Cigarettes Anti-estrogenic Pro Dopamine?

dq139

So recently I opted to get American Spirits natural cigarettes to smoke once in awhile. I've read that American Spirit is in fact not all organic but it's the best I can find aside from Rolling my own cigarettes which is really inconvenient.... I feel whenever I smoke my brain fog is lifted and my libido become strong and just a general feeling of being Alpha and grounded. So I read that nicotine is a potent anti estrogen which I totally feel that in my body whenever I smoke. Cigars don't give me the same effect as cigarettes though... I know that Mr peat speaks favorably of nicotine but smoking it is obviously not healthy. I don't want to hurt my athletic performance but if I could find a pure organic already rolled cigarette other than American Spirits or a way to get nicotine into my body occasionally without nicotine patches because those patches have other toxic things in them I would definitely try it out.... I'm a stutterer by the way and have anxiety along with restless leg syndrome. One of the only things that's made an noticeable difference in these and raise my confidence is the occasional cigarette. Let me know what you guys experiences are with tobacco and let me know if you found any Superior Waze to get nicotine

Frankdee20

Nicotine is not the only naturally occurring substance in tobacco that may be responsible for the effects you speak. Likely some MOAI responsible for the cognitive effects. Nicotine itself, as Peat says, likely is pro metabolic. It acts on nicotinic acetylcholine receptors with secondary dopamine projections into the Mesolimbic pathway. I honestly believe the effects are short lived, but I smoke about 10 a day. There are excellent completely additive free brands that were featured on a post somewhere, I forget though. I seem to vary between Nat Sherman Classic Full Flavor and the Dark Blue American Spirits. Those burn slow, and they’re strong due to ammonia being allowed in the product, but lack personality. Dunhill Red Box and Nat Sherman are very sophisticated indeed

OP
D

dq139

Nicotine is not the only naturally occurring substance in tobacco that may be responsible for the effects you speak. Likely some MOAI responsible for the cognitive effects. Nicotine itself, as Peat says, likely is pro metabolic. It acts on nicotinic acetylcholine receptors with secondary dopamine projections into the Mesolimbic pathway. I honestly believe the effects are short lived, but I smoke about 10 a day. There are excellent completely additive free brands that were featured on a post somewhere, I forget though. I seem to vary between Nat Sherman Classic Full Flavor and the Dark Blue American Spirits. Those burn slow, and they’re strong due to ammonia being allowed in the product, but lack personality. Dunhill Red Box and Nat Sherman are very sophisticated indeed

Thanks for the info!... so I'm confused because I'm not sure if American Spirit is really additive-free or not?... Because I can get American Spirits in stores but Nat Sherman and Dunhill I think I have to get online... So I'm kind of afraid of American Spirit now LOL

Frankdee20

Thanks for the info!... so I'm confused because I'm not sure if American Spirit is really additive-free or not?... Because I can get American Spirits in stores but Nat Sherman and Dunhill I think I have to get online... So I'm kind of afraid of American Spirit now LOL

Well, although the dark blue box is listed as organic, I believe certain things are allowed in the final product. Perhaps the tobacco was organic, but who the hell knows what they do when curing. I think they make a decent line that’s commercially available, and they’re typically strong. They burn slow which I like, I am sure the nicotine content is around 2 mg with each dark blue cigarette. No personality though

zewe

Well, although the dark blue box is listed as organic, I believe certain things are allowed in the final product. Perhaps the tobacco was organic, but who the hell knows what they do when curing. I think they make a decent line that’s commercially available, and they’re typically strong. They burn slow which I like, I am sure the nicotine content is around 2 mg with each dark blue cigarette. No personality though

Actually, it's the maroon and gold [lights] that are organic. The rest are additive free and all are whole leaf. Since no additives [like ones that make you smoke more] you need very little and don't get cravings.

I don't smoke the pre rolled cigs...they are a bit too much for me. I use the loose tabacco and hand roll without filters. My cigs are very thin and I pinch the ends. This keeps me from getting too big a hit.

One of these may last me quite awhile as I set them down and they go out.

And I can choose my papers which make all the difference on taste and smoothness. And no chlorine bleaching of the paper.

I like the raw hemp papers and OBC makes some nice ones too.

Collden

Smoking is a conundrum, some of the countries that smoke the most (Switzerland, Greece, Andorra, Germany, France) have better health and lower cancer rates than countries that smoke far less (US, UK), there's got to be other lifestyle factors that can more than mitigate whatever harmful effects smoking has.

AFAIK even though the tobacco in American Spirits may be additive-free, they switched over to FSC paper a few years ago which contains noxious chemicals. I used to smoke those but started getting headaches when they changed the papers.

I think the only way to avoid most of the noxious chemicals added to cigarettes is to roll your own with organic tobacco and organic papers.

Last edited:

cyclops

Dunhill Red Box and Nat Sherman are very sophisticated indeed

Are Dunhills 100% Tobacco?

Actually, it's the maroon and gold [lights] that are organic. The rest are additive free and all are whole leaf. Since no additives [like ones that make you smoke more] you need very little and don't get cravings.

I think this has changed or may be different in different countries. Where I am (in the US) the dark blue, gold, green and light green (greens are menthol) are organic. I'm not sure about maroon or if we even have maroon (will have to look). But dark blue are indeed organic; they are the full bodied standard version. Also you can certainly get cravings with no additive tobacco.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I likewise feel more aggression when smoking cigarettes. Vaping doesn’t have the same effect.

Smoking is a conundrum

Don’t get me started. My father has smoked (2-3 packs a week) and drank for 50 years and his hairline has not budged since he was 20 (kinda convinces me skull shape plays a role). He’s 70 now and has never had a serious health problem.

Last edited:

zewe

I think this has changed or may be different in different countries. Where I am (in the US) the dark blue, gold, green and light green (greens are menthol) are organic. I'm not sure about maroon or if we even have maroon (will have to look). But dark blue are indeed organic; they are the full bodied standard version. Also you can certainly get cravings with no additive tobacco.

Additive free does not mean organic. It has to say organic on the package. Here's pics of the various flavors/types. Scroll down 4 pics:

www.tobaccoproducts.org/index.php/Natural_American_Spirit

Commercial/standard cigs have hundreds of additives. One being to make you smoke more or crave more.

If one is a very light smoker, and smokes additive free and/or organic, I think that there might be a psychological craving; as sucking one's breath in is a type of stress relief......I read this in a book many years ago titled, "Pleasure," and that's how they defined some cravings for smoking. Of course even heavy smokers can be addicted psychologically. I think you can use the other mechanics of smoking as a crutch .....almost like a personal ritual.

SNIP on additives:
This is the list of 599 additives in cigarettes submitted to the United States Department of Health and Human Services in April 1994.[1][2][3][4] It applies, as documented, only to American manufactured cigarettes intended for distribution within the United States by the listed companies. The five major tobacco companies that reported the information were:

Continue reading:
List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia

Last edited:

cyclops

Additive free does not mean organic. It has to say organic on the package. Here's pics of the various flavors/types. Scroll down 4 pics:

www.tobaccoproducts.org/index.php/Natural_American_Spirit

Commercial/standard cigs have hundreds of additives. One being to make you smoke more or crave more.

If one is a very light smoker, and smokes additive free and/or organic, I think that there might be a psychological craving; as sucking one's breath in is a type of stress relief......I read this in a book many years ago titled, "Pleasure," and that's how they defined some cravings for smoking. Of course even heavy smokers can be addicted psychologically. I think you can use the other mechanics of smoking as a crutch .....almost like a personal ritual.

SNIP on additives:
This is the list of 599 additives in cigarettes submitted to the United States Department of Health and Human Services in April 1994.[1][2][3][4] It applies, as documented, only to American manufactured cigarettes intended for distribution within the United States by the listed companies. The five major tobacco companies that reported the information were:

Continue reading:
List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia

Thank you for posting this, but something may have changed or is different where I am. I can 100% guarantee you that there is a darker blue carton called "turquoise" that is indeed organic. It is described as a "full-bodied taste" and is also additive-free and U.S grown. Also, I did not see any maroon cartons. Maybe where I am they changed maroon to turquoise?

Also 100% organic, additive-free tobacco cigarettes obviously contain nicotine, which is I believe is accepted as physiologically addictive substance.

zewe

@cyclops Most retailers, here in Pa. don't sell the organic because it's more costly.

I buy the turquoise can, original blend and it is most definitely not organic; nor is the dark blue. Check on the boxes of cigs and see if it says organic.

I have 2 special order the maroon/organic roll your own in packages, doesn't come in a can.

The only difference in the 2 organics, maroon & gold cigarettes, is the filter....gold being a filter for a lighter smoke.

I was just commenting on the psychological addiction rather than the
physiological because of the fact that other-brands put additives in that cause a stronger desire to smoke, hence you smoke more of their product. Whereas, American Spirit does not. You really don't need to smoke as much.
If you change from standard cigs to AMs, you will definitely notice this.

cyclops

These are the ones I am speaking of:

image.png

zewe

Well heck...we don't have that....where do you live?

cyclops

You ever hear of the Mandela effect? Maybe we are living in alternate realities or something lol.

zewe

You ever hear of the Mandela effect? Maybe we are living in alternate realities or something lol.

Yeah. Wouldn't that be interesting!

Herbie

I want to know the difference in experience of psychoactive effect between vaping nicotine and puffing a cigar no inhaling ? thanks

Isolated nicotine is void of harmaline alkaloids found in tobacco which are psychoactive and maoi, this may give insight to the difference in experience.

DavidGardner

I want to know the difference in experience of psychoactive effect between vaping nicotine and puffing a cigar no inhaling ? thanks

I've only ever taken one inhalation off of a vape, so I can't say much. It did give me kind of a bright feeling, cholinergic is the way I would describe it, like a racetam. Did not make me want more. Puffing a cigar without inhaling is the best method of nicotine delivery in my opinion. I have used nicotine lozenges and they are not the same at all, pure nicotine is not enjoyable IMO. All it does is satisfy a craving. Puffing a cigar typically does not deliver a very strong nicotine hit, but it is very relaxing without being overwhelming. And no anxiety, unlike chewing tobacco/dip/snus.

Frankdee20

A cigar releases its components through the mouth. You get a buzz from the sheer size and amount relative to a cigarette, even though it’s being absorbed differently

D

danishispsychic

I had a saliva hormone test after vaping nicotine everyday and my progesterone almost got TOO high in relation to my estrogen like even higher than what Dr Peat recommends - it had doubled from 6 months before when I was not vaping. I stopped. Bummer because my brain loved it .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals