that... would the lactose in cream offset the stress response that may be prompted by drinking coffee?

TIA

J

James IV

Coffee won't create a stress response unless you are glucose deficient. It's okay to drink it with just cream.

tara

i don' t like sugar in my coffee.. so that's that... would the lactose in cream offset the stress response that may be prompted by drinking coffee?
The point is that you need fuel on board. You can drink the coffee after a meal or decent snack, preferably one that has some carbs in it. You don't need to put sugar in your coffee.

jyb

TIA

There's very little energy from lactose in cream, btw.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
thanks people- appreciate your input

DaveFoster

Per calorie, significantly, but milk's more expensive per gram of fat. Milk provides many nutrients in addition to the fat and lactose (a sugar.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals