How Much Sugar In Coffee Without Getting Fat

bk_

Hey guys,

I’ve been drinking coffee with a lot of sweetner which greatly helps with metabolism and mental acuity but the calories are excessive and it’s making me gain weight (fat). I typically drink 3 cups a day and use about 5 sugar packets per cup.

What would be the proper amount of sugar or can I just skip it altogether by drinking it with meals? I don’t want to induce a stress response I was feeling good drinking coffee with lots of sugar.

I don’t think sugar makes you fat. I think that it speeds metabolism. Eat as much as you want.

OP
B

bk_

Well since adding honey/sugar in my coffee I’ve been gaining weight (20lbs) I think there is a limit to calorie intake. Raw sugar also lacks B-vitamins are which are cofactors for cellular respiration, I don’t think you can just safely increase metabolism by adding sugar/coffee alone.

RWilly

Well since adding honey/sugar in my coffee I’ve been gaining weight (20lbs) I think there is a limit to calorie intake. Raw sugar also lacks B-vitamins are which are cofactors for cellular respiration, I don’t think you can just safely increase metabolism by adding sugar/coffee alone.

Curious if you are also eating a lot of saturated fat.

boris

Hey guys,

I’ve been drinking coffee with a lot of sweetner which greatly helps with metabolism and mental acuity but the calories are excessive and it’s making me gain weight (fat). I typically drink 3 cups a day and use about 5 sugar packets per cup.

What would be the proper amount of sugar or can I just skip it altogether by drinking it with meals? I don’t want to induce a stress response I was feeling good drinking coffee with lots of sugar.

Be aware of randle effect. I remember from haidut or ray that in a healthy metabolism only something above 400-500g of sugar gets turned into fat.

RWilly

Yes I’m also eating a lot of saturated fats (no PUFA oils). I use coconut oil for cooking vegetables and meat/organs. I also consume enough cheese to provide 75-80% calcium intake which amounts to 500 calories from fat.
That's probably the culprit.

OP
B

bk_

That's probably the culprit.

Hmm I think I will just cut back on calories and exercise better portion control rather than eliminate cheese because I’m benefiting from the nutrients in cheese like calcium and K2. My gray hairs have been reversing and turning back to normal since adding cheese to my diet and my mental acuity has benefitted too. Ray Peat also says cheese is a source of high quality protein. I will carefully observe my metabolic indicators as I account for excess sugars and starches.

Agnichaga

"Cheese" can be a vague term. I consume it as 'milk, rennet, salt'. At the restaurant I work at most of the cheeses contain soy oil and all kinds of crazy excipients. 99% of cheeses at regular grocery stores are cultured with proprietary vegetarian enzymes instead of rennet which could wreak havoc in unpredictable ways on one's metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals