Lidocaine Might Reverse The Epigenetic Changes Caused By Quitting Smoking And Finasteride

lampofred

Disclaimer: this is a pure hunch with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up.

Every smoker I know has said that they never felt the same after quitting. I read animal studies which said that smoking permanently changes GABA function and that the neurons never switch back to normal even after several months or years of abstinence. I am guessing that this is due to an epigenetic change.

In my own experience I had a major loss in GABA function after I quit smoking. I then began experiencing gut issues I never had before. I have noticed that smokers in general tend to have gut issues; admittedly, maybe the gut issues led to them wanting to smoke in the first place, but maybe the loss in GABA function after starting smoking, developing a tolerance to nicotine, and experiencing nicotine withdrawals more and more frequently is what led to an increase in gut issues. I don't know.

What happened is that I just took lidocaine a few hours ago and felt some major shift in my body, a personality shift to what I was like a few years ago and improved blood flow, and I immediately thought of quitting smoking and epigenetic loss of GABA function. I feel like my lost GABA function is coming back. Dr. Peat wrote that taking lidocaine just once caused a permanent healing of his gut issues (even though he has never smoked), and he said he suspected the mechanism was epigenetic because it was so stable and immediate.

I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, it is a pure hunch, but I thought there would be no harm in sharing. It might help Post-Finasteride Syndrome, too, since that also seems to be related to GABA disregulation. Even if it ends up not helping, I don't think there would be any harm in trying lidocaine for ex-smokers or PFS sufferers. RP has mentioned it is very safe.

Kingpinguin

Disclaimer: this is a pure hunch with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up.

Every smoker I know has said that they never felt the same after quitting. I read animal studies which said that smoking permanently changes GABA function and that the neurons never switch back to normal even after several months or years of abstinence. I am guessing that this is due to an epigenetic change.

In my own experience I had a major loss in GABA function after I quit smoking. I then began experiencing gut issues I never had before. I have noticed that smokers in general tend to have gut issues; admittedly, maybe the gut issues led to them wanting to smoke in the first place, but maybe the loss in GABA function after starting smoking, developing a tolerance to nicotine, and experiencing nicotine withdrawals more and more frequently is what led to an increase in gut issues. I don't know.

What happened is that I just took lidocaine a few hours ago and felt some major shift in my body, a personality shift to what I was like a few years ago and improved blood flow, and I immediately thought of quitting smoking and epigenetic loss of GABA function. I feel like my lost GABA function is coming back. Dr. Peat wrote that taking lidocaine just once caused a permanent healing of his gut issues (even though he has never smoked), and he said he suspected the mechanism was epigenetic because it was so stable and immediate.

I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, it is a pure hunch, but I thought there would be no harm in sharing. It might help Post-Finasteride Syndrome, too, since that also seems to be related to GABA disregulation. Even if it ends up not helping, I don't think there would be any harm in trying lidocaine for ex-smokers or PFS sufferers. RP has mentioned it is very safe.

quite the opposite in my case. Started smoking when I was 13 years old. Smoked for 12 years. Most I smoked was a package per day. The moment I manage to stop I just started to feel so much better. More energy, not feeling restless all the time and anxious. Imo I feel like smoking causes dopamine receptor desenzitation. Smoking made me tired and unmotivated. Like to add never had a gut issues either cant really tell that I’ve noticed other smokers have the same issues.

OP
L

lampofred

quite the opposite in my case. Started smoking when I was 13 years old. Smoked for 12 years. Most I smoked was a package per day. The moment I manage to stop I just started to feel so much better. More energy, not feeling restless all the time and anxious. Imo I feel like smoking causes dopamine receptor desenzitation. Smoking made me tired and unmotivated. Like to add never had a gut issues either cant really tell that I’ve noticed other smokers have the same issues.

Maybe there is a certain threshold you have to reach for tobacco to cause epigenetic changes. I had smoked and quit several times in the past with no issues, but I clearly remember one week when I smoked a lot more than usual and ever since that week I felt that something was different, until now.

biffbelvin

I experienced the above, but like Lampofred I've definitely got symptoms of low Gaba. I've grown much more self-aware/neurotic with age so it's difficult to tell if this is a result of smoking or something I've always had.

@lampofred keep us posted on your results. If this is really a one-time permanent improvement i'll be very interested.

EIRE24

I have a stomach ulcer and am very interested in trying the lidocaine to see if it helps the healing. How much did you take or how much does Ray recommend to take?

OP
L

lampofred

I have a stomach ulcer and am very interested in trying the lidocaine to see if it helps the healing. How much did you take or how much does Ray recommend to take?

He used only a sip for his gut issue. I took a massive amount (I drank 2 vials of injectable solution) and would not recommend that for anyone without trying smaller amounts first (Disclaimer: I am not recommending the higher doses to anyone at all, just posting for informational purposes). He said it's very safe in the doses he used but at the doses I used it can cause seizures... I started shaking at one point but felt that it was doing something good so I wasn't worried.

Last edited:
OP
L

lampofred

I experienced the above, but like Lampofred I've definitely got symptoms of low Gaba. I've grown much more self-aware/neurotic with age so it's difficult to tell if this is a result of smoking or something I've always had.

@lampofred keep us posted on your results. If this is really a one-time permanent improvement i'll be very interested.

Will do. Currently it seems like I am able to respond to T4 again. If my GABA epigenetic downregulation has been turned off and I now have GABAA function again, then increased GABA leading to lowered serotonin and cortisol leading to increased T4 to T3 conversion and lowered rT3 seems plausible.

Inaut

Yea I’d say that’s a bit too much but who am I...

I think upper should be 50mg.

OP
L

lampofred

I think one other thing the lidocaine might have done is to break down cholesterol esters and increase free cholesterol. My skin seems less dry and dull and fuller, more colorful and translucent. My thoughts and speech also feel "wetter" (don't know how else to word that), like there is more lubrication due to more cholesterol being available in my brain.

thomas00

Holy... I took 2 GRAMS

yikes! there are case reports of people dying from a few hundred milligrams of it

I swallowed some of the 5% ointment over the course of a few days. It was definitely doing me good until whatever else was in the ointment started causing gut irritation.

I switched to the powder and got drowsy and fell asleep after taking as little as 2mg of the stuff. Pretty sure I would have been getting way more than 2mg from the ointment.

Anders86

But what about Niacinamide? I remember when I first discovered it I was so amazed that I switched out beers with coke+niacinamide. It has profound effects on GABA.

EIRE24

But what about Niacinamide? I remember when I first discovered it I was so amazed that I switched out beers with coke+niacinamide. It has profound effects on GABA.
What did you discover with niacinamide and coke?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals