Smoking suddenly triggers full body muscle spasms

martybyrde

I have been using nicotine through different forms over the years primarily vapes and sometimes cigarettes. The last year I have primarily smoked nicotine salt vapes and id definitely say I heavily abused it. Lately every time I take a hit my muscles starts spasming pretty crazy so I quit vaping but smoke the occasional cigarette. The cigarettes sometimes cause this but to a much milder degree, and sometimes it doesn’t cause it all. I am certain it was specifically the vape that triggered this condition.

The issue is that I still deal with these full body spasms after quitting but they’re drastically better. Even when not smoking they come by. These aren’t the twitches you get from losing electrolytes (I am hydrated and getting good amounts of all the electrolytes) but these weird deep twitches that come all over the entirety of my body. If it’s the first vape hit of the day it triggers a huge amount of twitching, which lead to me quitting. I am worried I poisoned myself with metals or something considering the metals used in the coils.

I am genuinely worried that something bad has happened, it feels like the onset of some neurological disease. Although mentally I feel pretty fine, I do notice the twitching is accompanied by feeling like a lack of oxygen to the brain and heavy brain fog.

I am desperate for anyone who has a clue. I heard one of the components in vape juice can metabolize into lactic acid and that coils can contain manganese but besides that I don’t have any other clue.

Thank you

mgrabs

I have been using nicotine through different forms over the years primarily vapes and sometimes cigarettes. The last year I have primarily smoked nicotine salt vapes and id definitely say I heavily abused it. Lately every time I take a hit my muscles starts spasming pretty crazy so I quit vaping but smoke the occasional cigarette. The cigarettes sometimes cause this but to a much milder degree, and sometimes it doesn’t cause it all. I am certain it was specifically the vape that triggered this condition.

The issue is that I still deal with these full body spasms after quitting but they’re drastically better. Even when not smoking they come by. These aren’t the twitches you get from losing electrolytes (I am hydrated and getting good amounts of all the electrolytes) but these weird deep twitches that come all over the entirety of my body. If it’s the first vape hit of the day it triggers a huge amount of twitching, which lead to me quitting. I am worried I poisoned myself with metals or something considering the metals used in the coils.

I am genuinely worried that something bad has happened, it feels like the onset of some neurological disease. Although mentally I feel pretty fine, I do notice the twitching is accompanied by feeling like a lack of oxygen to the brain and heavy brain fog.

I am desperate for anyone who has a clue. I heard one of the components in vape juice can metabolize into lactic acid and that coils can contain manganese but besides that I don’t have any other clue.

Thank you
Could be adrenal related?

mgrabs

Sorry could you be more specific in what you mean? I don’t really know much about the adrenals
I do know my body twitched a lot when my
Adrenal glands were weak. (Your stress hormones) my DHEA levels were low too. This happened anytime i tried a stimulant. Either caffeine or cigarettes. Especially a hand rolled American spirit cigarette. I would twitch.

Pretty much my body couldn’t handle any stimulants until i lowered my stress for a while

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Pipe tobacco moreso than cigars does that to me. Well perhaps not all the time, but it increases the chance of the twitches happening. Nicotine is a cholinergic, so I am not surprised.

It's interesting you mention heavy metals as some can decrease
acetylcholinestrase which will lead to higher cholinergic activity.

Last edited:
OP
M

martybyrde

I was going to post something about nicotine and choline too.
I think this may be the main mechanism for me at least. I tried anticholinergics since making this post and they completely halt the twitching.. but I also feel a tiny bit slower.

OP
M

martybyrde

As for the root cause? No idea and I think metals are the main suspect. Not really sure how to proceed.

Also maybe gut bacteria

xeliex

Forum Supporter
As for the root cause? No idea and I think metals are the main suspect. Not really sure how to proceed.

Also maybe gut bacteria
Well it seems that some metals promote and some inhibit acetylcholinesterase.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals